[non-soccer/fire] need good translation website

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by quarterUltra, Sep 14, 2002.

1. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [mods: this is also in Poland forum. I did not want it lost in the off-topic boards either. Thanks.]

English > Polska slang

I would flip through a book that I have -- and could very well get me in trouble one day -- but it's still in storage in Chicago.

Basically, what I'm looking for right now is what a Polish girl might call a woman -- along the lines of "whore". I know there are variations among the countryside, but let's stick to the Warsaw area. On the other hand, if there is something more obscure from another area that isn't used as often but is considered very vulgar I will consider that also.

This is for a book. I have not decided where the girl is from in Poland, but she has been living in Chicago for the past 6 months and recently moved to NYC. She is 19 in 1998, if time is an issue -- as slang does change form year to year . . .

If you do not wish to post the words here and fear the rath of the the mods, please email me offlist at hori_too@yahoo.com. This is better actually since then you can email the proper letter spelling. Or at least be able to tell me where the little marks go on the letters if necessary.

Please be honest. This word will not be translated in writing but one other character in the scene will know what it means and the girl will be slapped for her utterance.

Thanks. Dzienkuje.

Kirsten

2. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

So you're hori_too. (I'm part of the Fire yahoo group.) But anyway, sorry, I don't know.

3. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found out from some of my Polish friends, Kirsten.

Pawel and Konrad say that these words will work:

Dziwka, Kurwa or Prostytutka. Can anybody back me up?

4. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

I don't know Polish but, prostytutka sounds like one. (if you know what I mean)

5. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    How about "Vaudreuil"?

6. FFan

FFan New Member

Oct 27, 1999
    Naperville, IL
    How about "move on" and "enjoy it while it last"

7. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member