No Real Madrid Highlights on 9/14 FSW Report

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by bkn0528, Sep 14, 2003.

1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    What's up with the FSW Report tonight? They did not show any highlights of the Real Madrid match from yesterday, an extraordinary match that reportedly boasted some amazing goals. They posted the score and said they'd shown highlights on Saturday. On the same show however they had the same highlights of EPL matches TWICE. I love the EPL and I watch it every week, but as La Liga is not available anywhere in the USA the FSW Report or Sky Sports News is the only place for me to at least see the goals. What are they thinking? Do they have to pay for the highlights?

2. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    In order for FSW Report to get La Liga highlights, the highlights would have to be included in either the SNTV or the Reuters highlights packages if the match is not shown in the US or Canada.

SNTV or Reuters would have to pay for worldwide rights to the highlights unless a league is required by a government agency to grant free highlights rights for news reporting purposes.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    In short, yes. Probably a little bit more than your allowance.

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said they showed it on Saturday? Is FSW Report shown on Saturday on FSW in the U.S.?

5. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Sky Sports News that aired Saturday night on FSW should the highlights. (That Raul goal was amazing!)

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I didn't think there was a Saturday FSW Report in the US. I'm not sure because I was working overnight on Saturday. Which Raul goal? He scored three!

7. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Okay, I finally saw the highlights on Monday nights FSW Report. Thank you, FSW. Yes, that Raul goal WAS amazing (all good, the first one was just out of this world).

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caught the highlights too.

Amazing.