NSR-Getting to know each other

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Catfish, Mar 9, 2005.

1. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    i expect a full recap of the game (both from the game and from the stands perspective :) )... they are expecting 2,500 lyonnais at th game, so it should be "chaud"

a friend from japan was telling me that they are starting to follow ligue 1 in japan due to matsui... they have reporters living in le mans because of this guy... it's crazy lol... talk about a night life in that town...

2. JJ-O

JJ-O New Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Tokyo
    oh man......homework? It's my first PSG game and I'm not even gonna try to keep my cool, so don't blame me if I leave the PdP with no memory. I'm not good at analyzing soccer skills and tacitcs, anyway.

As for the reporters and journalists, that's the way it goes for every Japanese athlete playing overseas(Ichiro, Matsui.....). Talking about soccer, with H.Nakata(the best MF in Jpn) and Takahara(HSV) sometimes not even making it to the eligible list, Inamoto in the 1st division, and the glass-footed Ono back in Japan, we have only Matsui and Nakamura(Celtic) to focus on as they're the only ones that hit the pitch on a regular basis. So yes, Japan's beginning to gain interest in Ligue1, but they're more interested in Serie A, Liga Espanyola and the Premier League, where all the superstars are. To them, Ligue1 is more like a stepping stone, just like how PSG was a good place for Ronaldinho to prove his talent to the clubs with skyscraping budgets.

I could go on and on about how so many Japanese people are soccer-know-it-alls but I'm not going to cuz it's gonna be a whole paragraph of dissing them(I'm not being prejudice or anything, I'm Japanese too. I just hate it when they talk about something they don't know at all).

Anyway, I can't wait till it's SUNDAY!!!!

3. guest

guest New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    United Kingdom
    I became interested in PSG after learning that my great grandparents and Pauleta's (actually named Pedro Miguel Resendez) great-great grandparents are the same. Distant cousin? Yes, but related just the same.

4. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    um, that..... is..... AWESOME!!!!!

can we be friends? ;)

5. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    I started supporting PSG in 2004 after going to a fantastic game at the PdP where PSG beat Marseille 2-1. Since then I have taken every opportunity to get to Paris to see them play. Like every PSG fan I have seen highs and lows. The most notable low being paying 150 euros to see them fail to beat the Marseille reserves in March this year at the PdP. The Best high coming in late april this year when I was lucky enough to be at the Stade De France when we beat Marseille 2-1 to win the Coupe De France, albeit sitting in amongst about 1,000 Marseille fans wearing my PSG shirt and scarf :D !!!!

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW! You have some serious guts.

Welcome to BigSoccer!

7. badboybennyg

badboybennyg New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Buckinghamshire
    I fell in love with PSG on a drunken weekend with a mate to the fair city. We just thought we'd have a look round the stadium, realised there was a game on that evening, brought a ticket without speaking a word of French and ended up in the game that evening. It was vs. Lens and Lens won 1-0 with a late penalty (I think this was in 98/99- can anybody help me with who was playing for PSG that day? Must be a website somewhere full of stats and line ups). Other than that my over-riding memory was the constant noise and colour and superb atmosphere. So different form English football. Planning to go back for the forthcoming season to pay homage again.

Are there any UK based supporters clubs that organise trips over the channel?

ha ha found it...great site

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuilleMatch.asp?saison=1998/1999&code_evt=&code_jr_tr=J08&num_ordre=5

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm on here a lot preseason and not much during the season, but here goes. I started liking PSG in '94 after a high school trip to Paris. Well, its more that I loved Paris and loved football and so PSG was an obvious choice. Having been back there, and to other cities in France, I definitely don't regret my decision to support PSG. I've been to a few games at the Parc and love it. I have very fond memories of my first game there (though it was only a tie) as it was my first ever real European soccer experience. Plus, I can tell people that I saw Ronaldinho before he was RONALDINHO. I have FSC at home, though they only carry 1 game a week and, maybe once or twice a month, its a PSG game. Otherwise, I'm forced to follow the team through the web and the French highight show that FSC does. Therefore, I can't keep up with those of you who can see them play each week so I tend not to post very much when the season gets going.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I have always felt that PSG should do everything within its powers to actively seek out a talented Japanese player and bring him to Paris. With the huge number of Japanese tourists to Paris it would be such a moneymaker, I can see the euros just flying into the cash register at the Champs Elysees PSG store.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You would think that PSG would have thought of this by now, but no. The people who run PSG obviously don't know cr*p about marketing or football.

11. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    Whats up everyone, my name is Jon I spend most of my time on the Arsenal boards but I've come to like PSG over the past year and to tell you the truth im not sure why. I remember watching a few games here and there on TV and I was always pulling for PSG and it has grown on me and im looking forward to following them this season.

12. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    To crowd: My name is Brandon, and I'm a PSG fan.

My PSG odessey began in 1998. It was post-World Cup and my football roots were still growing. I don't remember exactly how I found out about PSG, but it all came to a head when I bought my first PSG t-shirt in 1999. PSG became my club permanently when the French exchange student started talking about the club and we became friends...she was really hot by the way!

On a personal level, I'm just a student at the University at Buffalo studying to become a psycholinguist.

