NOT the new Game Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by shelbo, Mar 17, 2011.

1. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not the new game thread - I'm sure Tsaldana will be by any second to get that going, but . . .

Are Omar and JPA going to be available on Sunday?

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    JPA has the flu so he will probably be available unless it's a really bad case. Omar I have no clue. Shoulder injuries are iffy. His shoulder could just be sore or it could actually be damaged so I have no clue about him. Also what about ricketts?

3. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere - can't remember where - that he wasn't called in to the national team precisely because of his injury. So I'm thinking he (Omar) might be a no-go again.

course, there is a chance that was just somebody spouting off their opinion as fact. That has occasionally happened on the Internet. :D

4. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though this is not the game thread, I'd like to see our new acquisitions Lopez and Cardozo, as well as Mike Stephens get some more time. We are going to need true depth this year. Last year Stephens and Juninho came in and contributed minutes right away, and we will need some newbies this year, too.

5. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the line-up I'd like to see this weekend:
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]Angel, Donovan, Stephens, Birchall, Juninho, Becks, Dunivant, Gonzo, Leonardo, Franklin, Saunders[/LINEUP-4-4-2]
    ... although I wouldn't mind seeing AJ in place of Leonardo, and if Ricketts is healthy, he should be in there too.

Not keen on Barrett. He's not bad, but I think..
    Stephens@LM + LD@F > LD@LM + Barrett@F

I would love to see LD and Becks closer together (maybe with more of a 4-4-1-1 than a 4-4-2). I think getting LD running all around up top and working quick combinations with Becks, Juninho, and JPA would be a lot of fun to watch.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Haha well that person was probably me! But no I was using logic and not opinion, mostly. A guy like Omar is just right outside the national picture but bob likes to use him due to his age, skill and potential. He is a lot like ream just a little more experienced and my biased opinion says his ceiling is being an Onyewu type player. Also, if you think about it, Omar couldn't play the opener for us, so how could he be called into the national team?

1 person likes this.