NY/NJ Poles

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 15, 2003.

1. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
  2. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

I think GoHawks had better think before he types and stereotypes an entire country unjustly.

3. You owe me a lot for wasting an hour of my time to go through this crap. When I read at the end that all this was really about 3 guys, I burst into laugh but I should probably be crying instead.

I think what this entire post really shows is how prejudiced Americans are about Poles and how many misconceptions exist in this country about the Polish nation. Sadly, a lot of it is the work of cataleptics like GoHawks4. They make you think that Polish minds are full of ultraright theories and directives. I mean, in the 4 years we have been together in Section 8, you got to know us. You know the good and the bad maybe better than myself because you have an unskewed view from perspective.

As far as the symbols are concerned, I need to mention this. When I first came to the United States and went to a rock concert, I was surprised at the number of satanists present. Really. Cheap black T-shirts expressing this ideology, with skulls and whatnot. Satan hand signs thrown everywhere all concert long. I got to think that this must be the most satanist country I have ever been to. Seriously.

On a lighter note, even Arsonists are offering Satan teachings today.

Joining that discussion is not worth my time. It would basically be the fight with the proverbial windmills. All I can say is that I seriously doubt that they will ever see more than these 3 guys on any occasion, even if they tried to import somebody from Poland. You also cannot rule out that them guys were just tourists playing with the poor folks in 101 at Giants.

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    "WHO'S THE BEST?"

"SATAN!"

5. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    wow, what a bunch of idiots (The ESC and other metro morons).
    Three Polish "skinheads" show up to a match and they are all up in a tissy.and Go Hawks.. I have a "celtic cross" tattooed on my left fore arm.I am niether Polish nor a Nazi.I will be making my apearence back at fire games starting the 10th of October (unlike others I meant what i said about boycotting naperville last year after the security incidents).Ask any old Section 8er (Fonso, Steve, Liam , etc) where you can find Chad.. I would be more then happy to have you call me a nazi to my face for having a tattoo of this kind.

6. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    i agree with you on most of your post. Especially about reading that thread being a waste of time. But don't fall into the same boat by misuse of words.

perhaps 'many American' or 'some americans' would be better. Because I'm an American and I think the world of Polish people.

7. Fantastic remark. Obviously my post should have said SOME Americans. Regret it is too late to edit the original now.

8. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I knew what you meant. I just didn't want to read someone who doesn't know you make a comment on it so I did instead.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you're painting with the same broad brush that some of the people in the Metro thread used.

10. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I just want to say that if you did not know anything about the FIRE or Sec. 8 etc. and ran accross JUST this sentence somehow that it would be hard to take it light.

11. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

[Sigh] So I have to call the archidiocese and cancel the exorcist for the USOC semi-final?

12. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Yeah, what a long, fairly pointless thread. I agree with everything thats been said here. Its a bummer that nazis (whoever they may be) have taken all this old iconography (I'm thinking of german stuff) and have made people think it had purely rascist connotations.

Yeah, I'm glad our board isn't like that.

UP WITH SATAN!
    -K

13. Not everyone said Metro fans are ignorant pig waste who result to stereotypes when dealing with an unfamiliar ethnic group, and those of us that didn't do not appreciate being painted with such a broad brush.

By the way, if that thread is any indicator, it seems that Metro fans are ingorant pig waste. And they all probably have really big hair since they're from Jersey and smoke crack.

14. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Yeah, I read most of that and then it says there were 3 guys. Just from the whole context of how they were talking, I imagined this was a group of 30 or so. Oh well.

15. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    i didn't care to read through the whole post, but there is a right wing element among polish supporters as is true with most european countries. for some reason the celtic cross became synonomous with white power in poland and other places in europe. you see it on banners, flags, and scarves. that being said, many kids wearing it are clueless as to what it's supposed to represent. in my opinion the peak of all this right wing bullsh1t has passed in poland. you still see it, but there are also lefties showing up at games and of course the vast majority is uninterested either way. over the years there have been a couple of characters of that persuasion showing up at SF, but i think they've realized it's just not en vogue in section 8. hey, i'm polish and i've got a "brigada rossa" banner in the planning stages :)

16. That is of course very true but you don't mention that this right wing element is very marginal. During the many years I spent at Polish soccer stadiums I have actually never met any skinhead in person. Maybe it was because of the location (my hometown, Szczecin, is not really the best place to find these--a black player Ferdynand Chi-Fon was loved there and the supporters' groups were run by long-haired rockers for as long as I can remember), maybe I had bad luck. My knowledge states that this stuff exists but is hard to find--it is not like you will encounter it every game, everywhere. I would risk to say that you may be exposed to it once every couple of seasons (or a little more often in certain places of greater activity) or you may not.

I talked to my brother who lives in Poland and actually knows a person who claims to be a skinhead quite well. Remarks in the thread we are discussing here about black suspenders and (red inside-outs of) flyer's jackets made him laugh. This is not how you identify skins anywhere.

One thing, that is certainly true, is that any ultraright wing activity (if ever even noticeable) in Poland is certainly beyond its peak already and most people help in its presence by using their symbols not necessarily identifying themselves with it.

Arsonists, I used the phrase "on a lighter note" so I did not have to use the smiley. Appologies, if I offended, even in the slightest way.

Mike Segroves, are you suggesting I should change my sex? I can't be any nicer to you unless I wear this "pink" cowboy shirt, you know.

17. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too. . .so much so, I married a Polish people

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea.... some people got very silly...... sad :(

19. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    if you wade thru the bullsh!t (granted there's a lot) you'll notice that there's a difference between a celtic cross and a cross of Odin. One of the guys was wearing a scarf with the cross of Odin on it. Some people talked to them to find out if they were actually White Power or if they were just clueless poseurs, the 3 of them admitted to being White Power. The fact that they were polish is way beside the point. We don't want racists standing with the ESC. If they come back we'll have security remove them (they won't have tickets for 101) and that will hopefully end it.

20. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah alot of talk on that thread.
    Commies, capitalists, conservatives, liberals
    to hell with all that crap.

I won't share the stand with sieg heiling nazis, no matter where they are from ( I think the Polish thing only confused the matter)

We've been out in the burbs for a while so we may have forgotten the troubles some of these types have caused at SF. There are frequently posts on stormfront- a white power nazi board - calling for an organized nazi presence at Fire matches for socializing and recruitment.
    [​IMG]

"I hate Illinois Nazis"

So 9 pages for three boneheads....a bit much, but I'm glad people noticed and will make a stand against Nazis sieg heiling and sporting hate symbols in their supporters section, we don't need that crap in the US.

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Not welcome in the Fire's house I'd say.

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

deleted post.......

23. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Go home troll....don't start your sympathic/look the other way/ there cool with me crap in here. keep it over on your own areas forum.

My family didn't spend tears, blood and lives battling Nazis in Europe and facists in the Pacific 50 yrs ago so I could "get along" with them now. So save your breath.

24. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Amen, brother!

25. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Great now we have a sexist on our board!

I did not read the thread on the NY/NJ board but I just want to say that being from Cuba myself I can gaurantee you that not ALL Native Americans are gay. Furthermore, you would have to live in NY to not know that it is the Welsh with the most blood on there hands not the Nazis or the Capitalists. Because of this I will be calling SF security to ask them not to let anyone with a coal blackened face into sec. 101.

Racists are like school on Sunday......easy to vandalize but not worth your time.