NSR-Getting to know each other

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Catfish, Mar 9, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    panic is leaving this to my own devices as it were. The only problem is that they won't make me a mod.

lol. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can start a leaflet campaign?

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Come on people...are we slippin.
    Sticky this bad boy.

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. Ganu, I hereby dub you the unofficial mod of the PSG forum.
    Make us proud.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For the love of all things holy, will a mod please sticky this thread.

Thank you, kindly.

4. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    i guess i've been posting here a lot more frequently now with the new season so i'll follow the standard procedure for this thread.

originally, i was only interested in the national team, but started following the french league to look at the potential stars of the future. As for PSG, i like them the best because i have a couple friends who live there who aren't the best supporters, but supporters nonetheless, so i just followed their stead. Above all, however, I love the city, having gone there several times, and hope to study there next semester and catch a match or two.

Another factor too was the takeover of manutd by that ********ing leprechaun malcolm glazer. Got sick of all the money talk, and while ligue 1 certainely isn't devoid of its own share of politics, its nice to hear about and focus on the football rather than shady behind the scenes dealings.

yea anyways, thats it. cheers :)

5. realkevincn

realkevincn New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Vancouver
    Well, I'm a Chinese student in Canada and I'm 20. I started to suppot France since 1998 summer, because i like France a lot, not only soccer. I was spoiled that France finally won the World Cup and then European Cup. Those days were sweet. I support all French clubs to win more glory in Europe. I am not a PSG fan yet, but I know this team had a amazing history that it won a lot prize in a short period. Luckily I can watch French league now and I just bought a uniform of PSG. Hopefully I will be one of you. Good luck to PSG and you guys.

6. MLG_FC

MLG_FC New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA
    Started watching football (les bleus) while in France, loved it, and then needed a yearly fix via club football and found Arsenal, mostly because they had four French national team players at the time, and they were the only players I knew by name. Anyway, PSG was my first live club match, and though I prefer Arsenal, you can never really forget your first time.

7. leplan

leplan New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Hey...

I started going to see football in Cannes over the holidays in the early 80's. When Cannes moved to the top flight, it was with Fernandez as a player, and back then Cannes and PSG had a special connection, with many players going from one team to the other. SO I kind of liked psg from the start.

I moved to St Germain en Laye in 86, from the US, and that summer I got to go to a CHampion's cup game in Paris on my own. Well, the paris team didn't qualify but Safet Susic stole my heart, and I've been obsessed with that team ever since.

All time favorite PSG player: Weah. Damn, I still miss him. I also have a fondness for Laurent Leroy, Susic, Valdo, Okocha, Ronaldinho of course, and from the team of today, Bernard Mendy.

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A warm welcome for all the newcomers ! :) :cool:

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Bienvenue à tous....

Allez Paris!

10. JFPIV

JFPIV New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It started rather foolishly, really.

I was in Paris on vacation in 2000, and stepped into a shop in the Latin Quarter that sold football jerseys I knew very little of European Club ball, and picked up the PSG jersey on a lark.

I didn't really have the opportunity to follow European football on a regular basis until last fall when I got Fox Soccer Channel through my digital cable package, and ice hockey took its hiatus, so I started watching French Club soccer on a regular basis, and PSG became my squad.

11. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    What PSG means for you...

Since I am new, I figured we could have a threat where everyone could talk a little about themselves so that we all know each other. More importantly, explain why you may (or may not) like PSG... I guess I'll start...

I'm 20 years old. I'm half french/American and go to school at NYU. I'm a HUGEEEEEEEEE PSG fan and I was in France for the past 8 months studying but I had season tickets for the second part of the season (not a great season as you all know, with the fans on strike). I was sitting in the Paris tribune but before in mid-August, I went to the first game of the season against Metz and decided that I would go with my cousin to try Autheuil and guys, let me tell you, I'm a Supras now and I don't plan to go back to the Paris tribune. One of the best soccer games (4-1) and an amazing crowd! In any case, some may know Nevada Smiths in NYC (a well known pub that shows any soccer game you want) and so I'll be there a lot for all the Ligue1 games and CL games... so there you go, that's my story... allez PSG!!!

12. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: What PSG means for you...

Welcome aboard. :)

Pour moi, PSG est,

Ma Passion, Ma Souffrance, Ma Gnôle

Donc, c'est mon PSG. :cool:

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: What PSG means for you...

