Notes from the broadcast

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There did seem to be a lot of empty seats, but I know that a lot of people abandon thier seats to veiw the game from the walkway above.

I did not hear a lot of FCD chants, mainly just the drums. The Fire fans seemed to have louder chants. Actaully, that would be chant. They only seemed to have one. Of course, that all depends on where the dish is.

Some good shots of the Inferno, in particular, El Jefe, Jonno, and Gina. Close ups of Primus Novo, Mego in her ski cap, and TexGator, Gators, GATORS! Someone had a real nice FCD flag, and there was a nice FCD banner. Also a Man U , "Pride Of The North" flag.

Chicago fans seem to be balding. Also, I saw that guy with the Section 8 jersey. I suppose that passes for humor amongst the crack whores.

THE WIT AND WISDOM OF WALDO
    These are accurate paraphrases.

"Nunez has been horrible."
    "O'Brien needs to stay on the wing and play to his strengths."
    "Rhine's mistake was unexcusable (sic)."
    "The only field nicer than this one is Dallas's practice field,"
    "When Dallas get's frustrated, they get snippy. There's Ruiz, yelling at his team mates."
    "The man of the match should be Colin Clarke's substitution pattern."
    "The reason Clarke took his team to England was to show his team how famous he and Steve Morrow are."

Waldo picked FCD to win it all. If he patterns himself as he did last year, that means he will talk about FCD on every telecast.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Grounded.

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    They had Section 8 miked...must have, their cheers sounded way louder on the broadcast, but that wasn't the case in person. I thought the Inferno did well today, but we probably did out-drum the chants as there were so many drummers.

3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the way they'd pan over the Inferno occasionally with the behind net camera to give some closeups of the FCD diehards.

4. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt they had us constantly mic'd. Too many f-bombs.

*waves*

5. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    "a goalkeeper cant go two ways at the same time"

6. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quoth Waldo:

"I think Ruiz scored all those goals last year just to show-up Eddie Johnson."

Yeah, haha, that's great if you say it once, it's kinda amusing. But he said it twice which indicates he really means it.

Okay, Eric. If you say so.

7. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Yep, ya'll are real badasses, it's unheard of for any other supporters groups to cuss in MLS.....hooligans.

8. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do you have a learning disability? I seriously wonder about you.

I'm saying that they probably did not have us constantly mic'd because they know what supporters' groups can be like.

9. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    No, you guys weren't "constantly" miked....and that's why you couldn't hear Sec 8 100% of the time. I'm starting to wonder about learning disabilities myself.

11. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he does attend a state insitution. It is not like real college.

How about you, Clown?

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Grounded.

12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll be greatly amused when you learn that he attends that clown college in the Greater Bryan/College Station Metroplex.

13. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blinn College is not that bad Dustin.

14. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does UNWR have that ranked above OU and UNT? I have never actaully persued the list beyond the top ten.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Grounded.

15. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Additionally, the stadium sent *3* staff members (2 young guys, and 1 affable kinder, gentler "#1 fan") and a few armed officers to the section to tell us to stop the language, so apparently, *no*, the staff is not aware of SGs penchant for bad language. REAL SGs, I mean. SGs whose travel 16 hours by car or plunk down the cash to fly to matches.
    I heard the section very clearly from the 4 corners. I heard almost nothing from the Dallas SG from the mid fields on both sides and the opposite end. Watching the replay of the match, I would agree with you Maniacal that ABC seemed to do everything to make sure the at home listener did not hear us, particularly on the Dull-ass goal kicks (YSA), which seemed to really give the aforementioned interns PMS cramps.
    In any event, nice stadium, good match. Hope to see 50 of ya on the return leg.

P.S. attendance 12-15 thou. Let's face it.... no USMNT-Guatemala promo, no 19 thou tickets sold to yesterday's match. But that is not unique to Dallas. Any team that can host A USMNT, international pro, or international selection (especially Mexican in both cases) will offer a 2fer, and be glad that even half that 1/4 of the crowd shows up later. Perhaps the answer is a voucher. Instead of a ticket to a particular match, the fan can select a regular season match to attend. That way, if they develop any interest later in the season to go to an MLS stand-alone match, they will still have an opportunity to use their freebie.

16. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    You mean like the 25 people who drove 14 hours to Colorado last year in the winter? Or maybe the 25 people who flew to Salt Lake City last year? How many road trips did you make last year? I drove to 13 hours to Colorado twice(once in a blizzard) 8 hours to Kansas City and flew to the game in Salt Lake...I know about 25 people who did most of these also, but you guys can have your fun with the whole were such a badass supporters group....we'll just win the games.

17. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    so does this mean you are gonna drive 16 hours to Chicago? You and 49 other fans? not 25? I noticed that you did not mention Chicago (or LA or SJ or DCU or NE) in your laundry list of road trips last year. Does this mean you guys won't go and support your team win or lose? Just the ones you think you will win? That is NOT a REAL SG. Actually, from perusing your boards, I get the sense you guys have no unity at all. Can't or won't sit together, different chants from individual small groups at the same time, maybe that is why WE WERE THE LOUDEST IN YOUR HOUSE! You owned the field *for the day*. WE OWNED THE HOUSE. OK, this is not the point I was trying to make about your staff and ABC not having experience with a REAL SG, so LAST POST, peace out. See ya in Chicago (well, probably not, actually).

18. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Yes I've already booked my tickets to Chicago as well as many other Inferno people

oooh I only went to three other cities for FC Dallas games last year(I forgot the preseason game in austin) Did I mention that I drive 200 miles a week to see FCD play?

Again what road trips did you make last season?

You have truly proved your section 8 stupidity here. Are you on crack?(sorry stupid question theres an obvious answer to this one) I didn't hear section 8 once....once.....once.

We've owned the field for the past four years actually. You did not own the house. I never heard you once....once....once. Sorry I have to repeat myself but the average chitcago fan has trouble with reading comprehension...among other things.

Again what road trips have you made in the past? I'm assuming none because mommy needs help at the house with her 5 other kids.

You have fun with your little SG games....we'll just keep winning on the field

19. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has there been any word on how tickets will work out?

Hopefully, Chicago will be able to set aside a block of seats for 50 to 100 of us.

20. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I'm sure Kevin will work something out.

21. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great.

Hopefully, they'll give us a decent sized allotment -- I can see making a road trip to Chicago with 4 to 6 of my family and their friends.

22. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Awesome, I know we have at least 15 or so people in already.

23. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    You, madam, are a douche.

We are a real supporters group.
    We support the team with our heart, soul, and sometimes limited pocketbooks. You support each others' balls with your chin.

We give back to the community with silent auctions, donations and our time. We suffered through a 24-hour tailgate in August in a parking lot. We participate in far more community-related endeavors than you can imagine. The only thing could consider community giving is when you all play "Give the Sausage to a Pole." And yes, you retard, that's a gay sex joke. And a Polish joke too.

We have different chants break out at different times because we have more than one chant.

If, you think you were the loudest in our house, there must have been a little echo in your ears from being by the tunnel.

And if you think that THIS board expresses the unified Inferno opinion, you're straight up retarded. We don't have a unified opinion on anything except for the love and support of our team. We're not a cult who takes more pleasure in being clever than getting 3 points and being at the top of the table.

Oh by the way, did I mention that you're a tw^t?

24. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're so worried about losing that you're going to skip out on the game?

Typical Fire fan.:p

25. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    Wow, some fan rivalries developing...Passion, grudges.."we're" better than the other fans...THIS IS WHAT MLS NEEDs lol

BTW, the Fire fans could be heard more clearly than the FCDs ones when I was watching.