NSR World Cup discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #26 Emperor Adriano, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    How's it even a debate? That is a foul. Not seeing what planet it isn't. ref missed it. Fonte was pretty good besides for Costa's great goal. Well, German Cbs are given more "wiggle" room then Pepe you should remember what happened in his last wc appearance against Germany. It's easy for the German fan to tell people to be more physical when your team is rarely the target of red cards and when you have a pristine reputation like good ol germany has it helps. Refs target Pepe. I don't think 1 game against Spain means shiit. De Gea made a huge mistake, does that mean patricio is better than him? Portugal looked good today and that cb crew wasn't the main issue , cedric struggled and moutinho wasn't clearing shiit. . and Fonte isn't regarded like a Boateng or Hummels but it doesn't matter guy can play. Still feeling good about the portugal pick and pepe/fonte/ carvalho > Boateng Hummels/ Khedira. Fernando will get this figured out. I watched the full 90 and liked what I saw, same with the Uruguay match.

Also at what point do we tip our fedora to spain?? Nacho's strike, Costa going off, the team working around Iniesta lol. It was a great match.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #27 Emperor Adriano, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    And I agree with Matthaus, I honestly was thinking the same thing about Ronaldo at half. He is the best player of our generation. It has been decided for a year and a half but sometimes you think clutch/ miraculous performances like this would help but the cognitive dissonance is too strong with the Messi fan boys. I'd like to read some of the pro messi drivel if anyone sees it on big soccer today.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and watching with stu holden doesn't make watching the game easy holy cow. guy is pathetic, i'm sure we'll be getting served with a woman soon..

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was a Messi guy originally, Ronaldo converted me though. The tipping point was the 2016 euros. Ronaldo has demonstrated the ability to singlehandedly carry an attack with Portugal while Messi fades into the background for Argentina. At that point I couldn't deny it anymore.
    Pepe gets a bad rep with the refs but he brought that on himself with his play earlier on in his career. At this point it's just part of the package with him. I agree that this match was high level but I can't agree that Fonte and Pepe are better than Boateng and Hummels. If we're just at an impasse there fine.
    All commentary just sort of feels like white noise to me. I don't really distinguish.

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Peru looks fun to watch.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Peru playing like it's a due or die WCQ in Lima. I love it.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cueva! That miss is gonna haunt him.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wonder if Peru can keep up the momentum. Also wonder if Guerrero will be called upon in the 2nd half.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Harsh loss for Peru damn man.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly. Hard team not to root for.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler over Reus?. Really, Löw?

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You think he's trying to get too cute?

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw, like a lot of international managers, has "his guys". Löw's guys are Özil and Draxler, as opposed to Marco or Sanè. It's not the choice I would make. Marco is key for us in this WC IMO.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    post the line-up. I have this weird feeling that Mexico is going to give Germany a run for their money today.

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I get that feeling before every Germany tourney match.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Emperor Adriano I owe you an apology. This is an unacceptable performance.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn’t overreact yet, but I can see why you’d be concerned.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My panic level is at, like, a 6 right now. It's concerning how little protection Sami and Kroos offered in this 4-2-3-1 system Löw went with. If Khedira isn't going to protect the backline at all, then he needs to go and we need to go with Rudy. We also should probably drop Özil, switch to a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and get more bodies in the centre of the pitch. That aside, Löw also needs to stop being cute with his boy Draxler and start Reus.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha just one game but after watching the game what I was saying about kimmich and khedira covering him was right , also he was really the only dangerous piece. Boateng was outstanding but should have been yellowed. Ozil didn't help kroos or khedira at all , why didn't we seen him chasing back on the ten counter attacks in the first half ? Werner was underwhelming and he's the guy I thought he was , still only one game but he did jack. Then Mario comes in and misses a pretty clear cut header. About ozil , he gave so little help to kroos we saw boateng have to push up countless times to distribute , even in the first half. Counter attack was open all day , that was my thesis going into the cup , still only one game but we'll see how it goes. A team with a luxury player would have had 2-4 goals in that first half , Mexico was kind of pathetic on the break too.

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil was pretty meh against Switzerland. Right side needs to be tweaked , hopefully tite looks at that before Costa Rica. Maybe I'm biased against William but guy just isn't playing well. Danilo is overrated too. I'm sure I'm going to go into the seleção thread and read shiit about the midfield and tactics , but Brazil lost due to the mental mistake. No brazilian manager changes tactics in game , they just change players and pray lol.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Draxler at least ran his ass back and took on people unlike ozil. Reus could easily be a fitness concern. That's one thing we highlighted , he needs to be great for them to be successful.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not worried about seleção at all even with that performance. It is concerning drawing a team with no luxury piece unless you are on drug and say shaqiri is. That young black cb that Dortmund signed was balling . Still thought Jesus should have got that penalty.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @Mengão86 smh at the Miranda non foul call reaction on big soccer and the general lack of respect for Switzerland on there. They think it's Barca x getafe tier competition.

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Reus is not fit enough to play, then he should have been cut and we should've brought Sanè instead. That whole match felt like just a cacophony of mistakes compounding each other. I don't anticipate us going out in the group stages, but it's entirely possible given how terrible we were. Every single problem you saw before the tournament materialized in spdes and now we see if we have adjustments in our back pocket. I still believe firmly it's not a talent problem; it's tactics and attitude.

25. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

So much for their athleticism. Both run ragged by Lozano and Chicharito (of all people).

If Tecatito started, might have been bad for Germany.