NSR: NHL Strike is over

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by metro fan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bubs,

Leetch is an UFA, so you may get your wish as Toronto will not be signing any big names with their payroll. As for Jagr, with the promised new wide open style he should become one of the best in the game, after we abort Holik and Casper the big dumb ghost we will only have a few players under contract.

Orlando

2. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    All the scouts are drooling over this kid. He's considered the best at his age to come along in a long time. People use to talk about Gretzky, Lemieux, Lindros, Crosby ...now its Joe Tavares. He's suppose to be the real deal too.

Like Frank mentioned, we got Mike Ribeiro - the best player last season for the Montreal Canadians. His dad use to play professional soccer in Portugal.

There are also a few more Portuguese players in the NHL - Joe Corvo for the La kings, and Steve Martins of the St. Louis Blues.

Thank god the NHL is back...Now I get to watch the EPL and NHL ...SHWEEET!

3. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    LEAFS ARE ROCKING!!!!!

ROCKING on their wheel chairs!!!!

They are a team in trouble with all those old guys.....Now with talk of them getting Lindros they will have old and washed up...Good managment :rolleyes:

Habs RULE! hehehhe lol

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    leafs arent done they hav e young players like stajan-pomiskry-and more plus now that crosby is with the penguins do you think he will turn that team around no it takes a good coach and a teak effort. my pick to shock next season is thr bruins they got a good team.

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ahh my bruins have 4 players under contract :eek:

6. TastySimon

TastySimon New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Toronto
    I dont know how much of a turn around Crosby can give the Penguins, but I would bet that we will at least see them in the playoffs.

7. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I too have heard Tavares is Portuguese...I think he's playing for the Oshawa Generals of the OHL. Anyways..it's great that hockey is back on.

8. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    They have the Russian Malkin too, he was their first pick last year and is another gem. I heard Recchi will be a Penguin again. Plus they have M. Fluery in net, probably the best young goaltender out there.

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    crosby is an amazing player lets hope he doesnt struggle and being hyped up can be damaging for a player but he will overcome it.