NSR-l'OM and You (Getting 2 Know E/O)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Jul 23, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I figured it would be cool to kind of get to know each other and how we all became l'OM fans (I got the idea from the Inter Milan forum:)).

How did you get into l'OM? I started watching L1 circa '96 and I believe that was the first year the team had been back in the top flight after the whole scandal. Curiously, the game was against Lyon.

What made you a l'OM supporter instead of another French club? Most of the teams I do support/follow have a sizeable history and a very big fanbase but at the same time have not been very succesful as of late. For better or for worse, l'OM fits that trend, as well.

Tell us where you are from? I am Chilean but I live in the States.
    How many l'OM matches do you see a year? I would say at least 15 but probably 20+ (thank you, Setanta and TV5).

Have you been to the Stade Velodrome? No, never but I do intend on going one day.

How many l'OM kits do you own? Which ones? I have the jersey from the 2000-2001 season, with "Ericsson" as the sponsor.

And any other things cool l'OM-related things that you can think of???
    Using l'OM, I won back-to-back UEFA Cups on Winning Eleven. :D

MODS, would you mind stickying this thread? :) Thanks in advance for that and hope to hear from all our l'OM supporters here.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im not a OM fan but I am a Ligue 1 fan so I enjoy talking about all the big teams.

3. Tony the French

Feb 28, 2002
    French Rivieria
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How did you get into l'OM?

In the early 90s, OM was one of the best team in Europe.

What made you a l'OM supporter instead of another French club?

Jean Pierre Papin, Abédi Pelé, Chris Waddle, Basile Boli, Dragan Stoijkovic, eric Cantona, Carlos Moser...Etc

Tell us where you are from?

I'm french i live in the south, OM is the most popular club in my area...

Have you been to the Stade Velodrome?

Yes, the first time was in 1992/1993 OM-Monaco, the first match of Fabien Barthez in ligue 1 with OM. Didier Deschamps scored the only goal of the match. The atmosphere is unreal in vélodrome.

How many l'OM kits do you own? Which ones?

I have the third jersey from the 1997 - 1998 season, with "Ericsson" as the sponsor.

And any other things cool l'OM-related things that you can think of???

The Champion's league victory in 1993 against Milan ( Boli, Desailly, Boksic, Völler, Sauzée, Deshamps, angloma, Barthez, Pelé...Etc) Papin was in the other side ( unlucky)