NSR Houston Rockets [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by Excape Goat, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    He's like a Chris Bosh, thin but his abilities are good. But for sure it wouldn't hurt if he adds some weight.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

CB4 (Chris Bosh) is 6'11 and a power forward. Bosh has gotten a lot stronger since rookie year. I don't think this is a good comparison.

When I look at this kid's face, it's so yellow. He looks so weak and could easily be injurred.

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Bosh a year or two ago was as thin as Yi I think. But I agree it's not a good comparison.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chen is still young. Liu is the same age as Yao Ming so it is hard to make a comparsion. Liu was rated no more than journeyman in the NBA. Chen probably would be drafted if his progress continues. I saw Chen Jianghua at the World Championship. He was too fresh, but I heard that he was not even a CBA player back then. China brought him because he was the point guard of the future. I do not really follow the CBA.

Meanwhile, I think athena20 is talking about Sun Ming Ming. He actually moved to Maryland Nighthawks of the American Basketball Association. I saw him on Youtube a few times. He sucked, but might get into the NBA because he is a grimmick. His agent is very good. He got him TV and movie deals. My friend is actually in the Rush Hour 3. She is coming back in April when the movie finishes filming.

Do anyone of you know that Beijing Aoshen Olympian is now playing in the ABA? I do not follow ABA, but their official site listed them as the 19th team out of 24. They have not updated their site since January.

5. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    yes I think that guy is Sun ming ming.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Rokets overcame the Lakers. They will play Utah next. The game will be a psychological booster for the winner as they will play each other in the playoff.

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    wow Rockets are on fire lately.

8. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    For the Lakers the theme is... If you live by the Kobe (3pt shot to send the game to OT), then you will die by the Kobe (was called for traveling on their last possession of OT, when they could have tied the game up again with a 3).

9. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    the things is some team just dunt play well with one of its key players injured, but the rockets do. guys like mutombo and hayes stepped up when yao was out. i think this also applies to some soccer teams, but to a lesser extent since their are more players.

10. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Now the Houston has a lead over Utah for playoff homecourt advantage. Not sure how big that is to the Houston team.

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    BTW, only three games left in the regular season, with the last one being against Utah on the 18th.

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    could you just imagin what would it have been like if Yao Ming stayed healthy the entire year? Before he was put on the 3 months DL, he was averagin 27PPG and 10RPG. Close to MVP numbers.

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Now the Rockets have a lock on playoff home court advantage over the Utah. It's Yao's time to crank his game up a notch to prove he's worthy of all the attention he's been getting.

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i want a 75 game + season for Yao Ming, not a 50 game season. But i'll worry about that next year. For now, it's time to knock of Utah, which is easy to do and perhaps pull an upset in the second round against Dalls, Phoenix, and San Antonio.

Rockets are better than what they are on paper. Mcgrady and Yao combined for 50+ missed games due to injury. Imaigin if they were healthy the entire year, we're looking at 60 wins for Rockets.

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the bright side, he should be fresher this year for the playoffs.

I agree with this. But so far they haven't really find the formation that brings out the best in both at the same time.

16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    To illustrate, a clip of the Houston vs Sonics game,

[youtube]YHLxPCPPc3Q[/youtube]

17. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    today is Houston first game, hope they can have a good start. I really hope they can at least get past the 1st round. I remember couple of years back when they play Lackers , they could had eliminated the Lakers which at that time still had O Neil but some last minute retard tactic put the game away. Hope this year Yao can go far.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Houston 84, Utah 75

The game was closer than you think. Utah actually led at HT.

19. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read the match report. McGrady was held to one point in the first half and then the floodgate opened in the second. Yao Ming was the man of the match.

Link.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    McGrady never had a bigger game than this in his entire career(inlcuding pre-NBA days).

21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2-0, but T-Mac and yao scored more than half of the points.

[youtube]_Ux7m5ZgKEI[/youtube]

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    If that video is what I think it is, then it's quite funny. I wish Chinese Abroad soccer players adapt to foreign culture and language like Yao Ming (i.e. not like Sun Jihai).

23. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    During the post-game press conference, Yao was being his humble self, then McGrady jokingly called him out and told the media what Yao was really saying in the locker room.

25. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Rockets are 2-0 because they are getting to the free throw line a lot more often. Looking at the stats, Rockets FG% is actually lower than Utah in game2 and about the same in game 1, but the free throws made the difference.

I am concerned, because Yao's missing a lot of shots. He was 8-18 in game 1 and 9-24 in game 2. This can't continue, because on the road, Rockets won't get as many calls as they did at home.