Nobody has a problem with the tix prices??

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Don Boppero 3000, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just check out the Fire web site and saw that the section 8 ticket prices jumped $7 dollars. Does anyone have any problem with this.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Section 8 ticket prices did not jump 7 dollars.

They are currently 15 for individual games.

They are listed as 20 for SF, but with purchasing season tickets or as a group, you will proabbly pay about the same as now.

So it's 5 at most, and probably less, if anything. Not unreasonable considering prices haven't changed for awhile and we're moving to a different facility.

3. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's still about a 33% increase in price and not everyone (me) buys season tickets or brings a group big enough to get a discount. In addition what is the increase in parking fees? I was just curious if anybody thought this to be a bit much.

4. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Shut up

Either buy the ticket or don't but whining is not an option.
    This is not too much for the best team in the only league in the country.

Too many threads about this already.

5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No consumer likes price increases especially me but considering we are going into a new stadium it isn't too unreasonable. The parking fees are not in the Fire's control.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    You are in section 8. Even in Naperville, there are 500+ people in your section.

Put 15 together and buy group tickets. This isn't rocket science. Or, better yet, split the cost of a FlexPlan.

7. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes it would be easy for me to hook with up you guys here on BS and set something up. But in regards to the new fans they're trying to attract I think its a bit much. I just finished reading the parking price thread and feel this is no longer an inexpensive family outing. Not that I have a family.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    The tickets behind section 8 are 15 dollars.

The low-end price for coming to a game is not changing.

9. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    I went to a Fire match in July and I thought the prices were a bit steep- over $20 for general admission if I'm not mistaken. Also, the drive to Naperville about 1 hour each way from where I was staying in Lincoln Park (it seemed like we could have made it to Iowa in that amount of time).

A general admission Rapids ticket is $15- increased from $13 last season. I bet the Rapidos could get over 30,000 people at their games on a regular basis if the GA ticket price was between $5 and $10.

10. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

hmm.. missed that! Anyway why are they charging us more. You would think they would want more people sitting in "section 8" cheering the Fire like us.

On a side note, sitting in the South end means that the top rows are the best place to see the game.

11. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Dream on.

12. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    whatevah

I don't want to start a flame war or anything, so please take this as it is, coming from a longtime, though hardly rabid fan, who sorta keeps aware of what's going on without making it his life's work:

Looks an awful lot like the supporters are getting gouged.

m

13. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes a $5 increase is a little steep but considering the fire hadn't raised prices in a few years and they are going into a new $600 million stadium it really isn't that bad.Maybe if they had increased it every year a dollar or two we wouldn't complain so much. I thought my tickets were going from $32 to $70. At the time I would have been overjoyed with only a $5 increase.Thanks to Peter I will only pay a $5 increase and actually with the season ticket discount only $3.

14. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I think the general idea is to charge a little more for the supporters section becuase Families frequently buy the cheapest tickets and end up in section 8 when they clearly don't want to be standing for the whole game. This is one of the best ways to prevent families from getting angry. And I don't think we are getting gouged. It's a new stadium, the front office does more for us than any other group. If you are a season ticket holder it is still an increase but the sky isn't falling. It still sucks but when was the last ticket increase?

15. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, i'm not a fire fan, but dang, we're talking about 15 home games a year! how much does it cost you to go to a Sox game, or a Cub game, or heaven knows, a Bears or Bulls game. get over it! I'm paying the same here in DC and i'm just happy to have this in town!

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to say that. The only difference being that parking is free at Comisky. But even that doesn't bother me. I'm willing to pay a little extra because I know the money is going to the club I love. And, unlike a Sox game, I know the money i'm spending at the game is going back into the club and the league. Not Reinsdorf's pockets.

17. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL!

More motivation to change the laws of these lands!

18. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    So legalized marijuana would mean more money for soccer tickets?

There's gotta be a good bumper sticker slogan in there somewhere.

19. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm for that one!

20. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Bulls games may be expensive, but they're going to be totally sweet, bordering on rad this year! I'm not happy that they dumped Freddie "The Mayor" Hoiberg, but Crawford, Curry and Baxter/Fizer are going to tear it up nonetheless. But that's more of a sidenote... back to my point:

I like how the new pricing system effects me because there is finally some differentiation between cheap seating and the supporters section. I wouldn't mind paying 5 bucks more per game just to have the soccer moms leave us alone. But I don't think that's even an issue because season tickets for supporters aren't going to change much more than a few dollars per game... aren't they? Whatever, I'm from Naperville so money's not an issue anyway... as long as I get my Starbucks on time and I can drive to the game in my oversized H2, I'll be happy.

Go Bush! ttyl, C U L8er!
    Flynn

21. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    DOUBLE POST

I have self-diagnosed glaucoma! And this doctor's perscription is: Frequent Organic Treatment

booya!

22. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002

Where do you park, out of curiosity?

23. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Reprising from an earlier thread

Single Game Ticket Prices

V P R S FH
    1999 25 20 15 10 10
    2000 28 23 17 12 12
    2001 28 23 17 12 12
    2002 30 25 20 15 15
    2003 30 25 20 17 15
    2004 75 30 25 20 15

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No

2003 35 30 25 20 17 15
    2004 75 40 30 25 20 15

25. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    it should be:

- - - - V - G -P -R - S FH
    1998 - - 25 20 15 10 10
    1999 - - 25 20 15 10 10
    2000 - - 28 23 17 12 12
    2001 - - 28 23 17 12 12
    2002 35 30 25 20 15 15
    2003 35 30 25 20 17 15
    2004 75 40 30 25 20 15

and also note that a large number of seats that were formerly in the premier category have been moved into the gold category, thus raising the prices for those seats from $25 to $40.

Did I hear someone say gouging?