No Subs Record ....

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GoRapids, Sep 12, 2003.

1. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Peter Hirdt on MLSnet.com ... (This is cut and past ... I didn't Call Hanki Tom)

I mentioned in last week’s column that Tom Hankinson’s Rapids had already tied the MLS record for games in a season without using any substitutes. On Saturday, they did it again, setting a new league mark with five sub-less matches. Colorado is now 66 minutes short of the league record of 279 minutes without inserting a sub, set by Frank Yallop and the Quakes earlier this season.

http://mlsnet.com/content/03/analyze0912.html

2. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Whatever works for the win in my book.

It would suck being on the bench though. Doing straight fitness for an entire half on the end-line.

3. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I fail to see why this is an issue at all. This is from the same guy who wrote earlier about the ration of keepers getting assists in Denver being higher than in other cities. Yawn. Who cares. Wins and losses are what matters. Not playing time or subs or altitude or left-footed defenders who came straight to the pros having more points than right-footed midfielders who went to college.

I'd think that MLS could get someone who could actually give an opinion on the league and teams and not try and use stats to back up useless topics.

4. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    I think that the league stats are this hirdt guy's job, for some reason they gave him a column on mlsnet.

For a second there I thought you were ripping on me, I was about ready to puff up my chest, then I realized you were talking about the author of the article.

But, I do agree. Whatever gets the rapids the win. Not necessarily sure that their wins have much to do with no subs, but, whatever is working.

5. chazz

chazz New Member

May 28, 2003
    Peter Hirdt

I couldn't have said it better... Thanks

6. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Sorry, I'm so used to clicking 'quote' that I didn't notice it until I reread the post.