NY Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire at GS - Sat, September 1 at 7:30 [R] Pre, During and Post-Game Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Re: NY Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire at GS - Sat, September 1 at 7:30 [R] Pre, During and Post-Game Thre

JP doesn't realize its just wan-choap, not chop-ay.

Great shot by Mathis. He's had 2 chances so far..I'd like to see him bury one by the end of the night.

2. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    Re: NY Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire at GS - Sat, September 1 at 7:30 [R] Pre, During and Post-Game Thre

RBNY is better so far in possession. Reyna saw Richards wide who saw Mathis at the top of the box who took a strong shot which unfortunately went wide. Good guys are playing very well, but they need a strong shot on net.

Blanco has been taken out of this game so far - took a dive and the ref told him to get up. (Of course now he gets the ball, beats Joe Vide but Blanco's chip is easily grabbed)

3. lprevolution

lprevolution Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Philadelphia

Reina is actually being affective as well. having Van der Berg in the back seems to be working too. Kind of how Kevo was affective from the back too.

ITYS Vaughn is making this interesting. Worst in the league.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ

Joe Vide got a yellow card just now.

Except his foul on Blanco was about a minute or so ago.

Why now?? A tackle from behind that was an advantage call? I'm...confused.

5. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

MLSnet said the yellow card was given for a reckless foul.

6. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

score update?

is there a webcast for this?

whats the pace of the game like?

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ

Still 0-0

Chicago decides to actually attack a bit, but both teams still don't have a strong shot on goal. Blanco had a weak and easily grabbed chip; Mathis had some volley shots that went wide. Red Bulls are better in my opinion now.

Blanco dives AGAIN. Give him a yellow, ref!

UPDATE: Blanco dives, but a foul is called on Parke because Parke...uh...went near him and Blanco fell.

UPDATE #2: 2 straight corners now. Reyna is having the best game by the Bulls so far. Stammler heads a corner from Reyna just wide to keep the score 0-0. If I'm NY, I got to try and score soon because while they're playing better, the longer this scoreline goes - the more it favors Chicago.

8. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Blanco = Crap

9. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York

you gotta admit that Blanco is entertaining

reminds me of Greg Louganis

10. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i just had a mini dislexic moment, i read that as lou gehrig

11. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

God shoot! That went through so many people on the top of the 18 that should have shot. Step up!

12. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil

What's the crowd look like? I'd think there would be *some* carry over from Beckham + Blanco should draw some...anything near 20k? (would be sad if you can't get close after the great 5-4 game)

13. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i would also think that blanco would draw an additional mexican sombrero wearing crowd

14. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

joey vide out, magee in

15. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

G O A L A N G E L

16. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Just got home to watch TV, looks like a good game so I'm sorry I missed much of it.

How many times has Blanco seen a handball in the box called off?

17. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Doe looks pretty good but he has to take that shot.

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

That series of one touches from the backline all the way to Reyna would've been really sweet if Reyna connected with Angel.

19. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey

Didn't see Altidore in the starting lineup or on the bench. Someone in thread mentioned he has not practiced all week? Is he hurt, how bad?

I'm watching the game waiting for the announcers to say something but they haven’t mentioned anything as of yet. If anyone can give more information I would appreciate. Thanks

Game just ended...1 nothing Red Bulls

20. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

NY 1-0 CHI FT.

Not bad.

21. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

I like what I saw of Doe tonight. Looking forward to seeing more of this guy.

22. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey

Me too. That guy really is built like a Bull, almost looks just as big and as cut as Gooch.

23. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Absolutely. My only concern is he has to put his jitters aside and be more aggressive on the ball.

24. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well we picked up 3 really important points today, i just wish we would have gotten at least one last week

25. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey

...forgot to mention(in the little I've seen thus far) he looks like a much better dribbler, but I guess that’s not really saying much since Doe isn't a defender.

Anyway, Gooch is 6 plus and Doe is at 5'8"…..but damn if it didn’t fool me!

Any Altidore info to offer?