Actually if you don't mind mate, I'm will merge this with the getting to know you thread and we'll stick it at the top of thread...

Okay?

Allez Paris!!! :D

EDIT: merged...

14. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Mel, who is the guy that uses that avatar on soccer-gaming?

You sure you got his number to use it?

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Creepy premonition by catfish… :eek:

Or was it? :rolleyes: ;)

16. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ca manque de filles... :rolleyes:

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    c'est un site de football, particulement d'ici pour le PSG...

donc, pas des filles comme d'habitude... :(

:D

mais une fille qui aime le PSG, le foot et le bigsoccer devrait etre une vraiment cool nana. ;)

vrai amour pour moi.... :cool:

But who am I kidding, hein?

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks....I just thought it made sense.
    Good times.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think I ever posted about myself on here. I began my obsession with football about 4 years ago, when after visiting good friends of ours and watching a few EPL matches. I asked whats with soccer? My English friend just laughed and teased me, then explained all the rules. I was born and raised a huge sports fan, so it made sense to follow the most popular sport on Earth. The crowds, the pace, the tradition, the rivalries, and the fantastic athletes had me mesmerized and still do to this day. Within a year or so after watching tons of Arsenal matches (my good friend grew up in England and is a HUGE Gooner, being a Gooner, just felt right.

But alas, I needed even more footie, so I started watching Bundesliga, ARG football, Brasilian, Mexican, Dutch, SPL, and Ligue 1. The only 3 French clubs that Fox Soccer Channel televised on a regular basis were Lyon, OM, and PSG. LYON was winning title after title, so didn't feel right running right to them. OM were just ok. PSG just my emotions going with PdP and the great atmosphere. Also I have always wanted to visit Paris. Following PSG the last 2 seasons now, has been an emotional rollercoaster, very similiar to being a Chicago Sports fan. Now, I know its painful, but in the end I enjoy watching the various styles of football around the world. Following a club in many of them gives me more reason to care who wins or loses.

20. Psglove

Psglove New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I will speak French otherwise I'll have a lot of difficulties...

Donc j'ai 15 ans je vis en Ile-de-France (cadre idéal pour un supporter parisien) juste à la périphérie de la région, en Seine-et-Marne (le grand département à l'est de Paris).

Je n'ai pas été bercé dès ma plus jeune enfance dans le football. J'ai toujours habité en Ile-de-France, d'abord au sud de la Seine-et-Marne, et maintenant dans mon habitat actuel. C'est ce déménagement qui a constitué un tournant de ma vie. C'est grâce à ce déménagement que j'en suis arrivé à connaître le football.

En effet, arrivé en plein mois de janvier, en CE1, dans une école où je ne connaissais personne, j'ai pu trouver un gars super sympa qui me trouvant m'ennuyant dans la cour me demanda si je connaissais le foot et si ça m'intéresserait d'apprendre. J'acquisçai et il entreprit de m'instruire ce magnifique sport.

Ceci se passa en 1998, ça créa un autre tournant, j'ai rencontré mon meilleur pote (fana de foot autant que moi), et surtout j'ai vu la France remporter la Coupe du Monde (stylé, j'étais en camping dans les Alpes en colo, on a regardé ça au bar, imaginez les gosses de 8 ans à côté des vieux bourrés du bar xD). Du coup je me suis intéressé de plus près au foot, et ainsi me suis découvert une passion pour ce sport. J'ai commencé à suivre les résultats en France, je me souviens même avoir supporté l'OM dans sa quête du titre de champion en 1999, car je n'aimais pas Bordeaux, et j'ai été super déçu qu'ils perdent la finale de l'UEFA. La rivalité OM - PSG à l'époque m'était inconnue.

Le club que je supporte depuis le plus de temps, étrangement, ce n'est pas le PSG, mais Arsenal. Dès qu'Henry y a été transféré je les ai suivi, et depuis je suis un vrai fan des gunners, suivant le plus de matchs anglais que possible (grâce au satellite sur TPS, où presque tous les matchs d'Arsenal sont retransmis depuis 2 saisons). Ensuite m'est venue la passion du PSG, renforcée depuis que je me suis inscrit à un certain forum (jeuxvideo.com), où les supporters sont très présents et donc où la rivalité OM - PSG également, ce qui force à prendre le parti de son équipe de façon très virulante ^^. Bref ça fait depuis la saison 1999-2000 que je suis vraiment pour le PSG, même si j'ai un moment (de 2000 à 2002) supporté l'OL en plus. Mais désormais c'est inconcevable pour moi de supporter deux clubs.

