NRR: Sad day for the world of football.

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by rockymtn.mike, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rockymtn.mike

rockymtn.mike Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Lochbuie, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bermuda
    If you didn't see it on Saturday Sevilla was playing Getafe and one of the young up and coming stars Antonio Puerta of Sevilla had what was later determined a Heart Attack. He passed away this morning.

I would like to express my deepest condolences to the Puerta Family and Sevilla FC fans, players and everyone else in the orginization.

YNWA RIP

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. That stinks.

I hear he had been taking a medication for an irregular heart beat, but from all reports yesterday, he had stabilized (although he was still in serious condition).

My team's (Malaga) main rival is Sevilla. I went to a couple of the Andalucian derby matches when I lived in Spain and there is nothing but animosity between the clubs and their fans. But I'm sure there are many sad malaguenos today. A tragedy for La Liga and futbol everywhere.

3. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad day for soccer, not just out there but here in the states. We should all take this as a leeson....

4. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    I have a heart condition but it doesn't prevent me from playing. Now, I could take a beta blocker to rid the problem but that would exclude me from physical extertion. The condition is known as PVC and deals with the atrial portion of my heart. I'd be curious to know if he a ventrical problem as those are the one's to watch out for.