NWR: Where did you eat last night? [NSR]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by szazzy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WHAT? Gates fries over Bryants? seriously? No way.
    Gates sausage, beans, Bryants fries, and that is the perfect KC bbq meal

2. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you. i've been having this argument with lots of people lately. I LOVE GATES but their fries SUCK frozen dry steak fries are not good people.

3. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aaaaah, it is the annual barbeque argument..... MU and KU are playing very soon too ..:)

4. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i'll be eating gates while i watch beat ku again...crap now i jinxed it:D

5. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fresh out of the fryer, I can agree with you.... But the dry, fluffy texture of Gates' fries is better to dip in the BBQ sauce than the dense chewiness of Bryant's fries.

Now there is nothing better than using re-warmed Bryant's fries in scrambled eggs.

6. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand Oklahoma Joe's actually sprinkles crack on their fries.

You just can't help yourself and you keep coming back.

[​IMG]

Gates & Arthur Bryant's sucks!
    KU & MU both suck! Go Pokes!
    Yellow in the Jersey looks good!
    I like the use of tax payer money to fund sports teams!
    Bush was the best president ever!
    DC fans are loved!
    Beckham is so dreamy!
    Chiefs/Royals are winners!
    All bars that have hosted watch parties did it right!
    Will we get a moat?
    Attendance doesn't have excuses!
    My goals are bigger than your goals!
    People who type "First" really are dorks!
    The Preki trade was the smartest ever!
    Global warming is a naturally occuring event!
    Bruce Arena really can make it through an entire season with a 30+ roster!

What did I miss?

Oh yeah, I ate El Monterey last night (aka my kitchen). Fresh from my microwave oven with a dab of Pace medium for color and texture. Those chicken and cheese taquito beauties just melted so evenly heatedly in my mouth, added with the touch of the refrigerated nature of my Salsa. This added a nice balance to the mild scalding of the roof of my mouth but was delectible none the less.

The offseason can't end soon enough.

7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will admit that both beat the living crap out of the fries (finger chips is the name here) i'm getting these days.
    And fresh fried, hot, is the only way to eat any chips. Fries in scrambled eggs, eh? well, willing to give that a shot, but it smacks of a hamburger on a bun of two glazed donuts...

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they are good, but i wonder what the sodium count is on those things. sometimes, there's more seasoning than potato.

9. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you chop them up into smaller bits, they're almost like country-style hashbrowns.. Not nearly as bad as the other..

10. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've been wanting to try this for a long time now... just for the sheer lunacy of it all. i can't imagine it being a very good combination, though.

11. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A restaurant in Indy used to serve one it was ok, I wouldn't order it regularly but it's worth trying. When I had it we split it between 4 or 5 of us because we were just there to drink and wanted to try it.

12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I assume the interest stems from the old george foreman quote, when he was talking about how wild and off the rails he'd gone, and was asked what the most decadent thing he'd ever done was, and he said ate one a burger like this. Always loved that image.
    BTW, chicken and rice again last night. you know, i have a feeling i'm gonna have to get used to the combo... I actually have a cook, have a suite rented for him next door and we've set up two kitchens on this floor of the hotel floor. but there really aren't many options besides chicken and rice, unless it's goat or lamb and rice. chicken is the better option.

13. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    had the quesadilla burger from Applebee's carside to-go last night. it was interesting to say the least. :eek:

14. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I am a fan of the quesadilla burger. It is definitely interesting, but I like it.

15. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I took my wife to Bristol Seafood in P&L on Saturday.

I wasnt a big fan of what I had because it was too spicy for my taste. But, my wife enjoyed her food and mine as well since she ate my leftovers.

I would go back due to the fact that they actually print a new menu on a daily basis so you will never see the same menu twice. I thought that was cool.

16. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if Jack in the Box is returning to KC? I have seen three commercials in the last two days and it says at the end of the ad that "Jack is Back".

17. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's probably just their new advertising campaign, which could be confusing to markets that don't currently have JITB.

They don't have anything on their current website as far as locations go, but one could be in development around here somewhere. You might want to send an e-mail to Joyce Smith at the Star. She has all the information regarding businesses opening, closing, relocating, etc.

18. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As sabotage said it could be just marketing. The last few commercials I saw for them Jack was in a comma.

19. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be what you are watching, similar to Chik-fil-a before they started building them here. If it was during college sports, it could have been that JITB is a sponsor of what you are watching. I would actually like it if they would get a few of them here, as we could always use some more fast food joints in this town. :D

20. KC SMURF

KC SMURF New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mi Ranchito (Olathe, KS) has great Mexican food! The Jalisco Chimichanga is my favorite there. The manager's name is Jesus and he will turn the TV to ESPN or ESPN2 if a soccer match is on. During the USA v Mexico match he was cheering for USA! ;)

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't toy with me, boy!

what channel were you watching? if it was fsn, i see jack commercials all the time because it's for st. louis.

22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasnt a regional station, they were all on ABC which has city specific advertising.

I've never seen a Jack in the Box commercial in Kansas City and the whole "Jack is Back" at the end of the commercial made me think it was some kind of marketing campaign for Jack in the Box returning to KC. I havent found anything online about it though.

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I almost e-mailed you about it because I knew it would get you excited. Unfortunately, it doesnt look to be anything though.

24. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm also sick of seeing Whataburger commercials during Big XII games. I would like to see one of those here too.

25. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so would kathie, she loves that place