Je peux rajouter que je suis également bianconero depuis 3 ou 4 saisons, et supporter de Schalke 04 depuis le début de la saison 2004-2005 (c'est récent mais l'Allemagne ne m'attirait pas trop, alors qu'en fait c'est un championnat magnifique).

Je ne suis encore jamais allé au Parc des Princes malheureusement, je devrais le pouvoir lorsque je serais un peu plus vieux je pense. J'ai quand même un avantage, c'est que je suis arbitre officiel catégories jeunes (poussins et benjamins) donc grâce à ma licence j'ai le droit à l'entrée gratuite dans tous les stades de ma région, c'est-à-dire l'Ile-de-France. Je peux donc aller voir les Bleus au Stade de France (seul stade dans lequel je suis déjà allé, en 2003 pour voir France - Egypte, avec une victoire 5-0 des Bleus, dont un but de Cissé impressionnant, un déboulé dans l'axe légèrement décalé sur la droite, sérieux, quand il arrive en face, on a beau être dans les tribunes moyennes, ça impressionne ! :eek: Pour le Parc, si je peux m'abonner j'espère pouvoir le faire chez les Supras ou bien les Tigris, en tout cas tribune Auteuil c'est sûr.

Mes joueurs préférés sont Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Pauleta, Henry, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Lincoln, Kuanyi, Sören Larsen, Cannavaro, Sagnol, Buffon, Armand, Yepes, Edou Cissé et Zidane.

Côté perso, je n'aime le Nutella que pour le goûter, j'adore le pain grillé avec du beurre, j'aime comme musiques la techno (Benassi, Fat Boy Slim, Oakenfold notamment), et le Rock (Muse, Placebo). Comme films : Le Flic de Beverly Hills, l'Arme Fatale, Star Wars, Bruce Tout-Puissant, Harry Potter, Sex Intentions, Austin Powers, et d'autres encore..., comme prénom pour une fille c'est Lucie (celle que j'aime ^^), comme jeux PES, MOH, Gran Turismo & GTA, comme bonbons Smarties et Skittles, comme livre Harry Potter, et les mangas GTO et Love Hina, comme région d'habitat, là où je vis c'est très bien, mais sur la côte ce serait pas mal non plus.
    Je suis passionné par les avions mais j'ai peur de devoir monter dedans un jour, j'apprécie particulièrement de voyager en train, notamment en TGV, c'est sympa surtout entre potes.

I don't found much, but I think that's already a lot. I wish you'll understand easily. :)

21. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Bienvenue sur le forum, c toujours un plaisir de voir des français ici

amuse-toi bien :)

22. Psglove

Psglove New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    C'est autant un plaisir pour vous de voir des français ici que pour moi de voir des anglais sur les forums que je fréquente :D

Merci beaucoup en tout cas :)

23. JJ-O

JJ-O New Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Tokyo
    I was in Paris last year for work, for the first time in my life(first time in Europe, in fact).I knew PSG as one of the teams that my favorite player, Okocha, was on and actually the only French club that I knew how their game shirts looked. Luckily in my office in Paris there was a true PSG-fan-for-life guy, so as we talked about soccer it was pretty natural for me to become a fan myself.
    At the moment, I don't know much about the club or the players but since I'm back in Paris again for another long 3 months, I'm gonna put an end to that. I'll take my first step by going to the game vs Lyon this Sunday at the PdP(got my ticket!!).

thanx to ganu for the "history thread", though it might not be appropriate to say that here.

Allez Paris!!

24. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! where are you sitting in the stadium? oh man seriously, just can you scream randomly outloud during the game for me so i can feel special... or if boulogne and auteil exchange chants, just do a ALLEZ PARIS for me :) ... greatly appreciated lol

25. JJ-O

JJ-O New Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Tokyo
    ""We'll be on the 2nd floor, close to one of the corner flags", the guy that's taking me there(the one next to me at my office) told me. He's been a true PSG fan since he was a kid and he knows all the stuff that a PSG fan does at a game, so don't worry, I'll be yelling ALLEZ PARIS for sure.:D
    The J-league that we have in Japan really sucks, so I'm looking forward to a display of some good football. I just hope it doesn't come from the CL quarter-finalists:eek: