NPSL Expansion 2013

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by mbsc, Oct 5, 2012.

1. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Oh no, not another attempt at a Texas-based winter league, just like the SPSL?"

At a guess, SP.

Oh lookie, a website

2. MNkicks

MNkicks New Member

May 26, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. SteadfastSoccer

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Yea it seems like it has the same set up as the SPSL too. Cheaper league fees, no stadium requirements or anything like that. Our rival team joined here in town, they're playing their home games on a not so great quality field with no bleachers or anything. Talked to a few people about it awhile back and they said their respective teams are doing it because they didn't want to pay the $20k it takes to be in the NPSL on top of all the expenses for providing hotels for teams and such. My money would be on they don't return to the NPSL if that is all true. The only hope for the league is the lions pdl if that can be considered hope.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20k for a NPSL club? Since when?

5. SteadfastSoccer

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    They might have been speaking in totals after league fees and expenses? It sounded like a bit much for teams in a four team conference.

6. SteadfastSoccer

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Going back over the membership information I have for joining the npsl in 2012:

$12,000 to be paid over 3 years in $4,000 installments
    $3,500 annual fees
    $24 per player; 26 player minimum
    $275 per home game in referees
    Travel gas/food/vehicle rental
    Travel Hotel rooms
    Insurances

The business plan itself estimates about $46,270 in annual expenditures for the first year for a new team. But that includes coaching salaries and field rental fees.

7. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    so with 10 games for Samba in Hood River, you would need close too $5,000 income a home game, thats a lot of ticket income/advertising. 300 fans x $10 + $200 in advertising. Find it hard to see that happen. the "stand" is just a terrace with no seats or cover and no facilities in a town with a small population. Better off in the Oregon Adult Premier league in my view.

8. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City