NSR/Off Topic #5

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by nsa, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I can't stand most chefs. I like Gordon Ramsay for 2 reasons - 1, I ate at his restaurant and it was awesome, and 2, he swears as much as I do! I can acknowledge Jamie Oliver's crusade against shite school dinners, and also accept his range at Sainsbury's, but apart from that, meh.

Most Ipswich fans must rip it out of Delia "COME ON! LET'S BE HAVING YOU!!" Smith lol.

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I had just watched Ramsay before that. I think he's a bit of a tosser, but I think thats what he wants his image to be...its not as if i can say just by waching his programmes. He also seems obsessed with getting that next Michelin star So you went to his restaurant, where, what was it like?

I don't really like the sorta food Jamie Oliver cooks but he adds some great energy to his programmes so they get my attention.

Ainsley is pretty weird but I'll forgive him 'cause of the way he carries on about Arsenal.

Myself, I prefer baking, I don't like working around hot stoves and with oil and all. Infact I made some great mince pies yesterday!:D

Just went to the bottle store earlier to stock up the cabinet for Christmas and WOW, do you find alot of strange people there!:p

Infact for you elders...whats your fav drinks or beers?

I love Millers, they're THE best imo!

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I quite like Fosters with Lime Cordial at the moment. Has a nice zip to it. I have been known to drink every beer apart from that, at a work Christmas party a couple of years ago me and a friend had every drink behind the bar. That was a drunk night. I do quite like some spirits, Southern Comfort with Lime and Lemonade is my preference under that column!

I went to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay a little while ago (3 Michelin stars :D) with my cousin for lunch. It was three courses for £40! I didn't pay though so I scoffed. Despite what appeared to be small portion sizes I was very full at the end! I would go again, if I had the money lol

4. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not tried those. I had a Grolsch beer with my lunch today and it was pretty cr@p compared to Millers...too bitter. I then put the other in the freezer to cool it down while I kicked the ball outside. Turns out that for 'some reason' I didn't kick so well and carried on for 3 hours until I went back inside and later realised the bloody thing had frozen and the cap had popped! That was like a quid I just lost!:D

Got some sorta cherry beer aswell...ended up buying two bottles and found out it was damn pricey.

Buy of the day has to be 24 bottles of Millers and a bottle of Absolute Vanilla.

What was the theme and ambience of Ramsay's restaurant and the food? 40 quid for a 3 course meal at a 'famous' place ain't too bad though. I went to one of the most highly rated restaurants in SA (SA has alot of the most highly rated restaurants believe it or not) and it was pretty rubbish! The food was rubbish and tried to have 'well defined and strong flavours' but in actual fact was just bad! Bloody waste of money that was!:rolleyes:

5. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gordon Ramsay = amazing.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow, nigella lawson is a super milf

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't care what some1 looks like, if they irritate me as much as she does I'm outta there!
    If she talks about food like that can you imagine...nah nevermind, I feel sick already!:eek:

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It was quite subtle actually, there was a piano in one corner so I assume they have entertainment in the evening. Thing was, my cousin was in his Forest (that's where he was at the time) tracksuit having finished training, and I was in my training tracksuit as well and everybody else was suited and booted! Was quite embarassing. But the starter was the obvious salmon, but it was wrapped around somethin or other and was nice (im not a big salmon fan). There was glazed duck (which tasted amazing, like it had been marinaded for YEARS lol) for main course, and a tarte (loving the "e") for dessert. We went when it first opened, and it was really good, it didn't have any recognition at the time but three Michelin stars later and Ramsay is a big TV star! Not sure if it was it was him cooking tho :(

Slight change of topic, I really am thinking of getting rid of my MVIII's. I taped up my achilles (they both had really bad blisters which are badly bleeding and wore my platinum/red pair for training. They had worn in a lot better but I can't really judge because I was still running around like a div. Problem is, i don't know what boots to get! Damn you Nike, I was so pleased with the previous Mercurials and Vapors and they repay me like THIS!!! :mad:

9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh right...I know which cousin you're talking about actually. Well chances are that Ramsay wasn't cooking...he always seems to have his little 'b!tch' with him that does everything for him short of swearing, talking and shaking a pan!:p

Well ho about just getting MVII's again...considering you liked them so much? Of course you could consider the F30.7, lol. What about some Pumas...I think the V3 is a great option because it has a nice strong synthetic and is light and is similar to the V1?

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    K leather v1's hold up long so ! :D

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I was thinking of getting a pair of MVII's again, but I think I need some time off to decide. We've got three weeks off so it's all good, got plenty of time to heal. I'm liking the V3 idea, will have to check out the Puma shop and see what they have there. Cheers for the advice fella!

