NYCFC Mock Uniform Designs

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by njsoccer24, May 22, 2013.

1. Jeterfan1015

Jeterfan1015 Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Queens NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it the round crest idea but I don't like the little house in the middle.

2. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Member

May 13, 2013
    Long Island
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This looks great to me and its simple. Alot of the badges I have seen have too much going on .

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a play off the old subway tokens.

I think it's kind of plain, maybe replace the pentagram with the eagle found on the ny crest.

4. Jeterfan1015

Jeterfan1015 Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Queens NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree it's too plain. If the pentagram was replaced with anything that has some relevence to NY then I think it would be perfect nycfc5.png It doesn't have to be the Brooklyn Bridge, but it needs something in the middle.

5. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pentagram has relevance to NY (five boroughs). I think it's better for them to rely on something recognized by residents, rather than something that has more appeal to tourists.

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    For the record, that is a pentaGON, not a pentaGRAM.

Seraphim Renegade repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, yup... It is. Pentagram is star shaped.

8. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I'd switch the logo to the one with the pentagon and NYCFC. I love simplicity and think New Yorkers would love it as well.

These uniforms piqued my interest and I was thinking how cool it would be to have a graffiti styled third jersey. Black background with bright orange and and blue in some coherent design on the chest kind of like Sporting KC's third kit.

Then top it off with those new FC Barcelona socks except with black blue orange and maybe yellow and then it'd be perfect.

Also Audi is a really classy sponsor. I know we would likely take whomever we can get, but it'd be nice to not to have something tacky.

9. Jeterfan1015

Jeterfan1015 Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Queens NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but I think most New York residents would have no clue what the pentagon means. It's a nice idea for the pentagon to represent the five boroughs but not as the centerpiece to our crest. City landmarks "that have more appeal to tourists" can work well as symbols for teams...
    mets.jpg everton.jpg paris.jpg rangers.jpg at least they are better than some shape.

10. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised that you didn't include the Sounders logo from our own league. So far, they're the only ones to take a landmark and incorporate it into their logo.

Funny enough, three of those four logos are no longer active. For two of them, it's due to tweaks (both done this year, one just last week) that still keep the monument. The more relevant one (the Rangers' logo), however, was only a secondary logo and hasn't been used for a few years.

I feel that if you have a standout monument that instantly links a logo to a city, then it can work. The Eiffel Tower and the Space Needle do that (and Rupert's tower has been on Everton's crest for so long that they're practically linked now).

Lady Liberty and the Skyline do link immediately for New York...so I'm gonna unapologetically move the goalposts.

IIRC, there was a bit of frustration with the inclusion of the Space Needle in the Sounders' crest (then again, the whole thing in general looked quite whacky on first glance). The iconic nature of the needle and its direct link to Seattle also make it come off as cliche for some. That's the fear that I have with using NYC landmarks in the logo.

My attachment to the odd little "FC" pentagram and the "Subway Token" branding from Hyperakt comes from the fact that they dig a little deeper. They go past the obvious links and derive their identities from an element that was once a part of daily life (it's the same reason why I have a soft spot for the Knicks' token logos). On top of that, I'd like to see them work with a pentagon shape simply because it would set them apart from a vast majority of the sports world. Off the top of my head, only The Netherlands and the Richmond Kickers have pentagon logos in soccer. Sure, the pentagon looks out of place in the secondary Hyperakt logo, but it fits in perfectly in the primary one.

11. Jeterfan1015

Jeterfan1015 Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Queens NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that it could come off as cliche. I don't like the Seattle crest either which is why I didn't include it, but landmarks can work. I like all the crests I used. I also like what you said about going deeper and finding something with a more subtle meaning that is not completely recognizable at first glance. I just can't get behind a plain pentagon. Maybe if the FC was inside the pentagon instead of written out at the bottom of the circle and then something else was written on the bottom of the circle it would look better. Then the alternate logo could just be the pentagon with the FC in it like that other crest people like.

12. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's understandable. Since I have no other objections to bring up, I'll just let the thread get back to mockups.

13. Jeterfan1015

Jeterfan1015 Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Queens NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think these would be the best primary and secondary logo's. The primary logo doesn't have to say EST 2013, but I couldn't think of anything else for it to say. Also I suck at making crests so they would look much better if someone who knew what they were doing made them, but I think this is a good combination of what people seem to like the most on this board.
    nycfc5.png

Shopping Cart Man repped this.
  14. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it. All this time, the diamonds (I guess rhombuses, if we're going geometrically correct) in the original (which you replaced with stars) only reminded me of HSV.
    [​IMG]
    Yours brings consistency to the whole thing. It has an "All Stars" kind of look to it.

15. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Capt.Tsubasa repped this.
  16. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Creative thinking: Compete in Design Football's NYCFC crest and kit design contest | THE SIDELINE

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...n-footballs-nycfc-crest-and-kit-design-contes

Attention graphic designers, kit nerds and other creative types: Design Football is running a design competition to see who can create the best "look" for the recently announced 20th team in Major League Soccer, New York City FC, which will enter MLS in 2015.
    Go here, make sure you read the design rules listed at the top of the page, scope out some of the competition and fire up that Adobe graphic program and design away. You can enter crest designs, home and away kits designs, and even third kit designs. We also had a thread on MLSsoccer.com the day of the announcement that was littered with quite a few great ideas. Pull inspiration from there, if you must.
    The contest runs until June 22, so you've got a little more than two weeks to put your ideas on computer pixels. Many of the NYCFC designs that have appeared around the Internet have already been entered into the competition, and they're all quite good, but here's a few of the ones I liked best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other crest design concepts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EruditeHobo repped this.
  18. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NYC Third
    [​IMG]

20. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Keep in mind that the colours are not decided yet..

21. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best Crest Design Of Them All:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this was Philadelphia Eagles FC maybe. LOL.

Nice designs.

25. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Member

May 13, 2013
    Long Island
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Im liking the touch of orange in the badges . It would be nice no matter what colors jerseys end up if nyc flag could be right under collar in the back of jersey.