NSR/Off-Topic [8]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to do Varsity Cross Country and Long Distance Track

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I missed such a chance to score in my game today!

I was running towards goals, calling for the ball.
    The ball was passed behind me, with a defender on my shoulder, so I stretched out my foot, dragged the ball back between the defender's legs, outmuscled him....got to the edge of the box, shot and blasted it a half a metre over the crossbar!:eek:

3. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I obliterated a break away yesterday... I was focusing too much on things around me, and one of my teammates saying 'relax relax'.. I relaxed too much, which isn't like me on breakaways.. because I do everything at speed and I slowed down to almost a walk (no defenders were near me).. and I'm not going to tell the end of this story.

On a good note, my coach was totally about to kill me.. but he was more pissed at our other forward, because she didn't run up with me.. my angle was great, but not as perfect as it would have been to just play it to her 6 feet away for the easiest goal of the year.

On a better note, I had already scored one, and I went ahead and scored another and assisted one, so I wasn't in so much trouble after the game. Whew.

4. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah well my teammate and I ran up on a break away and he ended up cutting the ball back between the goals and me and it went out for a goal kick...I couldn't believe it!:p

I got hit in the head today in the match, and then in the second half I got kicked in the temple as I slide tackled a player and got up...I fell back down and the paramedics and al came on and checked my eyes and everything. Then I was called over again after the game because 'I got hit in the head hard more then once.':p

5. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In the past week, I've taken 3 balls in my face. One I think was karma, because in the JV game we were watching, one of their players got nailed in the face and fell over, and I laughed.. so in our game, the defender cleared it (I was 20 yards out) into my face, and it went out for a goalkick.. lol. Then I got one at practice on Wednesday I think it was, and got a bloody nose...

The past fall season, in our first game of the regular season, the defense passed back to their keep so I ran to pressure, and she was just coming to clear it, and I jumped, so in mid air, I got nailed in the side of the head, which propelled me straight back into the ground... this one went over the cross bar from about 20 as well.. I hate that I can get hit like that and it will never go in the goal :(

6. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [youtube]EinYUBSKlIk[/youtube]

7. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lmao.. that clip is in the 'always look on the bright side of life' vid... there's a few in there where refs get hit as well... I would've liked to sock the CR in our game last night.

First, plain and simple, he was a complete moron.

Second. Other team had a free kick in their half of the field, so I was backing up to front the ball. Ref says "back up 11 (me)," so I am looking at him, backing up waiting for him to tell me when I'm good to go (because uh most refs normally say "alright that's good, alright that's 10".) So I keep looking at him and take a step like once a second. He says "You better back up or I'm going to card you." Powertrip moron.

Second, the team we were playing played an offside trap (which is retarded, and obviously hasn't worked, since they have only won 1 game this year, against the worst team in our conference), but yet they still do it.. it works a few times, but after 10 min in, you're basically screwed cause the other team will know how to get around it.

Anyway, this idiot was calling the offside about 10 seconds after homie AR put his flag up... aka late. I ran onto a ball, and cranked it (wide) just as he blew his whistle because I was apparently offside. He then ran up to me and said "You can't shoot the ball after I blew my whistle." to which I replied "I was already midshot when you blew it, you can't just stop on a tee like that." "No, you weren't, I watched you all the way up, you could have kicked it and hit someone, which would have started a fight or something." (WTF???)

Hey assclown, if you had watched me all the way up, why the f*#& didn't you blow your whistle sooner? I play to the whistle, I don't sit and knit sweaters and wait for the AR to raise his flag. ******.

Ok, I feel better getting that off my chest now.

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've done that and been benched a 100 times I hate when that happens you just wanna smack the ref badly :D

One game I played last year it was a cold day and the ref is like alright I won't call offsides since its really cold and I can't run and you could tell he's a smoker and man that game was aweful!

9. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh, def forgot one. First 5 minutes of the game, I am clearly 5 yards in the box w/ the ball and the defender (who is actually one of my good friends) hacks my ankle and I go down.. free kick outside the box. My coach was pissssssssed.

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they are blokes half of them I don't understand how they even get to ref these gams :rolleyes:

11. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    sooo my friends took me to happy hour at applebee's today. 5 pm, I had 3 pints, and we got back to school and went out on a canoe and boated around the school lake, drinking. and now I'm about to play some Fifa and go to a party.. haha, so much for studying tonight. :rolleyes:

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I got back from my match today, but I still have to play another one in an hour.

Anyways, these two guys asked me after the match if I play for Ajax Cape Town - so I asked why they said that, and they said that a friend of theirs said I play for them and seemed possible after watching me!:p *bragging*

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Man U come back from 2-0 down to beat Everton 4-2, Chelsea go behind and blow a 2-1 lead to draw 2-2 with Bolton.

