PBP: NWSL Week 11: Sky Blue-Washington

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An oddity in the schedule: this match is singleton for this week, due to the FIFA window.
    Shall we call this Week 11a, and next week Week 11b? Or is this Week 10.99?

[SkB-WAS]

Sky Blue: Q Frisbie Rodriguez Skroski^ / OUT Hoy / INTL Beckie Leon Lloyd McCaskill Thaisa Stott :eek: (^ = starting)
    Washington: Q Hatch T.Huster^ Wys / OUT Eubanks Farquharson Matthews Pugh Ship Solaun / INTL Aedo Lavelle Ordega Quinn :(
    Somehow, this seems to happen to Washington every year.

2. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT 0-0. I'm distracted by yet another mvb match, NORCECA B19 USA-Cuba.
    We're losing that, too ;):oops:

3. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 0-0. Groom hurt an ankle (but returned), then Banini hurt her ankle tumbling into Freeman(?), Sheridan saved a pk, Groom missed a long chip, and Sky Blue had a few late breakaways called back or shot just wide. And Cuba swept us

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I only watched highlights, but I especially liked Katye Johnson and Shea Groom in Sky Blue. The duo was very dynamic and I guess they would have deserved a goal. It's a shame Sky Blue sadly sit at just two points: ok, they don't have any big star (I don't consider Lloyd a big star), but they don't seem so bad of a team. Ok, their position could also depend on the fact that they've played less matches than most other teams, but let's face it, those they played sucked (not entirely in a game-play perspective, but for sure for what concerns the results).

It looked like Washington only had Banini for them in this game, instead.

The PK was outrageous :mad:: there wasn't even the slightest shade of a foul and it was only karmic justice that it was saved by Sheridan.