NY Away Playoff match

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Midnight Riders, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ElmCityBrewCrew

Jul 8, 2002
    Elm City, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if anyone wants to pick up two people in New Haven CT on their way down.. it would be appreciated.. we'll chip in for gas and parking and what not. Ehhhh? Ehhhhhhhhhhh?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The Midnight Riders Firm had better bring some numbers this time!!

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "Firm"?

Not hardly, but there will be a fair number of travelling Rev supporters.

The Magpie

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    hehe :)

Good on you lads!

5. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'm definitely in, so now I want to look for riders or a ride.

I live right near the junction of the Mass Pike and Interstate 84, so I can hop in with someone in Sturbridge or pick up in the vicinity and drive myself. I will have room for 3.

Yes, ElmCityBrewCrew I know you are looking for a lift so if no one is going down 95 and can get you two I suppose that I could go that way if necessary.

6. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing we should all do is set up a area at Swamp to park an tailgate and march in together post any suggestions, I would say where everyone pretty much park in September would be good.

7. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Give me a parking lot number/letter/whatever and I'll be there with as many sorry saps as I can muster.

8. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Webster too far away?

9. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Webster is fine (I'm in Brimfield) Email me and we can work out details

ianlynch (at) charter.net

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My suggestion, take it for the 1/2 cent it's worth ... is to meet somewhere near Gate C. That's where people who are will call tickets will be getting their tickets anyway.

monty (slightly regretting not being able to make it)

11. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    We should have a decent group meeting up for a tailgate, so if anyone else wants to meet up PM and we can make arrangements.
    And yes, there should be jello shots.

12. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone planning on bringing drums or other "noisy things?" For that matter, what are the regs at the Swamp? I'm thinking about a bucket for a drum or perhaps the dreaded muffin pan...muhahahaha

13. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    According to the mutts website no noisemakers allowed. But no where in there did it say no muffin pans.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drums are allowed ... at least they were when we did the trip a couple of months ago. And as we celebrated the win and walked out of the place ... the drum and the fans were very happily singing! :)

Ann, what do you think about trying to get everyone near Gate C. Yes, that's a relatively large area, but once you pay, IIRC you're allowed to park anywhere, so you can just ask the people at the parking booth where Gate C is and head that way ... and then find the rest of our group. Should be fun!

15. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    Gate C is the plan. It's too bad you have to go to Denver Monty. I bet they won't have any 99 bananas there.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    drums are fine..... by noismakers they really mean the air/fog/boat horn that I can no longer smuggle into the stadium....

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Not unreasonable.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd on hand regardless.

The Magpie

18. jelloshotgal

jelloshotgal New Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Arlington
    Good Lord It's less than 24 hours away!

It's true, Jello is being made. The Jello Shot Girls are hitting the road. What's in their cooler? 99 Bananas of course, what else? Does it really matter? There is going to be Bananas in the cooler!

Anyway, Ann and I will be looking to unload a ticket for a sick Midnight Rider. So if anyone shows we have a ticket to get rid of.

feel free to email me at jelloshotgirl25@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to make arrangements. Ann and I are leaving Boston at 9 am.