[NSR] Tommy Williams gone

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Sep 15, 2002.

1. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a huge fan of "TDUB", but I don't know how the rest of you feel about him. I really enjoy his overnight show on the Score. His last show will be Thursday. The Score, after shuffling the lineup will replace him with syndicated programming.

The only change that I'm happy about will be J-Hood and Lawrence Holmes together.

This station will be dead in a month or 2. I just don't get it.

2. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    I enjoyed TDub, but I wouldn't have been able to hear his show since I now start later. You have to realize, this is the same station that fired Les Grobstein and still has Terry Boars on the air waves... This is simply a cost cutting move.

3. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grobstein got fired for giving away his press credentials.

4. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    That was the reason the reason they used. The real reason was his contract expired in two weeks, and they didn't want to pay him.

5. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Why? So they can talk about wrestling? Actually I hope they do. I like J-Hood a lot and J Holmes is good enough. Anyway its pretty obvious the problem is who's on the air when the sun is up and not when the sun goes down.

6. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    We need 24 hours of Huebner and soccer talk! Well, maybe an hour or two of Bernstein to wax poetic about Waffle House and Caliente!

7. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear Jack Edwards is looking for a gig. All Jack -- all day, all night. Imagine it now!

8. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: [NSR] Tommy Williams gone

Yeah, North sucks.

9. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    WTF, they fired TDUB. I heard the show last night at 4am. He said nothing about this. F uc kers down at 670 did fire Les grobstein, thats what I thought. I used to listen to Grobstein even though he loves baseball and I hate baseball. Is TDUB really gone??

10. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight is his last show. I'll bet you Premium Membership.

11. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    There have been a few times the last couple of weeks where I've gotten up at 5 and they cut TDub's show for some "stocks and jocks". Whatever, I changed it so I wake up to AM1000. That show made me late for work because I slept through it. I woke up at 4:50 today, and they did the same thing.

This is just a cost cutting move. Ratings don't matter between 12-6. So, why pay someone, especially someone as high profile as Grobstein, to do an overnight show?

12. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As far as betting, that's the devil's work. Can we complain or something, someone got to stop this maddness.

13. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    I don't think complaining will do anything. The Score is doing this for one reason, because they can. I've been complaining for years that Terry Boars is on the radio. It hasn't helped too much.

14. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I heard his show friday at 4:00 a.m. and he sounded like his show was going to get canceled.