NSR/Off-Topic [8]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol

forza meeelan

hope u do the double over chavs though

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Very polite. Well done :)

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I went to practice last night in a AC Milan shirt - unsurprisingly, I got more than a few reactions.:p

I captained my school team today. Unfortunately we lost 2-1, BUT I pulled off the sickest move down the line. The ball came to me as I was on the line, and I instantly flicked it (I did that move of C.Ronaldo's where you flick it quickly at a 90 degree angle behind your leg) on the outside of the man running towards me, while I ran the other side of him...I then gathered the ball and sent in a pinpoint cross...which was wasted. The friends of the guy I skilled went beserk...I was quite impressed myself.:D

4. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

That'd be a CRUYFF turn, adapted sure, but still, as much as Cristi is the worlds sexiest footballer, thats Johan's move!!! Still, u a young'un and prolly only ever heard of some Jordi chump....

The early goal last night was the wrost thing that coulda happened. Did well to bring it round, but I fear tbm's dream of a 1-0 meelan win.
    At least with Roon's winner they have to TRY to score, them playing ouyr for a draw woulda been ominous....
    Saying that, if Man U get the mindset to try and hold out, with the defence falling apart as it is, well they'd be better off having never scored at all last night...

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    gonna watch the chavs lose tonight

i hope the scouse fookin do em

i love hearing mourinho whine

6. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh no no no, I sure as hell know who Cruyff is, and what a Cruyff turn is!:p I can only explain it as a scissor movement of the two legs...I'm just not sure what its called.

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

You on about where he backheels it from behind him at a 90 degree angle?

EDIT: It's not this one, but if ANYONE tried that on me i'd kick them as well!! Video

8. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its on about 7 seconds in this video

[youtube]31prUusENcM[/youtube]

Bigg, I do that trick that you just had a link for almost every time I play footy at lunchtime...In a match...Never!

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah that's the one I thought it was. I've done that a few times this season - you won't believe how many people think it's like, supremely difficult because C.Ron does it!

10. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, its really easy and effective...but that was just the base of my trick! C.Ronaldo would have been jealous! It was completely unplanned...I've never tried anything like it before.

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well I don't think you can go into a game "planning" to do a skill because you will ******** it up - it always works best when its spontaneous.

By the way, remember before Man U v Liverpool he had a new skill he had been working on? What the hell happened to it because he never did it!

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I do remember that - so much for it.:rolleyes: I can't help but wonder what it may have been though...and then I realise I couldn't care less!

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question should I go and do some track and field till my season starts up? :D

The coach or w/e for the school team said I should try out :eek: :eek:

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    er,. exactly what I meant, exactly a cruyff motion except less disguise!

as for the skill that was supposed to be premiered Vs Liverpool, taht'd be the stepover where he hangs the leg, then from his standing foot plays the ball against the hovering leg whilst still in the air, the one he did against joey barton only barton was too slow to fall for the fake, so actuially went the correct way and just kicked cristi...

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Anyone see A-Hole just get mugged off by Stevie G? Hahaha

16. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

depends how motivated you are during the offseason to stay fit. I always ran track as long as I wasn't recovering from injuries. My coach used to preach that we were all out there not to stay fit for other sports, but to compete on the track. and then later he would turn to me and say, "I know you're just out here for soccer- dont't worry about it." and would do whatever was needed to make sure I never got injured.

17. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats the thing I just don't know but the track would help me cause we do a crap load of sprinting once the season starts I just have to sort my ankle and a pain in my foot but 1 hour or so of running is not a big deal. Hey the thing is I want to compete but this year I doubt it but just to get back to fitness and all is a great thing! I gotta talk wit the guy incharge and see.

What distance do you run?

18. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spontaneous tricks are amazing... earlier in our school season, I was running down the flank trying to beat a player, and I donno wtf but I pulled a meg out of my ass.. I wasn't even thinking about doing it, but I just took a quick touch with my left and my next step was through her legs.

Too bad that was probably a once in a life time show. :p

19. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe or if your a JV player like me and make a fool of a Varsity player by getting him to go the wrong way with a cut back :D

20. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

I ran the 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m.

400 was my favorite, and I would've been one of the top guys on the team if I didn't miss a season and a half, or if we didn't have a kid that ran 48 seconds in it. I hit 52 seconds, so if I had those other season, I probably would've been in at 50 or maybe under.

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

When I was in school I did the 100m and triple jump. Got on the podium every year near enough, but we did have a lot of athletes! A few of our school team players have gone on to play football at high levels.

22. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm one of the fastest and fittest people I know - but I'm not a racing sorta guy. I get too nervous for some reason...although I came 4th in my school in a cross-country race, which took place 2 months after I had finished my seasn and wasn't doing any sport.

Devil, if you ankle isn't right yet, then you'll only make it worse. If you can do it, try, because being fit in the beginning of the season will make you stand out.

23. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I'm not going to rush it I still have to talk with the coach just to get an idea of how its run cause my grades are pretty and I don't wanna mess up but same here not the biggest race guy but I know I can run fast.

My ankle is feeling decent for some reason it anoys me especially on uneven surfaces or when I move my foot it kinda rolls not a good thing :(

24. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I hate going to the meets, especially during winter track where they'd last for 6 hours at least. I was just there to workout, and my coach understood that. I only went to the long meets that I was really needed at.

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta get in touch with him but yeah to work out and maybe go to a event once in a while why not I'm not after glory just to keep my physical side in tip top shape which I'm trying to do after being lazy for a while :D