Nutritional Supplements

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Red Card, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    personally I think going after steroid users in pro sports is fine, but legal nutritional supplements is rather dumb. Anything a regular person could buy at GNC legally, shouldnt be banned for athletes...

They should make their mind up on what is illegal and what isnt..

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Personally I think even illegal steriods shouldn't be a problem in professional sports. If these guys want to ruin their lives for a couple of extra yards or a few extra hits, fine by me. Test vigalantly in high school and college, but leave the pros alone. I know that's not a popular opinion, but then again I'm not a popular guy.

5. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm with ya. I want to see an all-steroid Olympics. I'll actually watch the games then (for the first time in 20 years).

6. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think "legalizing" steroids is a popular opinion among sports addicts in the US. The only time it wasn't was when East Germany was winning a lot of Olympic medals at the US's expense. The outcry from the US against what the East Germans were doing has led to the attempts to ban steroids.

The Rio Ferdinand situation hits home and is very important. Even if Rio accidentally forgot, that is not an acceptable excuse. Forgiving forgetfulness would open the door to avoiding tests. I think he will get a serious suspension from the FA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-ferdinand&prov=reuters&type=lgns