[NQR]Dynamo aren't for sale says Phil

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by ggayle, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Linda P. for the e-mail about this article.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4335141.html

Wow, just, wow.

2. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two paragraphs down it says Lieweekly announce he WOULD meet with potential local buyers this week. Figure that one out.

Luck is just hoping they don't sell. He wouldn't have a job with Club America.

These guys are bastards just trying to extort a stadium out of Houston.

3. bri637

bri637 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    San Bruno, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That about sums it up.

4. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    I hope AEG stays in control. Then, after another year of this crap, most of our guys will probably want to come back to SJ to play! :) ;)

5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After what AEG did to San Jose fans I don't trust them with our Dynamo. I hope this is just posturing. Then again -- who can ever tell with their track record?

6. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The only thing you can trust about AEG is that they will be looking out for themselves. They will lie and posture to extort your city into building them a stadium. Sure, they've got the money, but they would rather your city pony up so they can sell the team and keep the new venue(some times knows as an SSS) in thier control for concerts. I hope for your(and other fan's) sake that they do sell the team to an ownership group with local roots who really care about your community.

FAEG!!!

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White man speak with forked tongue.

9. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I just have to bring attention to Albany's sig. I love this quote. Did he say this on a broadcast of some kind?

"And they still have got the soul of San Jose Earthquakes. I'm sorry, but...No, I'm not sorry; I'm proud to say it: They were a crackin' team in San Jose; It was a tragedy how they were ripped away from the Bay Area--and they've taken it to Houston and given them a beautiful present." -- Ray Hudson, 8 Nov. 2006

10. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Ray said that on last week's show (American Soccer). I just had to write it down and quote it.

11. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read the Houston thread, they are realistic and realize that AEG is all about concert stadiums (I.e. entertainment) and are just using SSS as a smoke screen. A few AEG apologists still use the "well at least they started MLS" (which I'm still thankful, but doesn't cover up their past actions in the SJ market).

I'm hoping that the Quakes fan can look back 5-10 years from know and say that we have a team and local ownership and it was the best thing getting rid of AEG. However, 2-4 years of not going to games with my kids will never be made up...

FUAEG!

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    You can tell when Lieweekly is lying because his lips are moving.

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel your pain.

Expect AEG to sell to Club America, or if you're really lucky, local investors.

There's no chance that AEG will keep the club in the long run. FIFA insists that they get down to one team. That one team will be the filthy, evil, league-favored, water-stealing, smog-breathing, satan-worshipping galactowankers.

Your lot will be dumped to whoever provides AEG with a venue and the most cash. Count on it. It's going to suck. Especially if that turns out to be CA, because they will tear your team apart and bring in their own guys.

I'm hoping that you get CA at the same time that we get an expansion Quakes. That way we'll at least have a chance to get some of "our guys" back. Not that I'm wishing ill on you great fans in Houston. I'm just looking for a silver lining to what I expect to be a sale to CA.

Good luck.

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO SSV!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    fuaeg!
    fumls!

- Mark

14. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Albany58 again."

Ray about summed it up.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why?

Is there anything out there to suggest that this is what AEG is planning on doing?

16. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has there ever been anything, anywhere that suggests that AEG knows what it's doing?

17. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't that question warrant its own thread? :D

18. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    They aren't for Sale, says Phil. But a very good offer will still be considered.

I am sure all the Money AEG claims they lost on the Quakes will suddenly come out as money earned.

19. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AEG lied (or weaselled) about the money they "lost" in San Jose. Which in any case, wasn't a drop in the bucket compared to what they lost in Lost Angesleaze on the filthy, cheating, evil, league-favored, water-stealing, smog-breathing galactofilth. Nor as much as they lost in NYJ, Chitcago, DCU, or even Colorado. They are a bunch of lying vermin.

They do know how to make money, but mostly it involves spending other people's money to create venue's where they then charge exhorbitant amounts for concerts and other events.

And they are lying about Houston being for sale. Of course it's for sale! That's why they moved the team! They may not sell it right now, but I'll bet they sell it before the end of the 2007 season. Of course, they want to keep it in case their favorite franchise continues to suck. Then they can just steal the best players and maybe improve their crappy franchise.

Bastards!!

And watch. They'll screw Houston too. I feel badly for those fans. Just wait.

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    GO SSV!!
    fuaeg!
    fumls!

- Mark

20. BluByU

BluByU Member

Aug 25, 2004
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lesson learned from the Krafts! That really hasn't paid off in the long run, has it?

21. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooops! I meant to write may want to keep it! Darn!

No, it didn't work out for the Kraftholes, but they had a really terrible coach when they owned us. It wasn't until later that they got good. I bet they'd know how to raid another team's roster today!

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    GO SSV!!
    fuaeg!
    fumls!

- Mark