NRC: American Outlaws Hartford Chapter

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by wolfp10, Jun 11, 2009.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I have been approached by a couple of people about starting an American Outlaws Chapter to represent Hartford, so...

The American Outlaws are an independent supporters group with the mission "To support the United States National Team through a unified and dedicated group of supporters."

AO pledges to...

To be loud. To stand, sing and cheer our boys on.

To be an organized, unified group of fans at both the local and national level.

To hold events surrounding the US National Team Games both at the stadium and at locations across the country.

To become a community of fans dedicated to supporting our team.

It is time we bring this support to soccer in the Greater Hartford area!!!

If you are interested in joining the Hartford Chapter, please join the American Outlaws and send me via private message an email address so I can lead this effort more directly. Thank you for your interest, and go USA!!!

2. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
  3. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff, Hartford.

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahtfid dood!

6. Sports Cactus

Sports Cactus New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    innnnnnnnnn

I would have loved to help set this up but my job gets in the damn way of having normal hours

7. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice.

ill check this out for sure. consider me joined-ed.

8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike you can count Keith and I as in. I will send him the link

9. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would this include the Springfield area people too??

10. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    If you are willing to drive down to Hartford for viewings, then I don't see why not.

11. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike,
    Let me know if you need help with anything

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The local American Outlaws Chapters (Boston, Hartford, Providence, and New Hampshire) have organized parties in two locations for everyone this Sunday.

If you live in the Greater Boston Area and are not attending the Revs-Atlas game you should head to the Phoenix Landing:

Central Square - Red Line Stop
    512 Massachusetts Ave
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    (617) 576-6260
    Map

We've arranged for deals on apps and $2 Carlsberg Drafts for all AO Viewing Parties. (You're welcome; now join today! It's only $15 you deadbeats!)

If you live anywhere else and you are going to the game then you should go to CBS Scene at Patriot Place

Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium200
    200 Patriot Place
    Foxborough, MA 02035
    info@cbsscene.com
    (508) 203-2200

We've arranged for half off on all apps and a bucket of Buds (than can range from 4-6 according to some :-D) for $10. The sound will be on. If it is nice out we can watch the game outside on the deck. Please bring banners, flags, anything that is red, white, and blue to the game. We're going to hang all sorts from the railings and rafters of CBS Scene.

If you're a member of AO please wear your AO gear.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO OUR EVENTS!

See you there and remember...

SUPPORT YOUR YANKS

13. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is interested in doing a road trip to Philly this weekend? Please PM me or email AO Boston...americanoutlawsboston@gmail.com

We need to get a head count.

We'd probably leave Friday night if it's a small group and crash at a friends the night before.

If it is a large group we'll do a day trip on Saturday.

14. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
  15. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Right. That's enough of that, Gioca, you're cruising for a forum ban if you keep it up. Other folks, do not feed the flamewar please

16. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! We're doing a road trip to Philly this weekend...please PM/Email us if you can go. We'll swing through Hartford. We have space leftover!

17. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    AO Hartford will be organizing a viewing for the US-Panama game tomorrow at 7:30 at City Steam Brewery in Downtown Hartford. All are welcome to attend.

18. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May make it down there for this Mike. Any idea if we need to pay the $15 cover charge because of the comedian playing at 7 and 10 p.m. ?

19. Sports Cactus

Sports Cactus New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    how'd the viewing go?

20. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Tim,

We didn't have to pay a cover, as the Brew Ha Ha is somewhat separate from the bar.

For our first viewing it went well. A handful of people I know showed up. Most people at the bar were watching the game and responding to it as well. A number of soccer fans were at the bar and knew what was going on.

I think City Steam will be a good location. Quite a bit of room, and most of the people at the bar were more "normal" as opposed to Vaughan's, which tends to draw the "beautiful people".

It is too bad Gioca didn't show up, I would have bought him a beer.

21. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I would add some info because I can.

CitySteam NEVER has a cover. Comedy is in the basement, but sometimes the crowd waiting for them to open the venue kind of crowd the bar. but its not a problem.

I was told by my friend Lindsey the bartender most weekdays that every time there is a soccer game on there is always a bunch of people watching. I meant to pass this on to WolfP10, but what can I say, I am a slacker. I think that it would be smart to recruit these guys for the chapter.

I wouldnt be suprized if there were a half dozen bars around town that also has small groups of fans watching, and we can eventualy seek them out and recruit them.

City Steam Management is willing to work deals for us as we get numbers and regularity, but the mug club is a great bargain if you find yourself going to city steam more than 10 times a year.

if you have never been to the place comcast was there filming something because they won best brew pub award or something.

My favorite beer (Carpenters) comes back on tap in 2 weeks, so you will find me there far too often.

Micah Aka mug #20

OK, so thats city steam.

but as far as AO, I have not paid up yet, but I still feel the need to recruit members so we can get a proper chapter here in Hartford. does anyone have any suggestions other than walking into every bar in Hartford and acting like a traveling salesman?

Cheers!

22. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Call it the CT River Valley Chapter or something and get some more people from the southern 413 who are 15-30 mins from City Steam!!!

23. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hartford-Springfield chapter

Just like we should have a Hartford-Springfield Sports Authority to finance a new NHL Arena :)

Hey I am all regionalism

24. Chaosbark

Chaosbark New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sounds interesting. Me and some of my friends are from the Western Mass area and are very intersted in chanting and being loud and all of that. I'm interested in becoming a member of this, if someone could send me a message that'd be great.
    Thanks.

come on you revs!

25. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone getting something together for next weeks US v Mexico game?
    vaughns? City Steam? half door?