NY2: A Dream Deferred

Discussion in 'NY/NJ Off Topic' started by DoctorK, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    The punk authenticity card thrown down with the renewal of the anti-burbs stance. LOL.

The Cosmos rejecting the suburbs in favor of outer borough snobbery. Oh the irony!

C, I guess in missing out on the Boys party you lost a chance to learn something about music, too! PMSL.

I really can't fathom the continuation of self-congratutory bollocks when the much-hyped "Q&A with the NY Cosmos" wound up those those three saying utterly nothing. And then to continue with the insults to those who had better things to do than sit through that silly lovefest? Too much. Clever not to say who from the "front office" would actually appear. I really wonder if the Boys knew who would appear. Surely people were expecting one of Kemsley, Byrne, Johnson or Cantona. Could have been Huey, Louie and Dewey in polo shirts passing the microphone - they wouldn't have been any less "the source" than the three who did show.

The lack of understanding of grassroots player development remains the most obvious evidence of the empty rhetoric. From Byrne claiming u8s play 4-3-3 to Gio inaccurately citing the number of local Development Academies (and he ought to know better, having been fired by the best of them), they are completely clueless. Buying Gottschee does not get you involved with local grassroots . If anything, it irritates those who compete against them as it demeans the Cosmos legacy. Unlike the old Cosmos relationship with the CSL (the renamed German league in conjunction with the club), they bought one of the teams. Nice way to p!ss people off, not make them feel involved.

So while everyone wants to know where in the five boroughs a stadium will be, what's everyone told? Soil has been tested here, there, and anywhere you might fantasize your dream team will play!

Good thing we didn't hold out for a stadium in the five boroughs and settled on Harrison or we'd be in the New Meadowlands this season. Instead we can walk towards the continent's best soccer stadium, framed by the Manhattan skyline, grateful we have a team to share with friends and family and not just a memory of yesteryear or a fantasy for in all-too-distant future.

1 person likes this.
  2. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Will you be at the USA Argentina game? You should come to see us in the parking lot, we'll be there early and we can discuss this all civilly and in greater detail. If you won't come see us, I'll go to you and bring a couple of beers for us to share. How about it?

3. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Just for the record, Doctor K has been on big soccer numerous times since this post, and still won't agree to just meet and talk about it like normal people.

Nothing more than a do nothing internet troll, internet loser.

4. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
  5. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    So, just say it. You like the Cosmos, but you're not willing to say or do anything about it except whine on a computer. God, what a ********ing loser. You want to continue to complain and bitch, but you won't actually have an in person coversation with anyone about it.

OK, if you're ever interested, you can pm me. If not, you're just an internet troll.

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    So you wanna go there? I was one of about 20 people at Johnny Ramone's house who were invited there to be with him when he died. He was a close friend of mine while I lived in L.A. Linda also invited me to his funeral.

I played in punk bands. I photographed and wrote about them and still do. I was an active participant on the first level, not just an anonymous face in the crowd.

Punk is not about where you live. It's about who you are. And in you case, you're adick, and that will never change no matter where you live.

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Impressive, nevertheless you show a tremendous ignorance of the punk legacy. You're one of John Lydon's fools and you don't even recognize it. Also, by calling the punk tradition of anti-consumerism a "fantasy", you have missed an entire and very important aspect of the punk legacy. It's a shame, really.

For you, sadly, it's a thing of the past. For me, it's a part of life.

8. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know how corny that sounds?

9. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I'm not a hipster, I'm not afraid of sounding earnest.

10. Beto

Beto New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    NOLA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    funny thread

11. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    they're always classics.:)