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh yeah, I just got a refund working through paypal from a shirt I never recieved off ebay...that makes me happy!:D

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well I put a few of my old shirts on eBay. I had a old Juventus shirt (the days of Kappa) and some guy from Hong Kong bought it but didn't pay for it. How annoying. I'm just about to report him now, he's had six days to contact me and he's bordering on taking the piss.

14. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any Arsenal?!

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yuck!

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lol...I think I will keep those. I do have every shirt they've played in since 1998 and a few of the older ones. Problem is I mostly have my own name on them, apart from a couple - one has Ljungberg, one has Bergkamp, one has Wright, obv. my new home top will have either Gilberto or Adebayor and my Redcurrant top? That had to go with the most legendary Arsenal player of my time - PARLOUR! Seriously I have Parlour 15 on the back of that top lol! I wanted something original and I haven't got anything else on there. When I went to games last year it was always a topic of conversation.

Oh, and I passed 2,000 posts recently. Go me :D

17. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I joined BS a few months after you and I somehow have something silly like 3250 posts...thats a lot of time at the computer!

I can't argue with Romford Pele, he did alot for the club and was always commited to the cause. Flamini reminds me alot of him.
    The reason I don't get my name is because I want to keep the shirts for as long as possible and then maybe give them to my children (lol) so the only names I've ever had is FABREGAS 4, REYES 9, BERGKAMP 10, GOD 14 and GILBERTO 19.

I still can't believe I've never had a PIRES 7 shirt, he's been one of my favs ever!

Next season it has to be TOURE 5 or ROSICKY 7 although I've always been a big fan of Hleb.

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Oh yeah, I have the long sleeved Dreamcast home top with Pires 7 and Premiership patches. I'll take some pics when I get in. When I go training I love wearing that top and doing the classic "finger-wag" celebration when I score lol

Worst choices ever - my friend has the new home top with COLE 3 (hillarious) and he ALSO got JEFFERS 9 on his o2 top!! Bad luck or what!!

19. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haha, Jeffers - now that really does suck!

That guy with the COLE shirt surely can't wear it...it would just be impossible.
    The fact is that the the first choice name I wanted on my Arsenal shirts was COLE 3 because he was my favourite player for ages and I always watched him for tips! Nowadays I play a similar game to him because of watching him so much.:(

I remember some1 on the Arsenal forum getting VIERA on his redcurrant shirt just before he left, but that isn't bad at all because he was amazing for us and lots of people got old players names on the redcurrant shirt anyways.

Speaking of playing like certain players, the freakiset thing I ever experienced was watching Kilgallon of Leeds last season. I am like the carbon copy of what he plays like (obviously worse though)! When ever he had the ball I was thinking 'OK do this"and he would do exactly what i would do in every situation...

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I quite like Matty Kilgallon. My football manager is a Leeds fan so after matches last season we would often stay behind and watch Leeds if they were on, and I was quite impressed by him, more so than Healy and Hulse!

What player do I play like...hmmm last season a lot of my team-mates called me Cisse. I had a lot of tramlines in my hair, and I was quick off the blocks. They mainly call me that now because more often than not I wump shots in from anywhere and everywhere. As one of my mates put it, "when they go in they are spectacular, but when they don't...lets not go there"!!

21. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On the topic of shots...I get so frustrated with them! Sometimes my shooting is horrendous so then I concentrate on what I'm doing and then it is fine, but then I concentate too much and I end up messing up, so then I don't think about anything and then it is fine, but then I start messing up!

22. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Most of the time my shooting is good. I can beat a keeper simply on the basis of pace as I have the quickest shot of my team. You're right though, it is frustrating when things don't go right. I often find I shoot better when I'm under pressure and I literally think "shoot" and do it, as opposed to having time to make my mind up. That's why at one on ones, I get to the edge of the box and shoot before the goalie can set himself, as opposed to having to make the round the keeper/chip the keeper/shoot past the keeper/pass decision!

23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sounds a bit like real Ronaldo in the old days, it almost seemed like he was taking just another stride but instead he rocketed it in.

You see Cannavaro's, wpoty, performance yeasterday...sounded like he had a bit of a Sol vs West Ham performance and was at fault for two goals...ironically he would have been suspended for the match but got his second yellow taken away.

You guys that celebrate it looking forward to Christmas? I wasn't up until yesterday for some reason.

Oh BTW, Gilberto has 5 goals in the league this season...if he had one more he would be on the top scoring charts!

24. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Five goals...wow that's a lot for him!

I am looking forward to it, first christmas with the baby and that. No football boots as presents this year tho :(

Didn't see anything of Cannavaro, better SkySports.com it!

25. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, 6 in all competitions!

Whats a Christmas without boots as presents?!:p Actually last Christmas I got Mist Blue Vapors II's...wow I loved what those things looked like..it feels like ages ago that I got them. Too bad they broke and I got Legends as the replacement in the wrong size...I just need a size down! Now they just sit in their box doing nothing.