North-American Football Manager/Worldwide Soccer Manager website

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by GeordieInExile, Nov 26, 2004.

1. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed that's what I did I think my local gamestop is getting 2 copies

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the FM patches released on the sigames.com site work with Worldwide Soccer Manager?

3. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a separate patch and it should be out sometime this week according to SI Games

4. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Well, despite the website pushing back the estimated arrival until Dec. 20, I just received an email that it was shipped out to me last night. It's going to be a HAPPY SOLSTICE for me, this year!!! [​IMG]

5. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh joy. My game no longer crashes ineplicably with the patch.

Season 2 here I come.

6. stattosoftware

stattosoftware New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Should I bother going to Gamestop and requesting WSM? I've heard that the MLS isn't worth playing. I haven't bought any of the CMs in the past, and I'm already addicted to a game that has a very good MLS & player interaction, so I may be going way out of the way for something that doesn't even last for an hour on my hard drive.

7. GeordieInExile

GeordieInExile New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    As a tester I can let you know that the MLS is something that IS being looked at for a second patch. :)

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What game is this?

I don't have FM 2005 or WSM 2005 yet so I can't speak to them, but the previous versions of CM were all excellent. I spent countless hours pouring over numbers trying to get to the top. I do plan on buying the new WSM version when I get a chance. Based on their history I recomend the game. If GeordieInExile is correct then they should have a better version out soon via patch.

9. stattosoftware

Feb 3, 2003
    Will the second patch be downloadable or will it be part of WSM?

The game is called Sick as a Parrot, http://www.machoward.com/ . Instead of pouring over numbers, like you said, you have to talk to your scouts and coaches to determine who you should play in your squad, and motivate your players accordingly by talking to them. You never physically see your players' numerical attributes, you get comparisons from your coaches and have to base who you play off of their statistics. It's really not that easy, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. Database is nowhere near as big as FM/WSM but I highly recommend it.

10. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Key problem with FM's MLS is the lack of the expansion teams. I'm not sure where it stands asfar as if we will have to wait for next year or next patch for ChivasUSA and RSL, but it is one thing that I wish didn't happen.

11. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SI has stated all along that the expansion teams would not be added to the patch but would be available for WSM/FM 2006

12. GeordieInExile

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    Second patch will be downloadable. Other additions that can't be added into a patch will be added for FM2006/WWSM2006.

13. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The data for MLS is also poor, which isn't a surprise as the same researcher was kept on and his past work was sub-par. I don't know why SI would allow something as simple as missing 2003 stats to let slip by.

14. stattosoftware

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm not surprised the expansion teams are not in there. It would be quite laborious to do all that programming for something that time would make redundant rather quickly...

On the subject of patches, if I buy the game I'll still need to download the patch(es)? That's not good considering my 56k...

15. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The patches aren't too bad. I think in the 14mb range. Data updates are much larger. I also have 56k, so I just start a dl session before I go to work or before bed.

16. GeordieInExile

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    You may want to consider getting a download manager too. Should you get disconnected, it'll save the download from where you left off. :)

17. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the best way to get the game in the US is via Gamestop.com.

Their store availibility link for locations around Denver says only one has any in the store and no more are on the way, out of 14 stores in the area. They obviously don't see any demand for the game.