Nottingham Forest v Reading 8/10/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by Neeto, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, here we go. Opening day is tomorrow. I couldn't stop thinking about the season for the entire summer and now it is finally here. I'm highly optomistic about the season and believe we can get a playoff spot at the very least. For the US supporters, it will be televised on Setanta at 1 Est.

C'mon URZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    Team line ups from sporting life

Nottm For
    1. Paul Smith
    4. Luke Chambers
    5. Wes Morgan
    2. Kelvin Wilson
    29. Julian Bennett
    19. Guy Moussi
    7. James Perch
    14. Arron Davies
    8. Lewis McGugan
    15. Chris Cohen
    10. Robert Earnshaw

Subs
    30. Dale Roberts (GK)
    6. Ian Breckin
    12. Garath McCleary
    26. Matt Thornhill
    28. Emile Sinclair

Reading
    1. Marcus Hahnemann
    22. Liam Rosenior
    31. Ibrahima Sonko
    16. Ivar Ingimarsson
    10. Stephen Hunt
    14. Jimmy Kebe
    15. James Harper
    7. Marek Matejovsky
    17. Bobby Convey
    8. Leroy Lita
    9. Kevin Doyle

Subs
    36. Mikkel Andersen (GK)
    4. Kalifa Cisse
    24. Shane Long
    26. Alex Pearce
    42. Julian Kelly

3. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    http://www.justin.tv/mstv_2

Live feed....Forest hasn't lost a home opener in 25 years

Also, Jem and Noel aren't on the bench...probably to save them for Dag in the League Cup

4. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    It is in the 70th minute and Forest is outshooting us 8 to 2 and taking it to us. Marek was taken off in the 40th minute and we've looked like shite

5. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    The last 20 minutes have been good for Reading but overall, very disappointing play ...especially the midfield. yuk

6. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ft. 0-0.

7. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    0-0 FT

8. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    -Hahnemann - 6 - not much to do. However, he kicks the ball too far. Every time it left our front 2 (3 if you include Kebe) isolated, and we lost the ball nearly every time.
    -Hunt - 7 - OK as a stand in, but I wouldn't be happy to see him there all season. That nutmeg in his own corner was criminal. Delivered a great cross for Doyle's header. Could see he wanted to play LM.
    -Ingimarsson - 7 - played well, recovered well from his early slip.
    -Sonko - 8 - did well against Earnshaw, let almost nothing through.
    -Rosenior - 7 - very solid ...very few crosses from his side and good job defensively
    -Convey - 5 - didn't really do anything, 2 wayward shots.
    -Matejovsky - 5 - did really nothing, then got injured.
    -Harper - 4 - did really nothing, for 90 minutes.
    -Kebe - 5 - Moment(s) of magic, followed by massive periods of utter incompetence.
    -Lita - 6 - looked interested, but as always relied too much on his supposed strength, which never works against CBs 6 inches taller than him.
    -Doyle - 7 - ran and ran, played a few nice balls, and that header at the end

Sub: Cisse 6

Conclusions:

- new LB please. Preferably one who can take set pieces.
    -new ST...preferably a target striker
    -new midfield..preferably one that can pass, move, dribble
    - come back please Bikey.
    - Hahnemann needs to tone down his kicks a few notches, so we have a chance to build.
    -Hammond said on the BBC Berkshire after the game that we're close to signing 2-3 new players...hopefully soon

9. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dissapointing game. Forest looked the better team today by far. Our attack wasn't there at all today. We had one good chance with a Doyle header, but the keeper made an amazing save. The defense looked good though. Sonko, Ivar, and Liam were all solid. I do have concerns over Marek's injury though. I hope its not too serious.

I'll take the point at the end of the day because really, I think we should have lost.

10. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it was a poor display, but Forest reminded me of Derby last season. They passed it about a bit too when we beat them 4-0, but like Forest today, it was one of those rare days when I never felt that the home team would score.

Unlike that day a few months ago, we rarely looked like scoring either. There just didn't look to be any understanding between the players in Midfield. Matejovsky looked unfit (and is significantly less fit now), and Cisse has hardly figured at all pre-season. On the other hand Jem Karacan has looked great pre-season, and I don't know if he was even on the bench (terrible PA system at Forest).

11. rms5555

rms5555 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Eastpointe, MI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a disappointing start. Losing the one spark(Matejovsky) that I can remember from last season and losing to a promoted team. I'll take a point on the road anyday, be we should have done better.

12. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a snoozer. agree with RichardL that Marek didn't look fit. I'd question starting him, but then again it's not like Copps had a plethora of players to choose from. I half expected to see Copps to suit up in the 2nd half.

13. rms5555

rms5555 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Eastpointe, MI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matejovsky Injury Relief Looks like Matejovsky will be ok in a month. Hopefull he can use that time to get his fitness level up. I mean besides getting recovering from the injury.

14. Derrida

Derrida New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    NH, USA
    Excited about the start of a new season. Not tremendously excited about another 0-0 draw to open the year. Couldn't see the game (I have a feeling moving to CA + not having a TV means I'll see very few this year), but based on the reports it sounds like a lot of the same issues that troubled us last year.

Here's hoping Doyle finds his touch again soon, and we romp though the league for a couple months.