NY Red Bulls at Chivas [R] Su-September 9, 2007 at 8PM Pre, During, Post Game Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Bruce wanted to rest Jozy for quite some time, but the lack of depth up top forced his hand a little bit.

2. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    That's what I was thinking. Bruce knows in MLS its all about being ready to go during the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Angel, Mathis, Reyna etc. sitting out games leading up to the playoffs so they are rested.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i will go beyond one game with this, and ask
    ....Will they keep him out of the limelite as much as possible and expose him very little to anyone that might want to steal him away from NY ? If no offers come in we might have him back next year.:D

4. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I think Jozy's well in the limelight. MLS posterboy does that, not to mention his performances with and w/o Angel. Don't know how long we can keep him, so let's just hope he's in top form for the playoffs.

Though I'm still watching this instead of the Giants season opener, I'm not as nervous about the result as I was last week's. Still, a revenge winner at their "home" would be great.

Slay the Goats!

5. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

7. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
  8. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    magee will be playing a sub role for the time being as he isnt fit to play 90 minutes yet and is still working to get his knee back to 100%

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on Jessica R, and Samantha. Kortney used to be a cheerleader for Southern Cal so she gets my vote.

10. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would put samantha on top of jessica r, and the most of the rest of these girls just dont look good in their photos, i dont knwo if it was just an amatuer who shot them, or if they really just arent hot

11. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ooooh, kinky ...... :cool:

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Anyone seen a soccer game around here ? :D

13. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you want to find the soccer,Ok, man you're gonna go to the Texaco station.
    Take a right. Go 5 and a half miles southeast.
    You're gonna see a guy in a yellow poncho. His name is Hank.
    He'll take you to the whopper Lair. That's where you go. thats where you find the soccer

14. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    i personally like Schopp, although he hasnt played this season...but i liked him last season personally..i say give Schopp another chance.

15. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    From the reports I've heard and what little we've seen of him, he doesn't look to be the same player as last year.

16. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    i dont disagree, but we havent really seen much of him this year...

17. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    i think i've seen enough...and i've been disgusted by it

18. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    so many pessimissts on this board :p

19. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    not in general, but when it comes tto schopp's performance so far this year, yes.

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Ja!!!!...They was rested like never before and never will.. not this year again (14 days rest) for the game against DC and loose 4:1

21. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
  22. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's Only One John Doe! ;)

23. Branc3399

Branc3399 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Harrison
    I hope our boys take it to Chivas USA tonight. I hope that we show that RBNY is a legitimate soccer club and that we want to contend for the MLS Cup this year. I know we've had our ups and downs throughout the year but I think that we can put it all together for the stretch run here. Claudio Reyna played well for us against Chicago last week. JPA is an absolute professional with world class ability. Jozy Altidore is the next big striker for US Nats who will be playing in Portugal by this time next year alongside Adu. (Hopefully not but probably going somewhere in Europe when he turns 18). We have a lot of other good complimentary players (Mathis, Deva, Schopp). Why not us? I for one am thinking that this is our time and we need to keep it going with a win versus Chivas tonight. Doe looked pretty good in the limited amount of time he has seen since his signing. Maybe this guy will allow us to get rid of the oldest looking thirty year old in the history of the world (Woly) who clearly is a fighter but lacks in the skill department which brings down the whole team because teams start to concentrate on JPA and it's good night from there. Maybe Doe can keep Chivas honest. I'm kidding about Schopp by the way although he did look good last year didn't he?

24. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know Dema is not on the injury report So here is my line up for today.

Doe--Angel
    Mathis-Reyna-Dema-Magee
    DVB-Mendes-Parke--Freeman
    Walrus​