No Quakes at the All Star Game

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by akofman12345, Jul 13, 2005.

1. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    Man, we went from 5 players last season to none. This makes me mad. I think at least Davis should have been there. They say its 25% On line 25% media 25% players 25% coaches. Well i say its 100% AEG. this sucks :mad:

2. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that just the starting lineup?

3. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    1. It's just the starting XI that were announced. http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20050713&content_id=36378&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

2. There were more Quakes last year because it was East v. West. Obviously, only half the amount of players will be selected this year.

I'd be surprised -- shocked, actually -- if neither Davis nor Califf gets selected by the coach. At least one, if not both.

4. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Im Sorry to say it but " The League (MLS), AEG, The people who voted On line, the Media, Players and Coaches dont like you, maybe next year when you guys become the Houston Oilers you guys will have players in the All Star game, Host the MLS final or the All Star Game and maybe get an exhibition game against Manchester United or Real Madrid :D There is awlays next year :D

5. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Three-Nil, ********!

6. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Better yet, 5-4!! :D

7. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's okay. Why the Quakes are playing well is that they're playing as a team. They have an "All-Star Team" instead of All-Star players.

8. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they can't pick out an all-star or 2 from SJ because the whole team is filled with all-stars

hell, why don't we just make the All Star game SJ vs. Fulham?

9. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Because if we humiliated them with the king size ass whupping they'd get from Moreno and company, no big-league team would want to come play in our all-star game and MLS would have to invite the Pittsburg Riverhounds.

10. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    DING!!DING!!DING!!DING!!DING!!DING!!DING!!DING!!

I wouldn't take it as an insult. this is part of the fabric of Smurf identity: the underappreciated, red-headed step-child who has to "believe" in himself in order to succeed.

Plus, the entire team will be rested. Watching the Gold Cup and the confederations cup recently, man, a LOT of guys out there are just tired.

11. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. Sir!

Who care about the All Star game? The leagues should get rid of the game. Completely useless. I would rather rest the players.

12. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    indeed, sir...

plus no international a$$-whipping friendlies and the boys will be ready to tear up the second half...

13. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you speak the truth, my friend

14. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    And we won't have to risk any of the guys getting injuries too. It all pretty much works in our favor. :)

15. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha those all star suckers!

16. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KMJvet again"

17. i_heart_the_quakes

i_heart_the_quakes New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Home at last!
    As much as I'd like to see at least one of our boys here, I think it is for the best that they stay in SJ. Like others said, they will be tired. Anyone who would be picked has been on the road for almost a month and/or trained with their NT for Gold Cup games. Also, we now have a LHUSOC game the next Wednesday in Portland, plus a game the following Saturday in SJ. That being said, I would have liked for at least one of our guys to get recognized. Maybe BD will get a call (he is the assists leader, which I would think means something in the "All-Star" process) or Clark or Cerritos, both of whom have been coming into great form of late. Who knows. All I know is that, even if it isn't recognizing all-star Quakes players at this point, the league will be forced to recognize an all-star Quakes team in November! And that is what counts! :D

18. Via_Chicago

Via_Chicago Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. The boys could use a nice rest.

19. ED Fajardo

ED Fajardo New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Fairfax,VA
    The all-star game can kiss our a$$. We'll take the MLS championship trophy instead. AEG can spend the off season telling enyone who'll listen how great the Galaxy will be someday. Snoooooze.

20. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco
    Oooooh, that is one nasty word! :D

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I can't imagine a team I would rather be a fan of than the current Quakes, but I also can't see how any of the individual Quakes could replace any of the players chosen for the All-Star starters. Davis is great, but O'Brien is a real standout for the position. Clark is also great, but I can't imagine picking anyone but Joseph for defensive midfielder. Same thing for every other position.

I think a Quake or two will make the reserve bench. Don't know how many will see the field as this is a game MLS wants to win instead just have fun with.

22. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco

This coming from a dude that likes BOTH L.A teams, ridiculous. I hope you are having fun with those two cheezballs D*novan & Mr. Cheezy Kirovski... :D

23. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    San Jose is succeeding as a team, just like Chicago. There probably won't be any all stars from either team.

There's five reserves to be named tomorrow. Probably one keeper/defender/midfielder/forward, and another. I would guess Joe Cannon makes it, as well as Pat Noonan. Not really sure about the defender. Maybe Tyrone Marshall or Michael Parkhurst? Brad Davis could make it, but there's also Eddie Gaven and some others. Clarke might want to take another defensive midfielder (Mastroeni/Zavagnin) since Freddy Adu will almost assuredly be a commish pick. Up top, there's also Twellman, Moreno, and Cunningham. Cerritos may have a shot but I doubt it.

24. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - blame the dip sh!+$ at MLS for that. Can someone please explain why a team from Engalnd is playing in the MLS All-star game. They didn't change the name to the 1/2 MLS all-star game or the mid-level EPL club/MLS all-star game did they?

East vs. West the weekend after the MLS Cup final.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All-Star game? Me no givee puck!!