NWSL Official game reports

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by ChrisE, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I'm looking for detailed game reports for the Seattle Reign, Boston Breakers, Western New York Flash, Washington Spirit, and FC Kansas City.

While a few teams will post the reports on their websites, the above teams don't seem to do very much, if anything - and the NWSL website is not particularly useful, leaving out a lot of important data.

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere? In particular, I'm looking for referees, goalscorers/assists, lineups with substitutions, etc.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #2 Cliveworshipper, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Those stats are on the NWSL schedule page. Click on the score of the completed games gives you a box score. http://www.nwslsoccer.com/schedules/2014/66489078.html

Here, for example, was the last Seattle-Chicago match box.
    http://www.nwslsoccer.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gp::73928 Elements/Display E 47107 Stats/ 4437534

But I'm not sure why official game reports don't list referees.

Seattle uses YouTube a lot, and several teams get reported in their local papers. Look for internet feeds.

ChrisE repped this.
  3. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Thanks for the response. I would love to use these, but there's a lot of data that they're not including.

You can't determine who assisted a goal (or whether it's primary or secondary), you don't know what time a goal was scored, red/yellow cards, subs are ambiguous if two people are substituted at the same time or someone is subbed on and then off. And, of course, referee and attendance data aren't listed.

Not sure why the NWSL can't do a better job with these - they seem almost identical to the USL game results pages, which (usually) list goal scorers, refs, attendances, misconduct, and even weather.

4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChrisE repped this.
  5. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Oh wow, never thought to look there. That is really quite helpful, thanks a lot!