Numbers/Fax Times

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Loman

Loman New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    CT, USA
    918X

Applied for 2 tickets to Czech Rep. and Ghana. On the 9:43 fedex truck.

2. chrisrun

chrisrun Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure is looking like the FedEx applications received on Tuesday started with #8000. There is no way they received 7000 applications via fax on Monday. It's looking like the fax orders were maybe spread out via hour or some other method. Based on the number grouping we have seen, I would be suprised if they received 600 applications via fax that first day. And of those that are "ahead", we don't know how they will actually allocate the tickets. Just because you are asking for tickets to three games doesn't mean that you will get them all.

Bottom line, they got my FedEx (conf # 90xx), and now I'll just wait and see if I get tickets. I'm not 100% sure I'll get some, but I'm not thinking that I am totally screwed either.

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would those of you in the following category please PM me with your conf. # and the # of tickets you applied for

Thanks to abw we may have this thing figured out...

# 82xx sent via FedEx, arrived at 7:09am Tuesday
    # 82xx sent via FedEx, arrived at 9:43am Tuesday
    # 83xx sent via Fedex, arrived at 7:09am Tuesday
    # 83xx sent via FedEx, arrived at 9:43am Tuesday
    # 83xx sent via FedEx, arrived at 9:43am Tuesday
    # 83xx sent via Fedex, arrived at 9:42am Tuesday

4. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is anybody out there with a confirmation number higher than 8221 and lower than 8232, please PM me and tell me how many tickets you bought.

... although I bet I could tell you first...

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    care to share?

6. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok here's what I got...

"User A" PMed me and told me that if my theory were correct, my number would be 103x.

Well, it was.

He took his confirmation #, added the number of tickets he requested, and he got the # before mine

User C had a conf number of 822x. They requested 6 tickets.
    User E had a confirmation number 13 higher than User C (they applied for 6 tickets, but thats not important)

That only leaves room for User D to have applied for 6 tickets - a very common application #.

That way we have User C + User D + User E = 18 tickets.

I already know that User C and User E = 12 tickets

User C + User E = 18 - User D
    12 = 18 - User D

User D = 6 tickets.

Fits perfectly in between them.

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    So it's exactly as we thought earlier.. it's total ticket quantity requested counting from 1000?

8. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dag. If you applied this much energy to something constructive we'd have solved the energy crisis, fixed global warming, won peace in the Middle East and figured out where the other sock goes during the laundry process. I admire your diligence but it won't change what will or won't happen.

9. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its total ticket quantity. That is pretty much defined now.

Whether it comes from 1000 was my other theory, which makes more sense.

(No way that 1000 tickets were ordered - 250 faxes - in the 25 minutes between noon and when my fax went through)

10. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should've seen me a year ago November... :(

11. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it makes sense. but what about the random variances?

12. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Methinks we just don't have enough data....

The two of us in the 1000s both had 0 in teh 2nd digit, and it applied.

The 4-5 people I used were in the 8200s and 8300s

13. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless....those 1000 other tickets are for "Friends of US Soccer", sponsors, and VIPs.

14. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    My theory is that the Fed is starting from a "base" - a number of tickets already allocated (internally? big donors? players?).

What is interesting is that BigSoccer posters' orders are arriving almost in order.

I also think that they are building in blocks of open numbers that fit between sequential orders - perhaps for filling in FedExs, letters?

15. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    It's also worth reiterating that the tickets are total tickets ordered - not by game. So that can include Round of 16 and even the final.

16. rickinva

rickinva Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    That would certainly seem plausible. Save 1,000 tickets for the big shots, and let the rest line up for everything after that.

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    which again skews where you actually stand from a looking just at a high number standpoint.

18. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you take the above, consider that your "worst-case" scenario... i.e. if all the tickets were for the first round.

I arbitrarily chose 75% as the actual first round tickets when I was discussing it with someone- but thats just a guesstimate.

19. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palermo, other than #s 1-1000, have you found any significant gaps? Also, have you found many people who have higher numbers for the 2nd digit? Your theory might be true to an extent, but that doesn't mean that confirmation #8227 means that is the 8,227th ticket ordered. It could be the 5,649th.

20. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    I still don't think that the number is indicative of a person ultimate place in line. If that were the case, then I wouldn't be stuck with 91XX (my fedex came in at 7:09am) when others thatn came in at 9:30am (or so) have numbers in the 8000s. I still think there is some variation based on when the orders were processed, and the ultimate order will be provided in another way (it better be, or I'll be pissed if the later Fedexers get a higher seed than me...)

I also think that there were large blocks of numbers that went unused throughout--so there could be large gaps between numbers.

So although it can give us a general feeling of when people are placed in line, it doesn't really tell us much of anything, since we don't know how many blank gaps there are throughout the numbering process.

21. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other thread they mentioned that at least 6 people have been listed both alphabetically by last name and by ticket number in the Fedexed packages.

Seems very logical - how else would they separate all those Fedexes?

Wizhawk - I dont have enough numbers to see a gap... the only thing a gap would tell me would be the number of tickets bought...

Such as finding a couple of gaps of 3. Well there's 3 first round games... or if the gap is 6, and the two people around them bought 6 tickets, 6 fits very logically. Or two people ordering 3....

Even if there was a gap, I wouldnt have every person's information and would have to assume somebody in Wyoming placed a ticket order for that many.

22. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    IMO it's first processed first serve. Meaning if you overnighted you just have to hope you were at the top of the pile and different deliveries were kept seperate and marked properly by when they arrived which I have my doubts. Or alphabetical mattered.

23. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    With regard to names and numbers for Fedexed packages, my ticket number and name generally fits with this model as well.

24. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    No one has explained why the second and third digits of the sequence are always so low. Often zero and always below 4 or 5.

25. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not enough data