Noticias Sobre el Club [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by sidspaceman, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What y'all guys think about Mohamed replacing 'Piojo'?

2. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    dont like it but I was against Piojo becoming our coach two years ago so what do I know.

3. GiLDRiSTA

GiLDRiSTA Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Turco is a damn good coach. Algo muy importante a tener en cuenta es que hace muy buen grupo...lo mismo que predica el Piojo. Tener un grupo unido es vital para cosechar triunfos.

El estilo de juego? Me gustaria que fuese mas ofensivo y creo que el tambien sabe de lo que se trata aqui.

Sera interesante ver a quien traera para sustituir a Mina y Rey...quedo muy claro que no tienen nada que hacer en el Ame, lo mismo que el Jovit (Mina & Jovit have already been confirmed as bajas). Lo he dicho y lo reitero...ahi esta Zuñiga esperando que le den su oportunidad.

Rumores de possible fichajes:

Pablo Aguilar - DEF, segun lo que he leido ya tiene pie y medio en el equipo.
    Andres Rios - DEL, juega en el Deportivo Cuenca, un exRiver...tambien se dice que ya esta amarrado.
    Felipe Caicedo - DEL, nada mas un rumor.

4. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    I suppose in a semi-professional atmosphere like Mexican football players likeing each other is very important.
    Those names you mentioned are all foreign so who is leaving other than Mina.
    Aquivaldo
    Andrade
    Osvaldito

I want to keep Andrade he is way better than Rey and Mina but got very few chances IMO, I think he can be a good partner for Jimenez if they get some games together.

5. GiLDRiSTA

GiLDRiSTA Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nada mas se a confirmado lo de Mina...Yo dejaria ir a Osvaldito. *shrugs*

I like Andrade as well, el talent le sobra pero la neta nunca se adapto al estilo de juego...quiza el Turco le de otra oportunidad y termina rompiendola. :coffee:

6. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pablo Aguilar confirmed.

7. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys already know what I think about Mohamed. he's too defensive minded. Like Tuca. I think he is overrated. He is not that good, nor that bad.

he is not going to rely in the youth which is what i don't like on MX coaches. That's why I wanted Luis Fernando Tena but he went with Cruz Azul. Or Vucetich. He has made almost every team he has coached champion. El Vuce fue multicampeon con Monterrey. gano liga Conchampions. Tiene mejor curriculum que Mohamed. Pero bueno. Ya que...

Also, what I don't like about Mohamed is that there won't be a long term project with him. The most he is gonna last is a year. He doesn't give the youth a chance neither.

Now since Piojo left I wanted a long term project that involved the youth like the U17 players like Alejandro Díaz, Omar Govea, etc... We're not going to have that with Mohamed. He is going to run as soon as he feels like it.

8. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nserting a "inserting a macho type or old school" manager would not be good for the type of team that is there. Not too many options out there so I think it is worth a try. El Turko has a good personality from what I have seen in interviews and comments. He is also a little younger so I think it is a good move.

We just need a holding midfielder to take some pressure off Ruebens!

9. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Tena plays defensive too, and i dunno about the whole youth thing.....that was just the Olympics man. He was playing with what he had.

IMO we need another defensive mid and a mobile striker. Dudes like Rey and Mina dont cut it anymore.

iveman27 repped this.
  10. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I really hope we can sign that Cvitanich guy, the guy reminds me of Chucho. He does not waste any movements, has a great futbol IQ and has a very good shot. Just the player we need.

11. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    gawd no, da guy that was at pachuca a few years ago?

12. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Sambueza used to play for Tecos, players change.

Last year Cvitanich ended the season in 3rd place on the scoring table. The guy is solid.

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
  14. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    Rios is a questionable player. We will have to wait and see if he is a not a bust like Andrade was last season. If we didn't give Sambu the benefit of the doubt when he arrived to America we definitely should NOT give Andy Rios the benefit of the doubt. Let him earn his spot.

15. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He can't be worse than Rey/Mina.

16. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    Mina was garbage, but for what Rey was signed for (off of the bench) I do have to say LG REY had a hell of a season. Rey is a good player and you shouldnt hate on him.

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  17. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    MINA missed a ton of great oppurtunities, LG REY didnt play his best but he contributed though to get to the final. ESE tacito vs TOLUCA en las semis

18. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    wait what?

19. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    the back heel against toluca though. LG rey played a good playoffs just a bad final. dont hat on Rey.

20. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Is it Taquito?

That back heel was served on a silver platter, that guy did not impress at all.....hes a seasoned vet though and did alright for his career overall, you cant deny that.

Good thing they at least attempted to address the striker issue with this new guy, who knows how that goes though.

I also think its a bit early to call andrade a bust......he really didn't play enough and was out of form. When he got here and was playing previously he looked good, piojo didn't play him much though.

The good thing is the bench players will at least be motivated to win a spot......man i srsly just hope this dude turco doesn't fvck up the team or any of our more recent NT players by benching them for some centrie schmuck (Raul, Layun).

21. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to get Andrade involved more. Very talented.

22. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    anyone goin to the WC? Just got my flight and accomodations booked a few weeks ago! Vamos America/mexico lol

23. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

America does not need this guy to be Chucho, but definitely needs to be a couple steps above Mina and Rey. Also Jimenez needs to take a step forward.

24. Gucci

Gucci BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am going , I got tickets for ...one group mexico game , quarter final game ( hopefully mexico) , semi, and the final ... ill be on the field :) hard work pays off my people

25. Gucci

Gucci BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    meh , ojala no salga como mina ....we should give zuniga a chance ...weve got a kid Diaz that is only 18 years old but has showed some solid ball skills as a striker ...I would love to get him involved with the first team ala European style.