Now that Mark McCullers is not the Crew GM, the question becomes...

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Ch(Elsey), Nov 7, 2013.

1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Zak

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. With the traditional media being all wrapped up in everything else, it's all about thinking outside the box. Bill Archer (and others) have spoke many times about soccer being the first "internet sport" with the fans and supporters being tech-savvy and whatnot. Sure, the Dispatch articles and TV mentions help, but that can't be the primary source of getting the word out.

As far as tickets, I'm not going to tell anyone who or where to buy from, but the Crew Union (and also HSH, LTA and others) guys have done a fantastic job in ways that original fans probably never even dreamed of. Block parties with fenced-off areas, bars that give discounts every night of the week, lack of blackout dates, t-shirts, water bottles, custom tailgate tents for the supporters' tailgates, etc.... hats off to all of them. Let me take a moment to say that their hard work certainly pays off.

3. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    BTW, Stevie is KILLING it this season. He's stealing the show. "The Dick is Back!" may be the funniest episode of anything, ever.

4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no respect for the BS rep system. But at least the negative rep system allowed me to tell an idiot poster that they are a fvcktard in both a post and in a negative reputation short blurb.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cliques did away with it. Someone could go into a forum, troll and be neg-repped. Well, they'd get 20 of their online buddies to return the neg-rep favor.

It also may not be an option with this software.

6. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    I only recently started checking BS out again since Precourt bought the team. Nice to see some familiar names i can't put faces with and some that i can. For me though, i won't be completely satisfied until McCullers and the majority of the senior management have been shown the door and all remnants of HSG are gone. They should really all just quit. It's only a matter of time before Precourt sees through the smoke and mirrors.

fidlerre and THOMA GOL repped this.
  7. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think McCullers is pretty much the main holdover at this point. And his role has been significantly reduced to what he actually seems to be ok at. I maintain it will be difficult to get a stadium sponsor when we have such a shitty scoreboard and we cannot guarantee said stadium sponsor large signage along 71. So, with Precourt in charge, maybe this refreshing of McCullers' role will see him thrive. If not, I don't see him sticking around more than a couple of years.

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leave it to the idiots to run a good thing. Just like the idea of Crew Groove.

mateo319 repped this.
  9. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But wait. I thought the consensus was that Precourt is an idiot for being impressed by Berhalter's interview.

10. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And at that, just saw a post from Tony Danza that his wife gave birth to a baby girl at 611pm tonight (mother and baby are both doing well).

Draghignazzo, puttputtfc and eboe repped this.
  11. Jake Folan

Jake Folan Member

May 24, 2012
    #111 Jake Folan, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    That wine needs to age for at least one year before it's drinkable. Two would be better. Three for a full and heady bouquet. Best enjoyed in a Cup.

SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I think we found Columbus' top sommelier.

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Given the LARGE banners on the north end of the stadium the last several years, that excuse left port several years ago - to me it is put-up or shut-up time when it comes to the stadium sponsorship.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  14. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a very good point. Venue naming rights need to include a new scoreboard wrapped into the money. And new freaking side scoreboards while they are at it. The venue needs upgraded, period. I know we need to spend money on a DP but if we improve the game day experience with little things like wi-fi and such, it will help also.

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that many of us are doing our part to create second-generation Crew supporters.

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    And BABY CHANGING STATIONS for, well, all us old-timers with kids...

17. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are family restrooms in several spots that have changing tables.

18. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is MM still in-charge of putting bike racks at the top of the stadium to punish the Nordecke from swearing?

Is he also still in-charge of CSC members checking tickets to LEAVE the stage (and I'm not talking about leaving to enter the Nordecke)?

Did MM's STH score go down because of all this (I know this wasn't his idea)

19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I was just thinking that back in the day, some of the best stuff on here was written at night by drinking posters.. Where did that go?

Did MM squash that as well?

20. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn bunch of hipsters are too concerned with their health to be drinking.

21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    No, they all had babies.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer designs a car. Let's "read" a clip:

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7F16.html
    I'm sure there's a similar theory about changing stations. When you need to find one, there can never be enough.

23. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    No, I wasn't gonna suggest "Save the Limp Dick Fund." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This never made any sense to me? A.) I need a ticket to enter the stadium B.) I need a ticket to enter the section next to the stage (even though I say I'm going to the stage) C.) My ticket gets RE-CHECKED at the entrance to the stage (but it's General Admision?), and then I need to show my ticket again to LEAVE the stage? WTF?