Not surprised Stott isn't at WC [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Arisrules, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    He royally screwed Chivas on three plays tonight. One clear PK, one FK just outside of the box or PK, and of course, not letting O'Brien come on, when the whole freaking Chivas team was just sitting there.

Even he was surprised that Dunivant was throwing the ball, because he whistled AFTER THE BALL HAD BEEN THROWN IN.

What a freaking joke that was. If I was Bradley tonight, I'd be livid.

Screw Landon for MOTM...it's all about Stott.

2. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Stott totally blew the first one as Garcia was grabbed by Ihemelu, but I thought Garcia went down very easily on the second one. I don't blame Garcia for trying to draw that foul since refs are often tempted to give the makeup call when its obviously they missed one earlier.

3. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stott, Hall, whoever else MLS pretends to roll out there as a ref can all remain in FIFA's septic tank. Way to represent for your fellow Americans:rolleyes:

4. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Look on both plays, there was a legitimate foul. The defenders were putting their hands on top of Garcia's shoulder's...that is a foul, anyway you put it.

And the no-sub call? That was GUTLESS. Thank God he's not at the world cup, he would have embarassed us with his horrible calls.

5. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    Stott didn't help Landon beat three chivas players for that awesome pass on the second goal though. Thats why landon is the man, he can cry all he wants but when he carries his team to victory like that i guess you can be a crybaby!

6. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    This bears to be repeated. MLS is not responsible for the officiating. You can blame a lot of other things on MLS but you can't blame them for the refs. It is the soccer federation's job in every country (as far as I know) to provide the refs for their domestic league. The USSF is directly responsible for the officiating in the MLS and there is little that the MLS can do about that.

7. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is the second game Chivas got robbed this season. First foul in the box should have been a PK, no question about it. And the first Gals goal was freaken joke.

8. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    The officiating can be from USSF to freaking Mars, it still has to be addressed. For officiating to cost a single team two games in a row is pretty poor.

9. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    I dont think Landon Donovan is a referee cuz He not Stott personally beat chivas.

10. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Well there would have been nothing to beat if Dunivant can't throw the ball in when he does, and Chivas gets two PKs.

MOTM Kevin Stott.

11. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, but if Chivas had the PK that they should have, it probably would have changed the game. Plus..., on the throw-in, they were all waiting for JOB to sub in, including the REF himself.

12. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    There is a ref conspiracy against Chivas USA. You know it, I know it, the little kids watching from the stands know it, THE WORLD KNOWS IT!

It is time to raise our voices and boycott mls!

13. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    You are right. Stott missed the PK but these things happen every week in all leagues not just MLS ( in fact refs make mistakes in every sport)

Why was Chivas waiting for a sub if the ref never signaled a sub anyway? The first thing you learn as a kid is to play the whistle, Stott never signaled the sub to come on so Chivas should have been ready, no excuses.

14. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    I agree. Chivas have been victims of cruel and unfair treatment by the refs. I will inform PETA of this immediately.

15. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    that's the thing, Stott was looking over to the sideline, turns around, realizes that Dunivant was thorwing the ball in, and THEn whistles to start play. It was a complete hackjob.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well... I know that.

But when the SAME CLUB get vitimized for two games in raw by officiating make me wonder, there is something wrong. For example, about the PK call.... I knew that Stott was going to pull the yellow card, because every ref in the US seems to think that everytimes Mexian falls, it's a simulation. Am I right or wrong, tell me that?

17. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    He did dive the second time though.

I am just glad it was an american in landon donovan who beat the "mexican team" or you might see it as an american in kevin Stott who beat the "mexican team". it was a pretty good game either way. cornell glen could have had 4 goals if he put two away in the first half.

18. BackDoorMan

BackDoorMan New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Garcia went down easy both times when he felt contact and the handball wasn't intentional. I don't think chivas got screwed today or last weekend.

19. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Donovan tonight really brought to light how great he can play when he's motivated.

Hopefully, he'll grow up a bit more, and decide to go back to Europe sometime down the road.

I think he'd fit in great at a mid-table EPL team like Everton or Man City.

20. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    The first one he was held back and went down. The second one he was touched and went down.

21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This actually goes much higher up than the refs, MLS and USSF.

God doesn't like Chivas.

22. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Of course not. God's a DC United fan. Why else do you think the sky is black at night with a bunch of stars showing.

Sachin

23. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    To not only miss the clear penalty but give a dive call was ludicrous.

There may not be a "conspiracy", but perhaps many individual refs don't like Chivas for some reason or other.

Then again, there's also the biggest conspiracy in the league as far as refs are concerned--INCOMPETENCE.

24. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't fathom God being a DCU fan...that would mean God is a big fan of El Diablo.... and worse still ......of Dema and his evil apprentice, Ben Olsen...

25. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conspiracy against Chivas? I'm not sure, but poor refereeing decisions this weekend? You bet. Anyone care to comment on the PK Columbus "earned" against the Fire?