Now maybe all the critics that talk about him not scoring goals could shut the hell up, to be honest

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Petke's quote regarding Cahill sums it up in my mind. I had a similar opinion when I heard Taylor Twatman whine during a broadcast. But, after all, Taylor is just one forehead smack from being a vegetable, so I attribute it up to the fact coherant thought is something only from his past.

However, I'm sure some on this board will want to keep yapping, so, let's hear it. I'll probably use this thread to refine my "soccer idiots" blocking filter. :p More likely I will redicule them for Tayloritus, and ask what sort of brain injury they had to give them such low intelligence.

And yes, I will imagine that Cahill is smacking their silly faces when I watch replays of his first goal celebration.

2. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Taylor Twellman... if Juninho scores on a free kick the guy will be out of a job, he'll have nothing left to whine about.

The guy tweets a jab at Barcelona's possession style after last week's CL game as if a) that system hasn't won Barca dozens of trophies in recent years and b) Bayern doesn't have the second highest possession stats in this year's CL.

This guy is seriously the best our country can put forward when it comes to high profile pundits?

3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a million times better than Harkes.

Still...

4. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    "That's not saying much" doesn't even cut it when comparing a commentator to Harkes. Listening to that guy you wondered how it was even possible he used to play the game at an international level.

5. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we can all agree that our color commentator bar is low.....

We've got nowhere to go but up!!!!*

*unless someone rehires Harkes....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

6. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was confident in Cahill. Picked him up to replace Dax. He got me 13 points I think. I also called his 2nd goal. I got nothing against him, I think they will start to go in easier now for him. I'm not dropping Olave to pick Dax back up. If I get a replacement for Henry, he might get dropped.

7. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Strong will save us.

8. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He's part of Portland's duo right? I've liked those guys whenever I've caught a local Portland broadcast.

9. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same. Pleasurable guys to listen to. I have only listened during the highlights though but still they are good.

10. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never understood why people cared so much about commentators and analysts.

BTW, he's entitled to an opinion...

11. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You try waking up in the morning and going online to find a stream for your favorite team and then when you turn the stream on all you hear is "alluwhifreiwufhefrewfregrtkierjwfuhiw".

Then you will know.

12. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Is that supposed to be Arabic?

13. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It can be anything you imagine it to be. I imagine it as the English commentary for all AFC Champions League matches.

14. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Because its nice to have a professional analyze the run of play?

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We can't criticize Cahill for not being worth it because he scored a goal?

16. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, two goals. but sure why not?

17. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't deny it. He is such a dick head for scoring two goals against Toronto. There is poor Toronto, just playing nice mans soccer, and then the Gadafi like beast that is Timothy Cahill comes in and scores two damn goals.

If I ever meet Cahill I would... I would... you don't want to know.

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm a fan of the guy personally, but think he's been kind of a bust as a DP so far. Hopefully that turns around.

19. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is worth it. He reminds me of Per Mertesaker at Arsenal. He is not the guy who you really see making great defensive moves or is able to easily lock-down a player but what Per does so evidently is provide a proper structure to the Arsenal back-line. He makes it a true wall.

That is what Tim does for our midfield. Since being moved back there I have noticed Tim become a lot more agile and the midfield being more solid and and properly structured. Not everyone just being in some random position where you literally have to shout at your TV thinking that you can communicate with the player. Also since being moved there we have seen some good chemistry between him and Henry and Puggy.

So yes, he is worth it. He makes the midfield more solid as a group and he works great with Henry who can remain up top to make dashing runs and daring movements.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think he's a decent MLS player, just not DP-worthy for me. Dax has been a more valuable player over his (Cahill's) time here.

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Cahill, what a joke, players like him suppose to be the cream of the cream but they are old, they suppose to make a impact right away since they come from havens, but because tomorrow for them is to late, they don't have tomorrow and if they don't produce today, for sure they will not produce tomorrow and that is Cahill and Co.....

22. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On that note, now that metz has spoken, I will say one Cahill goal today to put him ahead of Cooper for the season.

kokoplus10, charlie15, cfbest04 and 3 others repped this.
  23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    nice one.

charlie15 and GMangs repped this.
  24. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do what I can.

25. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the joke is on you right now metz...

:D

GMangs repped this.