North Korea walks off the field

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 12, 2003.

1. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    can u just post it here? I have to fill out some info etc. to get to the site and ugh, u know what that means! Cookies, junk, and advertisements!

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    basically it says that n. korea walked off the soccer field during its asian cup qualifier against iran after a firecracker thrown from the stands injured a north korean player. iran was leading 1-0 at the time.

3. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    crazy fans.....

[​IMG]

4. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
  5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    I've heard that the player faked it; a bit like the Chilean keeper in that famous world cup qualifier.

6. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    but throwing firecrackers on the pitch is much more stupid

7. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i thought the north koreans did something real dumb before i heard what happened. It turns out that although their action was a bit extreme, you can't fault them for walking off the pitch.

the situation is so bad that NK could probably ask for a rematch.

throwing firecracker to the players cannot be dismissed merely as an act of support. Unlucky hit could blind him and his career away in an instance.

8. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    I like watching games in Azadi stadium, the atmospere is amazing (one of the members discribed it as hardcore).
    I hope this incedent wont harm that image.

9. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

new video

I don't think the fire cracker was aimed at the player i dunno u be the judge here is a new video of the incident http://www.iransport.net/mpg/azadegan/1382/bomb_0.mpg
    Hmm stuff like this always happen in IRAN when the top 2 teams eses and pp play it happens in turkey and argentina as well i dunno what makes this different. 1 iddiot fan screws the whole nation now afc might take the home advantage away from us.

10. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    It is one thing to throw a fire cracker somewhere near the pitch, it is another to throw it in a crowd where your players and the oppenents are.

The fan is a real idiot and I hope he is in jail tonight.

The Ref wanted to resume the game, but the Koreans refused to play.

11. Shahryar

Shahryar New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    USA
    There are always fans that do stupid things like that in sports, which in turn ruin it for everybody else. I too hope, that the fan spends some long time in jail, to at least set an example for other "Brilliant Minds" out there.

From the game's standpoint, the Koreans left the game without permission from the referee, which should automatically result in their disqualification. In fact, I believe that the referee tried to resume the game, but was unable to do so, as the Koreans had already made up their mind on leaving the pitch.

I hope this incident does not tarnish Iran's reputation in this one area. As most of you may know, this is officially the first time such a thing happened in Iran (at least where international games were concerned.

12. LiveinYokohama

LiveinYokohama New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    North Korea abandoned the game of ice hockey in the Winter Asian Games 2003.
    Opposing the judgment of a referee, they escaped in the middle of the game.
    North Koreans are very egocentric and irrational. They are crazy.

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    The NKs are pretty egocentric and irrational, no doubt about that. If not, they wouldn't be smuggling cars, planting marijuana, and building nuclear bombs for the "great leader" while hundreds of thousands of them die from malnutrition each year.

I think the game should be treated as a forfeit by the NKs with a 2-0 score. And I think the Iranian FA should be fined. This is an ugly incident that should be resolved with an iron hand.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    That seems like a fair solution. Or have Iran play their next match in an empty stadium.

Throwing a firecracker is inexcusable but the proper thing to do would have been to talk to the official and stadium security, then walk out if nothing is resolved. But it seems typical of NK to make a scene and embarass the other side to get their way (i.e. the University Games this summer).

15. NASL Fan

NASL Fan Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks more like a mortar blast that a "firecracker." That's huge. And the guy on the right is covered in smoke. It looks like he took the brunt of the blast

16. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    N. Korea was already out of the race regardless the outcome of the game, so I don't think they purposely walked off the field. Whether the player was hurt or not, think about the mental shock. Do you think he could've played up to his full potential if the game was continued?

If similar thing happens when Korean Olympic squad plays in Azadi next year, I want my team to do the same thing. If AFC wants to forfeit the game, let it happen. I never believed the organization to be fair anyway. I rather not see my team in Athens than watching them exposed in such a life-ending danger.

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how you can fake that. Look at the smoke coming off the guy. What a shame.

How's that player doing anyway? Any reports on his status or injuries?

18. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say this description would fit the person who threw the "firecraker" more than the Koreans.

19. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    no doubt a fire cracker is a minor threat. so they do kinda look like whimps from a 3rd person perspective.
    but if ur playing a game in a crazy atmosphere, ur the enemy and something explodes right by ur head seemingly out of nowhere, thats gonna freak u out.
    even if ur fine 5 seconds later. mentally ur prolly a lil messed up. im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to concentrate fully after that.

20. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Mode note

Cool it guys. Take the personal or nationalistic smacktalk to Rivalries. And if you have facts, back them up with a source.

PM me with questions, complaints etc.

Thanks

21. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jordan played vs North Korea today, and the same player that got "hit" by the fire cracker was playing vs Jordan. More proof that he was faking.....

22. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suppose the turbulance created by the firecracker punctured the player's eardrum? Then what?

insult deleted

23. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    I disagree with your post and your combative tone.

24. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Read Metrophenomenal's post above. Explains the North Korea's view very well.