No "Touts" Please...Any Reports Regarding Ticket Sales At The Stadiums?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Beautiful Game 2010, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since the mods closed my thread asking about ticket resales around the stadiums because the thread "attracts touts", I re-started the thread with the warning against "touts" because I think that the information would be really helpful to those of us traveling to the games and hoping to buy tickets, particularly in the knockout phases where we do not know where the teams are playing yet.

So, I will ask again, and please, no "touts":

For those of you who have been to a game, how is the ticket "resale" situation near the stadiums?

We might try to buy some tickets to knockout round games on the way to the stadium depending on which teams advance to those games.

Did anyone see people selling tickets near the stadiums?

2. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Cape Town Report

I did not do the Fan Walk. No sign of ticket commerce either at Civic Centre
    shuttle stop or from Stadium bus stadium to security checkpoint.

Plenty of people on the fringes who had hang dog looks.

Announced attandance was 64,100 which sounded about right. There were large numbers of empty Cat 1 primo seats on one side of the stadium.

Also, plenty of obstructed views, e.g. first couple of rows around the pitch that were covered up.

3. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Please stop starting these threads. Asking touts to stay away does not work.

You will need to get this info some other way.