NPSL here we come

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by msilverstein47, Feb 16, 2012.

1. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they play in the city, I can't go out to Long Island for games.

2. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Will I go this year ?.. Still up in the air. Like you I'm waiting to see where they play.

3. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Belsen is not in play...my assumption is that they find a High school field to play in, ideally near public transport.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garden City, NY (February 17, 2012) – Football Club New York (FCNY) is pleased to announce that they will join the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) for the 2012 season.

F.C. New York will join the NPSL’s Northeast Division- as the eighth member of its Atlantic Conference that consists of teams from New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Maine.

“We look forward to fine competition at the NPSL level” said Managing Director Anthony DiCocco. “The fans have shown us great support in the past. Our local derbies with Red Bull and Brooklyn Italians yield exciting soccer” DiCocco added “we embrace the NPSL and we are proud to be a member. With nearly 50 other clubs nationwide, the organization allows its members to create their own policies and make decisions. “

The club will be introducing a new website and more in the weeks ahead. FC New York will be having Try Outs on Saturday February 25th & Sunday February 26th from 6 to 9pm at Burns Park in Massapequa. For further information email protryouts@fcnewyorksoccer.com or email Paul Shaw at pshaw@fcnewyorksoccer.com

5. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new website? But the one we have now is sooooo good. Its basically timeless.

6. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can only guess that reading articles from 3 years ago probably isn't on their agenda...lmao

8. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knowledge is timeless. And seriously, do you think they have something better to do? I hope they do but if history serves us any example then...

9. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they still be playing at Belson (which, by the way, is getting new turf as we speak)? I tried to look on their website, but it has now devolved to a blank white page. :rolleyes:

10. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd prefer something a bit easier to get to.

11. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering I live on the campus, there is not much easier to get to for me :D

That's really the only reason I gave this team a chance. Well, that and the fact Terra and Hoffer had just graduated before signing with them.

12. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you should still give this team a shot. I would go as far as to say that we all need to commit to making sure that this team doesn't fail. One of the biggest problems with American Soccer is that teams come and go and us supporters act as passive spectators, letting crappy owners and ineffective front offices run clubs into the ground. We need to stop letting other people dictate to us, the supporters what a team is going to be. Its up to us to make these teams mean something and to take it upon ourselves to make sure our teams keep playing and represent what we want them to.