Noah Leeds in Spain

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Seems quite upset. I think we should at least try to integrate the lad into our system. If you check his twitter you can see he's doing quite well. Feel bad.

Lookingforleftbacks and largegarlic repped this.
  3. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I can understand his frustration, but it might also help him to play with this chip on his shoulder. Go out there everyday to prove that the US youth coaches are idiots (not that much more proof is needed), get yourself consistent minutes in La Liga, and the call-ups will take care of themselves.

wixson7 repped this.
  4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His club plays in the Segunda Division de Andalusia, 1st Seville group. That's the seventh level of Spain's pyramid. If he's good, we'd expect him to jump up 5+ divisions very soon. Until then, I think the USSF is justified in looking at other players.

wixson7, PhillyFury and Winoman repped this.
  5. petsnyc

petsnyc Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    His team plays in the highest level of Spain's youth pyramid Juvenil Division De Honor. There is no higher division/tier than his for U19 in Spain. He's not asking for a call up but an invitation to a camp so the USSF can look at him.

6. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what a call up is, though.

frankburgers, wixson7 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  7. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious as to how he's playing and if he's producing.

Competing in Juvenil Division de Honor doesn't warrant a look by itself imo.

What is he doing in the league is the question.

wixson7 repped this.
  8. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Someone hit up his dad on twitter, maybe he would provide some info. I would but I don’t have a twitter account.

9. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Isn't petsnyc his dad? Pretty sure he is.

10. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hm, looking at the table it seems Nervion currently sits in 13th place out of 18 teams. I'm sure the level of play is quite high, just curious why the player is no longer in the Sevilla system, or if he is still there training, but just playing games with this team. Seems a bit odd. As for the urge to get a call up to the national team, I can share my own experience. My son is a 06 in Slavia Prague's system. It was suggested I contact scouting at the USSF. I did. They wrote back, thanking me for my interest. Before they could go forward, they wanted video of my son. (I'm working on getting that). Based on that, the federation will decide whether to send a scout for a closer look, and then maybe the invite. I agree trying to go about this is probably not the wise way to go. I'd say focus on improving, and if you're good enough the attention will come...

11. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Could be. The twitter account is a couple posts up.

12. DanielS1085

DanielS1085 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 8, 2017
    His next step should be posting some sort of extended highlights or even a full match where he plays the full 90. Give people something that's easy to watch and share.
    I took a quick look and I didn't see anything like that.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  13. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. We are so good that we shouldn’t even touch base with a player who’s trying to be successful. I mean, a phone call to a coach is expensive if you don’t have an international plan. Or an email. Or DM on Twitter. Think of how hard it would be to say “Hey Noah, keep up the work. We are going to be keeping track of you!” I mean, that’s at least all of your soul being raped like a colon by fiber. What a dick, this kid.

We are America! We almost qualified for a WC Playoff berth! Does he even know who we think we are?!

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  14. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a million kids trying to be successful.

What's your point?

frankburgers and wixson7 repped this.
  15. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think complaining on Twitter is going to win him any fans at the federation. I suspect if he was playing within the Sevilla system, the federation would definitely be tracking him. Again, something seems odd. That's not to downplay his achievements so far. But reading through this forum, you can see there are lots of eligible players out there, many at top clubs in Germany, for example. One more point, I don't understand the obsession with hooking up with the national team. Again, focus on the task at hand, win a spot in a senior squad, and secure a juicy, fat contract. That should be the goal, not the national team.

wixson7 and butters59 repped this.
  16. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, let me please say that I concede your point: if there are a million kids in this exact situation, then it is unlikely that the USSF has the resources to make a symbolic contact with Noah. I will let you explore the truth tables for conditionals on your own.

My point is that in the real world there is zero cost to emailing this kid or even contacting Sevilla for a report on him. What is more, given the abysmal performance of our federation, an aggressive approach to talent identification should be a priority.

I have a tangential point, too, that you folk are being hysterical moralists, schoolmarms, and chest-thumpers. It'd be super funny if the US wasn't a complete disgrace. But, well, the US is a complete disgrace.

17. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everything you said except the last part. Different things may be more important to other people. If he loves his country and playing for the flag is his ultimate goal, how can you fault him for that? Everyone has different goals.

18. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #68 PhillyFury, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Of course, playing for the national team is the pinnacle for any player, and it is more than admirable that he wants to represent the U.S. But that only comes once you prove yourself at the club level. It just doesn't work the other way around. I guess the question is that given his accomplishments at the club level so far whether he's 'earned' it. I suggest the kid's father contact 'scouting' at USSF and plead his case, including video. If he's a prospect in the Sevilla system, they would likely at least be intrigued and look at his file. Even I got a response for a kid who's not even 12 yet...But moaning on Twitter is not doing yourself any favors....

Gamecock14 and TxEx repped this.
  19. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    If he was with Sevilla, sure. But he isn't. He is on a youth team of a semiprofessional club.

frankburgers and PhillyFury repped this.
  20. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #70 PhillyFury, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Ding ding! Yeah, I think that is the crux of the issue. If he's at Sevilla, hard to imagine the USSF is not aware of him, even given all the incompetency rife inside U.S. soccer.

21. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol and this gets at my subliminal point.

You're on some weird tangential high ground tip. No one made the kid out to be a dick like you originally accused.

Starting to think there's a family relationship here. There's obviously something else going on for you on the subject.

frankburgers and Thundering165 repped this.
  22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He's at Nervion. Someone please change the title.

23. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Case closed lol

24. petsnyc

petsnyc Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Like I said in a previous post I know
    his family. I am Noah's Godmother

Winoman repped this.
  25. petsnyc

petsnyc Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    His highlight reel is coming. Most of the games he currently plays do not allow filming by the audience only the club. His coach is getting the footage together for him.

This was on his Twitter.

chrome_vapors, Winoman and DanielS1085 repped this.