Now, stop linking us with every CB in Europe - LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not so sure there's nothing there , terp. Reportedly talks re new contract have been ongoing for weeks with no progress . Hendo is now 31 so it's possible that the club is reluctant to offer a long term deal in a stance similar to what we saw with Gini.

2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not just the Mail , Sam . Pearce , Ornstein too. Nowadays I rule out nothing in football but I'd hope to see Hendo stick around for a couple more seasons . I think he still has plenty to contribute to the team.

3. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was one of the few who was a HUGE proponent of signing him a decade ago (thank go we have threads going back that far!).
    I've been impressed the way he has adapted his game and grown within the club and tuned his leadership abilities.
    All that said, he'll be 33 at the end of his current contract. Fitness-wise, James Milner he is most definitely not. This is similar to the Gerrard dilemma - a player that is an influential presence and has (or will be in this case) aged out of the side hanging around on the fringes wanting to play more makes it hard to have that natural succession in the squad that is necessary for sustained success -see how Hendo stepped up in the wake of the Gerrard departure. How would his development progressed if SG had hung around for two more seasons? Or is Hendo willing to add a year to his deal at revised terms to reflect the fact that he'll be 7th choice midfielder and 5th choice CB?
    I love the guy, but we should be in his ear about the fact that he can retire a Red legend in 2023 or he can move on at that time a Red legend and follow Stevie's path to MLS or back to Sunderland.

dcc134 repped this.
  4. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Brighton will move to replace Arsenal-bound Ben White with Liverpool defender Nathan Phillips in a £10m transfer.

Liverpool are one of four Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea teenage prospect Lewis Bate, who is out of contract at Stamford Bridge next month.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Normally, I'd be with most of you regarding the Daily Manc. But that story was by Dom King-- he'd have got wind of aught, be it the Henderson camp putting pressure or something else.

6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    According to Dave Maddock , Hendo's demands are.

- Demand the club makes clear if they want him to stay.

- Seek a transfer THIS summer, IF it is clear he isn’t valued by the money men

- Avoid a Wijnaldum situation where he eventually leaves on a free.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    1 - Yes, we want you to stay.
    2 - We are not selling you.
    3 - You can always retire in a couple years. Or we'll give you one more year max - your injury history has been complicated in recent seasons.

dcc134 repped this.
  8. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As if Hendo is going to undo all the good will he’s earned over the past few years to force his way out this summer over money or an egotistical stance of “show you want me to stay”.

9. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Summer sales have begun.

Grujic to Porto -£10.5m.

Awoniyi to Union Berlin -£6.5m

Wingtips1 and Suss repped this.
  10. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Selling Gruijic puts us at 17 team non-home grown players. 17 is the exact amount that clubs are allowed to register in the squad. That means to bring in any more foreign players, more would still need to be moved out. Shaqiri, Origi, and Minamino are all possibilities.

The club must not be worried about it, otherwise they would not have given a contract to Adrian when there was homegrown options out there for third choice keeper.

speker, SamScouse and imasyko repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    good business, esp Awoniyi.

12. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #737 speker, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Yep , it wouldn't surprise me to see all three move on .

13. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk seems to be that Taki is likely to stay

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is agent talk, if ever there was one.

15. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You mean unable to find anybody that wants him...

16. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool could swoop for Odsonne Edouard in a bargain deal with Celtic.

A move to Liverpool remains the ‘greatest probability’ for France international Houseem Aouar.

17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love Aouar. He's the real deal.

18. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    LIVERPOOL PLAYER CONTRACTS
    Expire in 2022:

Divock Origi, James Milner, Loris Karius, Ben Woodburn, Adrian

Expire in 2023:

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Fabinho, Virgil van Dijk, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xherdan Shaqiri, Nathaniel Phillips, Harry Wilson, Rhys Williams, Sheyi Ojo

Expire in 2024:

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andrew Robertson, Alisson, Thiago, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Takumi Minamino

Expire in 2025:

Diogo Jota, Curtis Jones, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Neco Williams, Ben Davies

Expire in 2026:

Ibrahima Konate, Caoimhin Kelleher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ho-Salah-Mane-contracts-expire-two-years.html

Wingtips1 and EruditeHobo repped this.
  19. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are lining up a surprise move for West Ham winger Jarrod Bowen this summer.

John Aldridge has told the Sunday World that Liverpool will have to ponder selling Mohamed Salah this summer if he rejects a new contract.

Liverpool are leading the race to sign French midfielder Houssem Aouar in the summer transfer window.

Liverpool are willing to offer one of two players in exchange for Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul, with Xherdan Shaqiri and Jordan Henderson touted as possible makeweights.

Liverpool have announced a first professional contract for under-18s forward Melkamu Frauendorf, who impressed in his maiden campaign following a move from Hoffenheim.

20. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are monitoring the contract impasse between Franck Kessie and AC Milan this summer, ahead of a potential move for the midfielder.

West Ham will not let Jarrod Bowen leave on the cheap this summer amid reported interest from Liverpool. The London club have put a £35 million price on the wide midfielder.

Wolves would not consider selling Pedro Neto unless a “huge offer” came in for him amid interest from Liverpool and Tottenham.

Liverpool are reportedly ‘weighing up a bid’ for Sparta Prague striker Adam Hlozek.

Liverpool should finally land Timo Werner amid reports he’s open to leaving Chelsea.

West Ham are keen to sign Liverpool centre-back Nat Phillips this summer.

Bayer Leverkusen have made an approach in order to gauge the £15M-rated Nat Phillips’ interest in returning to Germany on a permanent deal.

21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They aren't even trying anymore. Are they using a random sentence generator?

augie and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tee hee hee!

23. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    'tis the season to be silly...

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yep - pick a player name, a team name, and a price tags. push "execute" then take the rest of the day off.

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I mean, I go to a site that is a rumor aggregator and then open the 'article' to see the name of the player and then write my own copy - I could definitely transition into a career as a rumor-monger.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.