Now, stop linking us with every CB in Europe - LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In all honesty, if the chavs pull off signing Haaland or other striker and want to sell Werner, I'd definitely take him at a discount to the price they paid.

I didn't want us to sign him last summer as I was unsure about his overall game. But having watched him many times, I think his game would work well in our system and his finishing could only better.
    Although there may be something to the joke made about him during the height of his struggles last season: "how can any striker be down on confidence when you get to shoot on Kepa in training?"

LiverpoolFanatic and Red Bird repped this.
  2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh, I agree-- if'n we can get him for what we had offered, I'd be plumb satisfied. It's just Chelsea seems to be a striker's graveyard.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Harry Wilson was left out of Liverpool’s pre-season friendly against Mainz as the Wales winger nears a move to Fulham that is expected to bring in around £10 million.

Wilson rejoined the Reds in Austria at the start of the week after his post-Euro 2020 break, but was omitted from the 27-man squad to play Mainz on Friday evening.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shame we didn't sell him pre-covid for the 20m+ that was being discussed.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Covid has messed up many valuations and financial scenarios. Just watch Barcelona's gavotte with the balance sheet.

6. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Does Barcelona still owe us money for the Coutinho purchase?

asitis

7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure it was all settled. Supposedly LFC sold Barca's debt to a 3rd party.

asitis repped this.
  8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nope. All done and dusted.

asitis repped this.
  9. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    According to multiple sources we're still owed a significant amount of money.
    https://www.sportbible.com/football...rpool-in-exchange-for-debt-write-off-20210531
    https://www.teamtalk.com/news/barcelona-coutinho-liverpool-proposition-offset-40m
    We have 18m in the balance until he makes his 100th appearance for barcelona. (next time we know to write into the contract 100 appearances for any club in a big 5 league so long as the player is contracted to the buying club).
    And up to 40m still owed? Didn't think it was that high.

10. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s not an issue to us - we sold the debt. We got the money - so while Barca “owe” us - it’s not us they are paying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...ppe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776.amp

(I suppose there could be some default provisions in there - but usually the risk is transferred to the new debt holder. I would guess we probably took a little less from the third party than the whole fee in order to get it up front).

EruditeHobo repped this.
  11. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Harry Wilson will move to Fulham for £12m. He's left the training camp and is heading back to England to wrap up the deal.

I think that's over £30 in sales so far.

LiverpoolFanatic and B.A. repped this.
  12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I bet a sell on fee for us as well.

good sale - considering he had no chance with us. I think he will still become a premier league player at some point.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  13. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We also made over 5 million in loan fees over the past couple of seasons. I’m sure Gruijic did as well. That should be added on to the total value that the player was worth to the club.

14. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Grujic - £10.5m

Awoniyi - £6.5m

Grabara - £3m

Wilson - £12m

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    good biz all around.

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    lots of media saying we bid 86m quid for Chiesa, Juventus said no.

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Interesting if true. Would indicate that the club is willing to pay big money for the right guy.

B.A. and SamScouse repped this.
  18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ignoring Konate* and assuming Wilson goes for the 12m, that price would = a net of 50m quid. fingers crossed we can do a deal close to that for him.

* (I still think we came close to a CB deal last season so that cash was already planned as "money spent" for the club)

19. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they need a Gini replacement and could stand to freshen up the attack. That should really be the minimum.

20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LFC confirm £12m deal with Fulham for Harry Wilson.15% sell on clause. Earlier in summer LFC rejected £6.5m offer from Benfica. Fulham able to complete deal under EFLs strict FFP protocols due to willingness to delay the start of the payments until 2022. -James Pearce

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Edwards strikes again. Great sell-on clause.

All the best, Harry. So close, but didn't quite make the grade. Good luck with Fulham.

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Portsmouth trialist Elijah Dixon-Bonner could depart Liverpool this summer, with the Anfield club looking to move him on permanently.

Sebastian Walukiewicz has been identified as a target by the Merseyside giants, with the 21-year-old potentially available for as little as £8m. Klopp is wary of rushing both Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez into action and the Cagliari center back would provide ample cover for the squad.

Liverpool admire the qualities that AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie possesses.
    I wholly support this move. The dude is damn good.

Liverpool have missed out on PSV attacker Donyell Malen as the striker inches closer to a move to Borussia Dortmund.

Aston Villa have reportedly had a bid for winger Leon Bailey rejected, which could encourage Liverpool to move for the player in the coming days.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/...ill-only-force-a-major-rebuild-in-the-future/
    This article seconds what I've been saying for the last year.
    My view is that every year you should have 2-3 new players in your first XI. We're looking at 2 new players (Thiago and maybe Konate) in the first XI in the last three while we have a group of players all aging out and an unwillingness by either the manager or board to shake it up.

23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jota too.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think (hope) that this year we'll see Harvey come into the first 11. better than most new signings if his progress continues.

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We had a number games where Klopp played his first XI toward the end of the season and Jota was never really chosen over Firmino.