So basically we're gonna hand Man U the title next weekend!! :D

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    As well you should! After coming back from 1 down to win against Man U u owe the league!
    Roon was terrible, so how on earth he took the goal that well....
    Again, Van Der Saar is always going to let more in when u break the seal in a game, terrible positioning for fernandez's strike.
    Cristi shoulda had a couple, Roon didn't dare win pens when he easily coulda, gota admire a bit of class against his boyhood club (kissing the badge in fornt of em aside!)
    So thats Drogs the top scorer in the prem then, had hoped Cristi could notch a few but with the way things stand, I'd be surprised to see him much more in the prem this year, if goon do sort the title, be VERY intriguing to see what sorta Man U side goes to stamford bridge given the impending FA cup final and perhaps even CL final....

Big Sam is getting "a hug and a kiss, maybe 2 kisses" from Sir Alec, THATS NOT HOT!!!

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be a Gooner fan for that time I have a few times in the past years since I do have a soft spot for you :p

16. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So we had a small training session this morning, and I stayed after to watch my coach and a teammate play the 'creative passing game', because I wanted a rematch of the I'mnotsurethenameofit game.

Yesterday we played it after practice, and I got to the final round against my coach.. basically you have to be in pushup position facing the other person in pushup position, and you have to knock their arms out from under them and make them fall.. naturally I got my butt kicked yesterday.

So I challeneged him again today.. bad idea, but I did fair better than I did yesterday.. but he is absolutely impossible to get down.

Added to my list of goals: beat Jeff (my coach) in that game before I graduate. :)

OMG Berbatov just scored the sweetest goal. Holy nuts.

17. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JUst came back from our final match of the day...I have 3 points:

1) I had 2 beautiful assists, and my friend scored a hattrick of beautiful goals!

2) I had the ball played long to me from far inside our own half...I made a run through the centre and the ball came over my back and I controlled 'holyshit!'with my right foot. I'm telling you...it just plopped down onto the surface dead...unfortunately my second touch was too hard (Probably because I was going to cry at the beauty of what I had just done!) and the keeper just beat me to it.

3) So it was 3-3 with one minute to go and we won a free kick a few yards outside the box. I saw the far post was a great option...so I bent it hard around the wall...and it hit the keeper so hard that he dropped it over the line. We were celebrating like mad and the keeper was lying there with his head in his hands with the ball sitting next to him. Next thing we know....the ref says play on - he couldn't see if it had crossed the line!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel SOOO robbed it is a joke!

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

HARSH! That's the most annoying thing man. You can tell a lot by the players' reactions and if the ref had any common sense he would've given the goal on the basis of the goalie's reaction.

Slightly OT, but I watched Sunderland - Burnley in the pub. Great game!

19. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    have any of you ever been challenged to Fifa before?

my one friend kept saying, "I'll kill you with Mexico, come on. Mexico!" so I haaaad to take the challenge of FIFA World Cup. I picked France, have to stay true to my favorite player Zizou. I won 4-0. So he complained that Mexico sucks, and he took Italy. I didn't realize it was halftime when the whistle blew because it was 4-0 already. Ended up 7-0, so he was the a-hole the rest of the night. I almost felt bad. :D

20. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    SH!t dude, I am so irritated it is a joke. It was all set up...I score the winner in the last minute and it gets taken away! I'm captain, so when the ref blew the whistle I shouted, "Well done boys, 4-3 win to us, 4-3 win!"

As for the Sunderland-Burnley game - it was amazing! Did you see the footage of the fan who couldn't watch Connoly's 2nd penalty? Was well funny!:p

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah! Edwards goal was brilliant, just shaded Burnley's 2nd. I think the distance he ran to get there makes his the better one though.

Yesterday I think me and my team-mate from football had THE BEST EVER GAME on Pro Evo. I was Barcelona, he was Middlesbrough (he always beats me with them normally). I got 4 penalties, missed 2, scored 2, took the lead FIVE TIMES in normal time, but the game finished 5-5. An injury time extra-time belter from Puyol sealed it - got the ball in the centre circle, ran at full pelt and caned it in the bottom corner! 6-5, amazing!

I'll add both teams finished the game with 8 men as well..

22. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    haha, love those kind of games. on Fifa, that would probably mean at least 2 people got hurt as well from the Red carded tackles.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does anyone else love how when Alex Ferguson celebrates a United goal he jumps around like an awkward kid? I also loved when he ran on the pitch to hug Ronaldo and Carrick and did a little gay jump! haha! bless him.

Infact which manager do you think has the best goal scoring celebration?!

appleCORR

24. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing lucky about it!

I didn't watch the game again. I was like, im seriously Jinxing them!! We were 1-0 down last time i looked and then i was blown away at full time when i saw we'd won 4-2 get in there!!!

appleCORR