A manic-depressive (d/t results) fan of le PSG since 1999!

13. cmaddict21

cmaddict21 Member

Feb 19, 2002
    New York
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fell in love with PSG in the fall of 2002, my first year of university in Paris. Before then, I had been a LOSC fan by association, my aunt-by-marriage's family living there and being football mad. However, a friend I met at uni sat in the Kop de Boulougne and invited me along for a game. I instantly fell in love with the team, and though I tried to keep a hold of my LOSC loyalty, it fell to the side after the stadium redevelopment there fell through. Went to games whenever I could spare money up until I graduated last summer. I still try to stay on top of things, but the team is hard to track without seeing them play. Regardless, I will always hold a special place for PSG.

14. PSG Hooligan

PSG Hooligan New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Paris
    I've been supporting PSG since the early 80s, my father used to take me to the Parc des Princes to see matches, the best memory being the 1982 Cup Final we won vs St Etienne.
    I've pretty much seen all the best matches in the stadium including the now legendary PSG - Real Madrid in 1993.
    Unfortunately the last 10 years sucked for us but I hope the team will shine again and make me dream as it did for the first 15 years or so I've been following them.
    I'll support PSG over the national team anytime: parisian before being french!!!

15. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    soyez tous les bienvenues :)
    - cheng, zona, urtel, cmaddict, et m. le hooligan

^you sit in which section?

16. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    Hello everyone. My name is Ali, like the famous boxer. I live here in Southern California near the city of Los Angeles. I am a HUUUUGGGGEE supporter of arsenal, but here is the story of how I came to like PSG:
    Well, One day im sitting on youtube.com and I just happened to come across PSG vs. Metz when all the PSG fans were making the Parc into a Firework show. I did some further investigation, and I have to admit that PSG fans are some of the most loyal and passionate fans. I wish sports in America had PSG loyalty. I have made the switch now from Monaco to PSG as my french team just because of what i saw in those videos. Truly remarkable. I hope to visit Parc in the near future and embrace the Parisian flair.
    I am a college student here in California, 19 years old. I am majoring in Medicine. I am a member of the famous Los Angeles Galaxy group The Riot Squad. I list my teams as follows in the way i root for them.
    Arsenal because i was first introduced to them before any other team at the age of 8
    LA Galaxy because of their local ties here and the besssst fans in MLS
    PSG- see above
    AC Milan-Shevchenko amazed me
    French national team-the team ive rooted for because of my fav players Zizou and Henry. ITALY GOT LUCKY!!!!!
    and lastly i do tend to root for Schalke 04 every now and then
    Also a big fan of Israeli football, because my family is of Palestnian origin and have visited many of these football stadiums.

ALLEZ PARIS!!!!!!!

17. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    near? like a two-hour drive you mean right :p where are you goin to school btw

welcome, and have fun.

18. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    I started supporting PSG in 1993-1994.
    I was 7 years old, and I was watching PSG against Real, that struck me, but just enough to make me interested, especially since there's no other team in Paris, lol, so if my father wanted to bring me to a football game, it had to be for Paris. :D
    Then it's in 1994 that I became a true fan, and I had two club loves (and they're still my favorite clubs), Barcelona for Stoichkov, and PSG for Ginola.
    Ginola was my favorite, he's part of my PSG lineup of legends.
    Then came Weah against Bayern Munich in 1995. I can tell you for the next weeks I was on the field trying to emulate him :D
    Then there's 1996 and Djorkaeff, etc.
    Eventually since 1998 the team has been in trouble, but I've always been behind it, with Anelka, Robert, Ronnie, and so on.
    And when I moved to the US, I kept following it on the net, and on tv, now it's on streams, although they're not always available.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You mean this utterly sick goal by George Weah. I had never heard of him or seen this goal....all I can say is, WOW!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=K6rW_xreNlI

20. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
  21. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    Not 2 hours in my race car ;-) But I attend orange coast college, and hoping to transfer to ucla eventually.

22. hypolithe_forever

hypolithe_forever New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    Bonjour my name is Romain, I am 23 years old, I work in Paris and I live at 3.5 km from Paris.

When I was child, my father took me regularly at the parc des princes, my first match to the parc was PSG. MONTPELLIER (1-1) in 1991 with a goal of Laurent Fournier. In the years that followed, the psg knew the most beautiful period of its history with one historic match: PSG. REAL MADRID (4-1) (when I review the videos of this match I have more thrills).

It is the old history, but even with the difficult period that the club lives currently, I believe again in it and more than always!!!

Here it is Paris

23. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    bienvenue a toi

24. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I noticed the Cafe de St. Germain is closed. Are we going to start a new one for this season?

25. SooHwa

SooHwa New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    france
    u should try to find some information about him
    he is one of the best african players ever
    ^^

let's introduce myself
    well my name is nicolas i'm passionated about korea but i support psg since i'm a kid as ginola was my idol when i were younger and the team with rai, lama , le guen and so on got something special and attractive i still support paris of course even if not it's not as glorious as in the past but we all still hope we will doing well soon

you can check out this website there is a good video of pauleta
    http://www.planetepsg.com/index.php?page=videos&saison_video=2005