Nungaray to USA

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Hararea, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Ya worried about losing Valentin, Kitchen, and Gale on defense, who do we replace them with?

The only good news is Salgado will most likely be on the team because he won't be allowed to play with vancouver till September or else we would lose him too.

2. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    At CB, we have Sacir Hot, Sebastien Ibeagha, and Ethan White. If Amobi Okugo is released, he can play and could start there as well. I read on DCU's board that Conor Shanosky has also spent some of the preseason at CB too.

Valentin's versatility is a huge plus. At RB there's Korey Veeder and Kofi Sarkodie, but I think Sarkodie also has a chance to start for Houston. There's also Parker Walsh at Karlsruhe.

3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    The Morelia article says he's an attacking mid who plays on the right side. That makes sense, as from what I've seen he's a good crosser. He also has the frame to get a lot stronger, not your stereotypical under-sized Hispanic kid, needs to become tougher defensively, though.

4. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know anything about Nungary... but if a kid who wasn't that impressive is getting called in that can't be a good thing. We really must be missing a lot of our top players that Rongen wanted.

5. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Not saying he was impressive, but bshredder clearly has something against the guy.

6. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched him at the Milk Cup. He wasn't as good as a bunch of our other players

That being said, I heard he had a good camp last year in San Jose.

But it's alarming when Rongen has to go back to a player he hasn't seen in 6-7 months.

7. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Off-topic, but I can think of one Honduran whose absence might create a bit of a stir.

8. la torre

la torre Member+

Dec 27, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, looking over at the Mexican board Ruban Luna isn't on their roster for qualifying. Not sure if he didn't get released by MLS, or just didn't make the team.

9. soccerdisciple

Mar 8, 2004
    No English? Ernest Nungaray Arce was born and raised in Anaheim California and attended Mar Vista High School. He played at the Milk Cup and the report said in part:

"Rongen chose to switch some things up in his starting lineup against the Danes and get a look at some players he hadn’t seen in the win over China. In starting roles in central midfield, the coach sent on Dillon Powers and Conor Shanosky at the heart of a 4-2-3-1, with Ernest Nungaray pulling the strings in the center of the three man attacking line, flanked by fellow Mexico-trained wingers Omar Salgado and Adrian Ruelas."

Salgado "Mexican-Trained" was draft selected #1 over the entire pool of American college players - including all the ones in the current U20 pool. And there are more coming - like these 3 - from the "Mexican system." Tigres alone has over 10 quality Mexican Americans in their youth ranks - and they all speak English. Mano-a-Mano - lets see who survives from the 30. More important: who starts?

10. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of the players in the U-20 pool either don't play in MLS or were signed from academies, thereby bypassing the draft. Meaning they weren't competition for Salgado being the #1 pick. I think Salgado should definitely be ahead of the college players, and that a better comparison with the Mexican-trained players would be with those who went to Europe or who signed directly from MLS academies.

11. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Forgot about Najar. That would cause a stir.

Then Luna? That would be something the Mex Fed wouldn't be used to I bet. A non Euro power not letting their players go at a whim. Wonder if that could hurt signings in the future.

When I though of non released players I was thinking strictly in Euro terms.

Boy, the times are a changing...aren't they?:eek:

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well, with the ceremonial dumping of Atiba Harris and Jeff Cunningham in the off-season.........Ruben Luna is one of FCD's top forwards. Even with Castillo coming in from Colombia, Ruben's now perhaps 3rd on the depth chart. Dallas wouldn't want to lose him for both qualifying and then eventually the U20WC.

I've seen Ruben a couple of times in pre-season. He's looking REALLY good. For my money, he'll be this year's breakout homegrown star in MLS (this year's Andy Najar). I have my fingers crossed that Mexico doesn't use him in the U20WCQ or WC, and that he eventually becomes a US citizen. I don't know exactly where he is in the process........but I remember an FCD insider telling me it shouldn't be as long as Najar. (I have no idea if he actually knew what he was talking about.)

Unfortunately Mexican scouts hover around FCD like a rash. They're paying close attention to him.

13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Perhaps we should offer him some Cam Newton type inducement.:p

In all seriousness, I wonder if, and certainly hope, the increased Mexican-American presence on the Burn results in bigger home crowds.

14. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know hes been called to camp but Luna hasn't played in a official comp for Mexico has he?

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas denying Mexico? That would be gorgeous.

I don't think he has.

16. #Kike Puma#

#Kike Puma# New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Cd. Victoria, Tam.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol there are a lot of more players in MExico better than this dude ._. jajaja you are welcome to keept it, the only fact that you called him is because he plays in MExico ._. (no ofense)

17. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please don't come into our forum acting like you know what you're talking about. Some Mexican posters do, and you're not one of them.

18. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Looks like Nungaray scored again today.

19. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Is he starting on his team in mexico?

20. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    He's one of the youngest starters for Morelia's reserve team, which they call U-20 even though older players do play.

To confirm, he did score in the first minute today, helping his team out of the gate towards a 2-1 win.

21. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude you really have to settle down.

You are becoming really annoying starting non-sensical threads and asking questions you can easily find the answer to.

I know you're new here.. but just relax