NSR/Off Topic #5

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by nsa, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Found this on SkySports:

"Many Arsenal supporters would maintain that giving Thierry Henry the captain's armband has not been a successful move but his temporary stand-in, Gilberto Silva, seems to be relishing the added responsibility. The Brazilian has scored three times in Arsenal's last four Premiership matches and now has five league goals for the season, just one short of his total for the previous four campaigns he has spent in the top-flight."

2. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can't WAIT until Christmas! Today is finally my last day of school, and besides for two tests, it should be alright.

So so so excited!

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    id rather silva was the captain when henry played

4. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    But IMO the armband is one of the things which probably helped keep Henry at Arsenal.

And you probably shouldn't strip someone of captaincy because he had been injured and someone else is playing well. That's just not 'gentleman' conduct.

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well alot of fans would rather have Gilberto as captain but Henry is never gonna be stripped of the captaincy and I wouldn't even want to imagine what he would play like if he was! I think its sad that him being captain was one of the reasons he stayed but what do us fans know anyway?

6. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It has taken Gilberto to another level being skipper, but there's no point in talking about him keeping it as it will never happen. Hopefully seeing Gilberto outdo him as skipper will kick Henry's arse into action and he will start playing like a captain as opposed to a spoilt brat!

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I got this shirt in the beginning of the year and this is Theo Walcott during the WC...I never even wear the shirt because i don't really like it!:p

[​IMG]

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...and you've played alot more footy since u got ur shirt!

9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haha, took me a while to get that!

Well I wouldn't mind playing less if I had a gf like his...she obviously isn't rediculously hot:p

[​IMG]

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow, shes average

i thought hed nbe on a super milf by now

11. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ^^^Was that supposed to be sarcastic?:confused:

Oh, y'know the other day i was complaining about my shooting...well yesterday i figured out that unlike my free kicks, I mustn't focus on the spot on the ball i want to hit but actually rather the top of the ball. Now I've been doing that and I've been hitting rockets that have stayed down nice and low, yes!:D

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The one mistake people make when shooting is when they take there eye off the ball and lean back.

Its all eyes on the ball, keep your knee over the ball and follow through!

I wanted to play today but the weather is CRAP and the pitches are like bogs. Ohh i did manage to pull one of the Nike Tiempo balls out of the river last weekend though. Its the expensive one with the crowns on too!

But why do sunday league players have to blow the ball up like a rock?! I would not want to head that ball. I loosed some air out of it.

appleCORR

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea really we have this adidas ball with the CL stars on thats like a rock and only gets worse the colder it gets. I often sneak air outta the balls b4 KO! Luckily this season we got a couple of more expensive balls that are still playable in this temp....
    That reminds me of my 3 favourite balls I've ever "owned", all found in the ditch by my childhood pitch, including the super-retro adidas tango sz 4 I found last summer when we went there for a kick about!
    Oh and never look at the ball, always look at the keeper when shooting. Sure, u'll swing and miss a whole bunch, but it's all worth it for the one time u pull it off!!!

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've found loads in the river the past few weeks i think they need shooting practice! haha! :D

appleCORR

15. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LMAO

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Case or you'll make it right into his hands a few memories I wish I'd have forgetten :eek:

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    when i was a kid i was the only one whod head the ball in the winter

even those platic shite balls that hurt when u kick them anyway

i think it may have messed my head up

18. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haha, thinking of heading the ball always brings back odd memories for me. I remember the one match when I went sprinting in for a header and got the ball straight on the ear...it felt so bad and I kept on checking if it was bleeding. I mean honestly, when last did you see a person's ear from heading the ball with it!:p

19. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone know of a US based mobile brocasting service like espn's soccernet mobile that is available in just europe. i got a new smartphone (motorola Q) and i can't find anything for the states.

20. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had a buddy get wrecked from a header. he and a MASSIVE defender went up for it and they both flung their heads forward and collided nose to nose. it was a bloody mess. from then on i kind of back down from headers unless i know im clear.

21. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hold on a moment, this isn't fair! Alot of you people get to celebrate Christmas before me because of the timezones...thats not fair!:D

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    xmas is over rated

buying gifts for people i dont like eg the family

23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I prefer buying stuff for people then getting stuff...sadly I think I just enjoy the idea of buying. Unfortunately I haven't been doing much shopping for my family this year...every time a family member has bought something for themselves I have taken the packet and wrapped it up:p

Well, here I am with my Christmas present (Arsenal shirt) in the year 2003...wow I'm small!

[​IMG]

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small alright ;)

Btw that shirt had some plastic on it or is it just plain color it always looked strange.

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    how tall are u littleun?