Not sure where else to ask this

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by HSEUPASSION, Apr 14, 2009.

1. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I'm asking because you guys are closest to the area, though I know Florida is large.

Do you think Pensacola could host a PDL (or even USL-2) team in it's proposed multi-use stadium? http://www.pensapedia.com/wiki/Community_Maritime_Park

I know Panama City has a PDL team, and that Florida has a lot of soccer being played.

What do you guys think?

2. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Since it has a minor league baseball team as a tenant already signed up. I would say no. Playing soccer on a clay infield is not good. A PDL team is about the most Pensacola could support. The FESL is supposed to have a team there next season I believe.

Isn't there any other venues in town?

3. BlackCoffee&Bourbon

BlackCoffee&Bourbon New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Monticello, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Maybe they could play somewhere on the University of West Florida campus? No idea. I wish Tallahassee would get a team.... *sigh*

4. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I believe that Tallahassee is a prime candidate for a FESL team in 2010.

5. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    It'd be interesting if all the Florida teams played in a State Cup. It's a pipe dream but it'd be cool.

6. BlackCoffee&Bourbon

BlackCoffee&Bourbon New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Monticello, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I did not even know the FESL existed. A team in Tallahassee would rock.

7. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The FESL currently has eight clubs along Florida's East Coast, stretching from Jacksonville to Miami. The FESL has plans to cover Florida pretty much and then even some places in Georgia. Next year expect to see teams on the west coast and panhandle area. I have no idea what their master plan, but they are looking to start a regional 2nd division under the 1st division that would be split geographically. Promotion/relegation, the whole works.

I have never seen a match, but they seem pretty organized, although their website could use some work.

Would be nice to see a league develop that supports the USL clubs in the state. Reserve sides for the Rowdies and Miami FC could be entered into the FESL.

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I appreciate the FESL plug. Don't get me wrong but I dig it when people let me know what is wrong with the league... love to hear what you'd like to see done to improve your opinion on the website.

We play for you, so don't hesitate to let us know what it is you want. It's your league.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The team pages could be fleshed out a bit more and maybe I missed it are there links to the clubs' own websites? I don't care for each team has essentially one long page with all out dated random info. The teams need someone who can write copy and post actual news features about the teams to their pages.

That is the main suggestion. The promotion/relegation feature on your site is really well written, but 90% of what is on the site is a jumbled collection of news releases (and bare bones ones at that).

Like the league, I know the site is a work in progress. Good luck with the season and see you guys in Tampa next year.

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    that's why i like the looks of this league. agree the website could use some work, but this is the kind of mentality that a small state league should have. why i created this one:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917335