Nurnberg v Bayern Munich [R] Pre/Post Match

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Catfish, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the PBP... I would have helped out but was out of the house.

Tough match it sounds like. Defensive blunders and missed chances. Hopefully Shalke fall to Dortmond tomorrow. Stuttgart are only three back, which now sets up a great finale for the 1st term. THAT game had BETTER be on FSW!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    well-unfortunately for the first half I had to rely on the tickers. My home computer does not pick up the webradio very good. So I went into work- for the second half to listen :D

The defensive line had a few close calls against the counter attack it looks like. Bayern had the advantage after the 25 th minute and they could not put the game away. Good for Nurnberg to take the point.

3. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    damn, can't believe it ended up the same result i predicted :(. I'm really surprised with the result from other matches as well, seems a day off for defenders in many teams :p

VfB Stuttgart vs.VfL Bochum 5-2 Final

Bayer Leverkusen vs.VfL Wolfsburg 2-1 Final

Hertha Berlin vs. Moenchengladbach 6-0 Final

Hamburg SV vs.Hannover 96 0-2 Final

SC Freiburg vs.Werder Bremen 0-6 Final

4. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Who else but Owen Hargreaves, Rau is a backup, and please let Demichelis play the CB, bench Kovac from now on

5. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I believe the 1st goal was preventable by Kahn. So why not bench him?

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From what I remember seeing he dove to his left and made a one handed save which popped right up to Mintal's head. Whats worse is that there were several instances where Kovac made horrible mistakes that nearly lead to goals. The man needs to lose his place in the lineup. On the offensive side I think Ze Roberto should return to a starting roll, and Bayern can bring Schweinsteiger on as a second half sub.

7. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Game summary (marks by 'kicker')

Bayern:

------------Pizarro (5)---------Makaay (4)------------------

-----Schweinsteiger (5)----------------Frings (2)-----------

-------------Ballack (2)------------Hargreaves (4)----------

Salihamidzic (4)-----Kovac (3)----Lucio (3)------Sagnol (3,5)

-------------------------Kahn (3)--------------------------

Nuremberg: Schäfer (2), A. Wolf (6), Cantaluppi (3,5), Nikl (3), L. Müller (3,5), S. Müller (4), Larsen (2,5), Mintal (3,5), Banovic (2,5), Vittek (5,5), Schroth (5)

Goals: 1:0 Mintal (23., header, assist Banovic), 1:1 Makaay (26., penalty, A.Wolf), 1:2 Zé Roberto (60., free-kick), 2:2 Banovic (74., penalty, Salihamidzic)

Yellow card: L.Müller, Larse, Ballack, Ze Roberto
    Red-Yellow: A. Wolf
    Red: Salihamidzic

Player of the Game: Schäfer

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Ze Roberto's goal was great. Haven't seen Bayern score a goal from a good free kick in ages.

9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Goalie should have done better.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Ok but still, Bayern currently don't have anyone in the starting line up that is a proven free kick scorer like Scholl in the past.

11. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Bild reported that the penalty kick that lead to the 2:2 was a dive by a Nürnberg player (the player admitted to it).

12. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Interesting... so Salihamidzic has all the reason to appeal. He claimed he never touched the guy... sounds like he was right. Regardless, that is a shame as it would have been nice to keep him for the Stuttgart match.

Perhaps the fix was in... ;) (they keyed in on the one position Magath didn't have an answer for and singled him out for a red... you heard the rumor here first!!!) :)