(NRR) Setanta Pubs

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by PZ, May 5, 2005.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the second Championship automatic promotion spot is up for grabs on Sunday. Wigan and my boys Ipswich are level on points. Both their matches will be shown (Wigan - Reading at 5 AM...Brighton - Ipswich at 8 AM). My question is, are any of the pubs in the Denver area that carry Setanta likely to be open that early and showing the match. And if so, which would be the easiest to get to from the Springs?

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably better off trying to get Direct TV installed and the Setanta channel purchased before that. Otherwise, Fados is one of the only to open so early and I don't know if they have Setanta. I'd give them a call and ask.

3. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would have already done so if I was in right situation. :(

thanks for the info.

4. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Sobo on South Broadway is a Czech bar that came through big-time with Setanta during the Euro games last year....they also screwed them over since they vehemently refused to charge cover charges at the door, something I guess that Setanta hates :)

5. Stateside Gooner

Stateside Gooner New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Aurora
  6. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    PZ ... did I meet you at the Marriot at the bar - me watching the Champions League game and you bumming you had to go to a meeting?

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it. I live in the Springs and only just moved here. Don't tell me there's another Ipswich supporter in this state!! :eek:

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Actually I think he was a Brit that was here for some kind of conference. I bumped into him at the Marriott Building downtown ... I work in the building and was at the hotel bar watching the game ... and he was there for the conference.

He was all excited because he just got his first season ticket ever :)

9. ToonRudie

ToonRudie Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Fado (easy enough to get to off of I-25) does carry Setanta, and usually does not charge a cover for the Championship League games. I would definitely call before you head down though...ask for Patrick.