Norn Iron vs Scotland?? Feb friendly

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by CW1980, Oct 24, 2004.

1. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    I reckon the Jocks would be bricking themselves at the prospect and so this probably won't happen.

2. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    That’s all we need, another dent to our fragile confidence (As a Scot, I have the right to be pessimistic and I’m assuming we’ll lose)!

A good trip for the Tartan Army though ;)

3. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Aye right!

The shame of losing to the wee paddies holds no fear for us now.;)

4. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This should be match of the century :rolleyes:

5. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    Well, after we beat the Scots we could officially call ourselves the best team in the UK, seeing as three points at Old Trafford next March are a formality.

6. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Nah, that was England vs. France at Euro 2004.:D

7. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    my god, we'd probably be favourites.........i wonder how long (if ever) since we've been favs to beat scotland?

really hope this happens, it would be fantastic to get to play england, scotland, and wales in one year for the first time since the home championships were dropped.

honestly guys, isn't it about time they restarted again? whats the point of meaningless friendlies playing crappy football against far flung teams when we could use the gaps in the calendar for the home nations championship? full houses at every game, blood and thunder football, full telly coverage.........wouldn't it be great?

8. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Yes, but we can't have all these hooligans in London now, can we?:rolleyes:

9. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    Unfortunately, by the time it was last played, the games were far from this. Gates of a few thousand at Wrexham are my abiding memory.

Anyway, we won't be playing in it again until the Jocks give us our goalposts back.

And can you imagine the challenge presented to them by a brand-new Wembley stadium?

10. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Scoreless draw.

11. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    That ridiculous arch would be some challenge;)

12. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    Bleedin' Welsh, spoiling it for everyone... ;)

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    A tourney on divided Cyprus should include Northern Ireland, North Korea & Taiwan!

14. DarthTrickster

DarthTrickster New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Inverness, Scotland
    Ah, but by Feb Berti Vogts will (hopefully) no longer be Scotland manager, and we should be on the rise again! Please!? :confused:

15. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
  16. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
  17. DJ_RFC

DJ_RFC New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I fear we're gonna lose, i really am NOT looking forward to this game, anyone hear the rumour about Scotland facing Turks & Caicios Islands??? the second WORST team in the world?? It never did happen but i wonder what the score would have been

18. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    We would have absolutely anhialated them. We're shite by our standards but, please, it would be men against boys.

19. DJ_RFC

DJ_RFC New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Scotland
    yeah i suppose so

20. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    I think we have a better squad of players than Northern Ireland. If we get the right manager in charge I would fully expect us to win. We are not as bad as Berti made us look! Then again Northern Ireland will expect to win as well. Being at home and all that.

21. DJ_RFC

DJ_RFC New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Yeah I think we lost 2-0 on our last visit to Northern Ireland, early 1980's

22. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    The last team NI beat was some Carabean Island - so i dont know what your so worried about. Ok im joking we would humilate you.

23. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    I would actually dispute this (surprise, surprise!). I think we're much of a muchness at the moment, but Norn Iron's team spirit is understandably higher at the moment.

If I could pick one Scottish player for NI, it would be Barry Ferguson, he's a genuinely excellent footballer.

But I'm happy enough with the rest of our side and wouldn't swap the likes of Maik Taylor, Damo Johnson, Aaron Hughes, David Healy, etc for anyone who has represented Scotland recently (aside from the aforementioned).

Bring it on!

24. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    FU<K AYE! I'm looking foward to this game now. Just you wait till we get a proprer manager.

25. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Has the game been confirmed?